how to setup a subdomain

I'm pretty brandnew to Win2003 and want to create a few subdomains but ...
where to start? How wants to give me a hand? Thanks so much.

You've posted in the DNS forum, so I assume we're talking DNS sub-domains.
You create these by right-clicking on the current zone and choosing New
Domain...

If you promote an Active Directory child domain, and that server points to
the parent domain for DNS, a [DNS] sub-domain will be created automatically
for you.

--

Paul Williams

http://www.msresource.net/
http://forums.msresource.net/

coceesos via WinServerKB.com wrote:
> I'm pretty brandnew to Win2003 and want to create a few subdomains
> but ... where to start? How wants to give me a hand? Thanks so much.

To add to Paul's (PT's) post, if this is related to creating child domains
in Active Directory, you can follow this article. It's for 2000, but it's
the same, other than the availibilty of using a stub zone instead of
delegations.

255248 - HOW TO Create a Child Domain in Active Directory and Delegate the
DNS Namespace to the Child Domain:
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=255248

--
Regards,
Ace

so all can benefit.

and confers no rights.

Paramount: What's up with taking Enterprise off the air??