Folder task bar showing file size gone again...

Feeling stupid again... it hasn't been a week since I read here, or in
another windows ng, how to get my "file size info" back in XP, as it has
been in every preceding version. And <sigh>, due to creeping senility,
I can't remember what I did, and SP2 has returned me to XP status quo.

Does anyone understand what I'm trying to remember, and where to find
what I need to change, to show folder/file sizes again? TIA... :)
bj

View/choose details....

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

Rick "Nutcase" Rogers wrote:
> View/choose details....

I have that. What I am looking for is the total of file [sizes] in a
given folder, and total memory in use [or is it available?] in a task
bar at the bottom of the window. Hope that makes sense... :)

Thanks for the response...
bj

Open windows explorer and then click View then click on Status Bar. The
status bar will then appear in the bottom of the explorer window and you
should see the number of files on the left and the total space used on the
right.

--
What's another word for synonym?

Colin Barnhorst wrote:

> Open windows explorer and then click View then click on Status Bar. The
> status bar will then appear in the bottom of the explorer window and you
> should see the number of files on the left and the total space used on the
> right.

You are wonderful, Colin! I knew I had the name wrong [not a task bar],
but just could not remember... what I had read. My brain is just on
overload from reading all the stuff about XP in the past 2 weeks, and it
is "dumping" a lot. ;)
bj

Glad you got it.