Some documents don't appear on recently used menu

pat

Expert

I recently reinstalled XP Home (that is, I "upgraded" it over itself).
Now certain documents will not appear in the most recently used
documents area of the Start menu. I haven't tested everything, but in
general Office documents will appear (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint,
even Publisher), Paint Shop Pro will appear, but Adobe applications
(Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat)won't. Is there some tweak
I can use to get these documents to start appearing on the Start menu
again?
Pat

Did they ever appear there before?

[[Some programs cannot add items to the My Recent Documents folder. In this
case, the document that you recently used is not listed. If you want to open
a document that is not in the My Recent Documents list, click Search on the
Start menu to search for the item. ]]

How To Display, Use, and Clear "My Recent Documents" on the Start Menu in
Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307875

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:9b425e06.0410211748.7f4c0c7@posting.google.com,
Pat <ppmcgroin@yahoo.com> hunted and pecked:
> I recently reinstalled XP Home (that is, I "upgraded" it over itself).
> Now certain documents will not appear in the most recently used
> documents area of the Start menu. I haven't tested everything, but in
> general Office documents will appear (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint,
> even Publisher), Paint Shop Pro will appear, but Adobe applications
> (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat)won't. Is there some tweak
> I can use to get these documents to start appearing on the Start menu
> again?
> Pat

pat

Expert

Yes, they always appeared before. I used this feature all the time to
reopen documents I had been working on. Something got changed with
reloading Windows. Do you think I need to reinstall these
applications?
Pat