Dns problem seeing the domain

We are running Win2000 domain.
All of a sudden it is taking an unusual amount of time to logon to the
domain.
If I logon to the local machine it is up and running in no time. But if I
logon to the domain, it takes minutes. Once I am logged on, it seems to run
at a good speed.
All of this happens on the LAN where the domain and dns servers are located.

Which records should I look to for possible errors?

Regards,

In news:34DF8744-71E9-4BCE-BE47-69E74A337DA3@microsoft.com,
Owen@7 <Owen7@discussions.microsoft.com> commented
Then Kevin replied below:
> We are running Win2000 domain.
> All of a sudden it is taking an unusual amount of time
> to logon to the domain.
> If I logon to the local machine it is up and running in
> no time. But if I logon to the domain, it takes minutes.
> Once I am logged on, it seems to run at a good speed.
> All of this happens on the LAN where the domain and dns
> servers are located.
>
> Which records should I look to for possible errors?

Check the ipconfig /all of the server and the client to make sure that only
the internal DNS server that supports the AD domain is listed for DNS.

--
Best regards,
Kevin D4 Dad Goodknecht Sr. [MVP]

TRENDING THREADS