Adding Memory to a HP 5L

Hi,
I have a HP 5L that a friend gave me and it does a nice job but sometimes
times out doing large files like many PDFs etc and I will get the yellow
blinking light and if I get it to print it will often add the end of one
page on to a new page.

My question is does adding an 8MB RAM card cure those types of issues?

Thanks for any advice.

Dorothy

ME

In message <mu15d11fahiek1bi0bsv83p34vti44hu9t@4ax.com>, Dorothy
<drlm@removeatt.net> writes
>Hi,
>I have a HP 5L that a friend gave me and it does a nice job but sometimes
>times out doing large files like many PDFs etc and I will get the yellow
>blinking light and if I get it to print it will often add the end of one
>page on to a new page.
>
>My question is does adding an 8MB RAM card cure those types of issues?

Should do as long as that is enough. Is it possible to get standard
memory for it do you have to get a ridiculously expensive memory card
from HP? I remember my old IIp would run out of memory from time to
time, that happened very rarely with the IIIp that had larger memory,
but it came that way.
When I had a QMS/Minolta that took a standard PC100 memory so I upped
that from 32 to 96 (its max). If it takes a normal memory I would look
at the manual and give it the largest it can cope with if you are
sending it awkward pdf files.

--
Timothy

miked

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2004

"me@privacy.net" <me@Privacy.Net> wrote in message
> In message <mu15d11fahiek1bi0bsv83p34vti44hu9t@4ax.com>, Dorothy
> <drlm@removeatt.net> writes
> >Hi,
> >I have a HP 5L that a friend gave me and it does a nice job but sometimes
> >times out doing large files like many PDFs etc and I will get the yellow
> >blinking light and if I get it to print it will often add the end of one
> >page on to a new page.
> >
> >My question is does adding an 8MB RAM card cure those types of issues?
>
> Should do as long as that is enough. Is it possible to get standard
> memory for it do you have to get a ridiculously expensive memory card
> from HP? I remember my old IIp would run out of memory from time to
> time, that happened very rarely with the IIIp that had larger memory,
> but it came that way.
> When I had a QMS/Minolta that took a standard PC100 memory so I upped
> that from 32 to 96 (its max). If it takes a normal memory I would look
> at the manual and give it the largest it can cope with if you are
> sending it awkward pdf files.

I use an HP LJ 5L on a home network, so I have to use the PCL driver. I got
an 8MB memory card for a reasonable price on eBay and it has no problem
printing large files.

Mike

> <drlm@removeatt.net> writes
> >Hi,
> >I have a HP 5L that a friend gave me and it does a nice job but sometimes
> >times out doing large files like many PDFs etc and I will get the yellow
> >blinking light and if I get it to print it will often add the end of one
> >page on to a new page.
> >
> >My question is does adding an 8MB RAM card cure those types of issues?

===

>Should do as long as that is enough. Is it possible to get standard
>memory for it do you have to get a ridiculously expensive memory card
>from HP? I remember my old IIp would run out of memory from time to
>time, that happened very rarely with the IIIp that had larger memory,
>but it came that way.
>When I had a QMS/Minolta that took a standard PC100 memory so I upped
>that from 32 to 96 (its max). If it takes a normal memory I would look
>at the manual and give it the largest it can cope with if you are
>sending it awkward pdf files.
>Timothy

***

>I use an HP LJ 5L on a home network, so I have to use the PCL driver. I got
>an 8MB memory card for a reasonable price on eBay and it has no problem
>printing large files.
>
>Mike

Much thanks to you both.
I saw the 8MB card for about 24.00 on Ebay and was thinking of giving that a
whirl.

I had gone out and looked at lasers both Monochrome and color
and became overwhelmed by all the choices/reviews and worried about after
purchase costs.

Thanks again,
Dorothy