Sign in with
Your question

Could this be Intel answer to AMD 4x4 ??

Last response: in CPUs
August 20, 2006 9:04:07 AM

After read a lot of fanboy stupid post I'm going to start another.

http://www.tyan.com/products/html/tempesti5000px_spec.html

I has two dual core capable sockets two PCIe16x slots ports and is available.

More about : intel answer amd 4x4

August 20, 2006 9:22:26 AM

Your nick is somewhat offensive. :lol: 
August 20, 2006 9:25:31 AM

My nick is old.

Pero fui banneado con mi anterior nick porque el tonto del moderador considero una foto ofensiva y en vez de retirarla me hecho. Por eso puse este nick. Y como aqui pocos saben otra lengua a parte de la suya nadie se queja.
Related resources
August 20, 2006 9:41:07 AM

Quote:

Sounds like a server board. 8xFB-DIMM's, PCI-X, and also:

Platform Management Interface (optional)
• Baseboard Management Controller (BMC)
BMC from daughter card M3291
(Hitachi BMC Renesas H8S2167)

• Tailored for IPMI 2.0 specification
• Supports remote Power on/off and reset support
(IPMI-over-LAN)
Server Management Daughter card via built-in
2x25 header

and lastly:

Integrated Video Controller
• ATI® ES1000; PCI interface
32MB DDR frame buffer of video memory

I can't see them putting on-board video on such an enthusiast based motherboard. :wink:
August 20, 2006 9:48:49 AM

Quote:
Your nick is somewhat offensive. :lol: 

"somewhat" !?

LMAO!
August 20, 2006 12:07:52 PM

Quote:

Definitely. This is clearly the board that will eat the firstborn of anyone who is an AMD fanboi and is going to buy 4x4. OMFG it is teh 1337 hAxxOr
:p 
August 20, 2006 12:26:36 PM

Its not the 'answer' to anything, its just a dual Xeon motherboard, and those have been around a long time.

But I loooove FB-DIMMs....
August 20, 2006 12:50:00 PM

im almost positive this is a server board which is completely different from amd's 4 plan
August 20, 2006 12:55:19 PM

Quote:
Pero fui banneado con mi anterior nick porque el tonto del moderador considero una foto ofensiva y en vez de retirarla me hecho. Por eso puse este nick. Y como aqui pocos saben otra lengua a parte de la suya nadie se queja.

This is the most moderator-less and administrator-less forum about hardware I ever found. Sometimes sick things are happening here. For example when BaronBS has PMS and he starts BS-ing around AMD-istic SF and Intel-istic horror movies by Shakira, MMM or other more hardcore freaks than BaronBS is. What is strange, the mods & admins are not taking any actions when hardcore insults are included in the stupid threads. The freedom of speech, I guess:) 
If I were a mod, your post will be probably deleted becouse english is the official language. Probably I will delete 50% of the posts here(including this one) not related to the subforum and to the subjects. In that 50%, 98% of the BS written by BaronBS will be included and permanent ban for the jackass as well.
August 20, 2006 1:08:57 PM

Quote:

This is the most moderator-less and administrator-less forum about hardware I ever found. Sometimes sick things are happening here. For example when BaronBS has PMS and he starts BS-ing around AMD-istic SF and Intel-istic horror movies by Shakira, MMM or other more hardcore freaks than BaronBS is. What is strange, the mods & admins are not taking any actions when hardcore insults are included in the stupid threads. The freedom of speech, I guess:) 
If I were a mod, your post will be probably deleted becouse english is the official language. Probably I will delete 50% of the posts here(including this one) not related to the subforum and to the subjects. In that 50%, 98% of the BS written by BaronBS will be included and permanent ban for the jackass as well.As if we want to look at an avatar of a guy with a bottle or something shoved up his *ss. :roll:
August 20, 2006 1:56:46 PM

4x4 is AMD's answer to Intel quad-core. At this point I'm not sure that Intel need to respond.
August 20, 2006 2:01:07 PM

Quote:
4x4 is AMD's answer to Intel quad-core. At this point I'm not sure that Intel need to respond.
Yes, i know. :wink:
August 20, 2006 2:02:33 PM

Quote:

And considering a 4x4 board will probably be prohibitively expensive where as Intel's Quad-Core will just be plain expensive I think we know who the real winner will be anyway.
August 20, 2006 2:57:03 PM

Could be. We'll find out soon enough since the Mac Pro uses the same chipset and can run Windows. Unfortunately it doesn't yet support SLI/Crossfire but all dual and triple video card configurations use nVidia. The X1900 XT is only available as a single card. The Quadro and GeForce are SLI capable. Hopefully someone somewhere will get the Windows ForceWare drivers to work in SLI. According to Apple, the three open PCIe slots have "configurable bandwidth that mechanically supports 16-lane cards." link I guess that means you can allocate 16 lanes to one and divide the remaining lanes between the other two. That would give you the two x16 slots SLI needs. Intel also has Kentsfield to do battle against 4x4.
August 20, 2006 3:15:37 PM

SLI doesn't need two x16 slots. You just need two x16 connectors. SLI and Crossfire work fine with x8 slots.
a c 135 à CPUs
a b å Intel
a b À AMD
August 20, 2006 3:27:17 PM

Its a server board.

here's the amd answer to that...well at least for a server. not a games...

for games... i guess you can get this...

But who need that much speed yet? (i do if i had the $$$)
August 20, 2006 6:38:48 PM

Quote:

If I were a mod, your post will be probably deleted becouse english is the official language. Probably I will delete 50% of the posts here(including this one) not related to the subforum and to the subjects. In that 50%, 98% of the BS written by BaronBS will be included and permanent ban for the jackass as well.

STFU. This is a CPU forum, not an INTEL forum. And take your girlfriend off the avatar.
August 20, 2006 6:39:46 PM

Quote:

STFU. This is a CPU forum, not an INTEL forum. And take your girlfriend off the avatar.

Aw poor baby didn't get his bottle this morning.
August 20, 2006 6:43:43 PM

Problem with this board is that it don't fit in normal case and you need four expensive opterons MP series. Intel can put 2 x four core processors in one board.
Here in Spain you can get 2x 2.0 woodcrest and the board and spend less than 1000€ , less than only one FX62 without motherboard.

I'm working with 16 socket montecito boards but I don't use it to play games, It is like get the Ferrari to buy the newspaper.
August 20, 2006 6:51:08 PM

It,s a server board for sure. has PCI X
August 20, 2006 6:52:50 PM

Quote:
Problem with this board is that it don't fit in normal case and you need four expensive opterons MP series. Intel can put 2 x four core processors in one board.
Here in Spain you can get 2x 2.0 woodcrest and the board and spend less than 1000€ , less than only one FX62 without motherboard.

I'm working with 16 socket montecito boards but I don't use it to play games, It is like get the Ferrari to buy the newspaper.

The same thing applies for Opteron 2xxx. What's your point? Besides, an SLI mobo for Core 2 is around $250(Gigabyte), while SLI for FX is only $125(Abit).

You guys should just hope that L3 doesn't make it into Brisbane. It will close the gap between Core 2 and AM2. WHat will you do then?
August 20, 2006 7:10:08 PM

Quote:

The same thing applies for Opteron 2xxx. What's your point? Besides, an SLI mobo for Core 2 is around $250(Gigabyte), while SLI for FX is only $125(Abit).

You guys should just hope that L3 doesn't make it into Brisbane. It will close the gap between Core 2 and AM2. WHat will you do then?

Overclock another 400Mhz.
August 20, 2006 9:58:11 PM

Quote:
(...) Here in Spain you can get 2x 2.0 woodcrest and the board and spend less than 1000€ , less than only one FX62 without motherboard. (...)

What?! Two 'Woodcrest' 2.0GHz & a dual slot motherboard for less than 1000 Euros?! You've got to tell me where you buy your stuff, no kidding! By the way, which motherboard?

(As you can easily imagine, I perfectly understand what your nick means; although provocative, I find it... well, daring, to say the least!) :wink:

Cheers!
August 20, 2006 10:15:07 PM

Quote:

Hello, gOJDO!

Isn't that being a little drastic? You'd cut off about the same amount of fun (insults apart, I mean).
Sometimes, mods can also be drastic & unfair; above all, I think they should be more participative instead of taking the solitary role of punishment. Perhaps it would help to bring some strenght to the term. My opinion, of course.

Cheers!
August 20, 2006 10:18:46 PM

I'm sure it's Newton's turn to carry some burden...

Cheers!
August 20, 2006 10:22:28 PM

Quote:

Since you said "guys" you opened your post to responce from anyone.
Speaking as one of the "guys" I will say this:
When AMD supercedes Intel in performance, if I need a new system, I will buy an AMD. Unlike you, who will buy AMD regardless of performance, because you are witless pratt of a fanboy.

Choke
August 20, 2006 10:24:06 PM

Quote:

Overclock another 400Mhz.

:lol: 

Cheers, Spud!
August 20, 2006 10:31:13 PM

Quote:
Since you said "guys" you opened your post to responce from anyone.
Speaking as one of the "guys" I will say this:
When AMD supercedes Intel in performance, if I need a new system, I will buy an AMD. Unlike you, who will buy AMD regardless of performance, because you are witless pratt of a fanboy.

Some people just need to make an extra effort in trying to hide their Oedipus complex...

Cheers!
August 21, 2006 3:42:25 AM

Quote:
Hello, gOJDO!

Isn't that being a little drastic? You'd cut off about the same amount of fun (insults apart, I mean).
Sometimes, mods can also be drastic & unfair; above all, I think they should be more participative instead of taking the solitary role of punishment. Perhaps it would help to bring some strenght to the term. My opinion, of course.

Cheers!

It is drastic, there are no other ways with loosers like those I've mentioned before. I think that the forum should be more professional, there are other forums and chats for fun. The pointless unargumented Intel VS AMD duels are not always fun.
a c 135 à CPUs
a b å Intel
a b À AMD
August 21, 2006 4:58:31 AM

Fits most ATX cases
add 2 cheap dual core opterons... and some ram....get numa going..... have fun :) 

i was gonna go that route....but core 2 seems(as it is on order) like a good buy for me....but for real multi tasking.....4 cores would rock....
August 21, 2006 5:34:32 PM

Quote:

What?! Two 'Woodcrest' 2.0GHz & a dual slot motherboard for less than 1000 Euros?! You've got to tell me where you buy your stuff, no kidding! By the way, which motherboard?

(As you can easily imagine, I perfectly understand what your nick means; although provocative, I find it... well, daring, to say the least!) :wink:

Cheers!

Motherboard:
http://www.alternate.es/html/productDetails.html?artno=GSET34
Processors:
http://www.alternate.es/html/productDetails.html?artno=HSHI19

Total without VAT 950€
August 21, 2006 6:13:10 PM

Thanks. That's a great price... & great hardware.

Cheers!
!