Morrowind Crash

I was wondering if anyone could help me with a problem. I just
recently purchased the game and it installed fine but when I run it
several errors occur saying "Chunk size 10 too big in chunk WEAT_ID in
form REGN_ID. Max size is 8, data is truncated to...." My friend told
me it will say that sometimes but before I can even get to the main
screen it will crash to desktop and show Microsoft error report. What
do I do? I can't get it to work! Please help!!
5 answers Last reply
More about morrowind crash

    In article <1109802177.067628.322360@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
    zharwell39@gt.rr.com says...
    > I was wondering if anyone could help me with a problem. I just
    > recently purchased the game and it installed fine but when I run it
    > several errors occur saying "Chunk size 10 too big in chunk WEAT_ID in
    > form REGN_ID. Max size is 8, data is truncated to...." My friend told
    > me it will say that sometimes but before I can even get to the main
    > screen it will crash to desktop and show Microsoft error report. What
    > do I do? I can't get it to work! Please help!!

    That sounds a bit like graphics problems to me -- I would start to
    investigate what version of DirectX is running, if the AGP settings in
    the BIOS are ok, if the video card has enough memory .... that sort of
    thing.

    "Chunks" typically are chunks of data that are being written to memory,
    most likely textures and such in this case, and if you are getting
    errors about that then typically either the data doesn't fit into its
    [allocated] destination, or the pipeline is too small.

    Then again, it could be one of those totally misleading error messages
    where the error has nothing whatsoever to do with what's displayed -
    something not totally unknown in a Microsoft environment <sigh><grin>.

    Regardless, the first things I would try is to run dxdiag to see if that
    gives any clues, then update the gfx drivers if possible, then try to
    un- and reinstall the game before proceeding to try and un- and
    reinstall Windows before looking at hardware.

    -P.

    "Peter Huebner" <no.one@this.address> wrote in message
    > In article <1109802177.067628.322360@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
    > <snippage>
    > Then again, it could be one of those totally misleading error messages
    > where the error has nothing whatsoever to do with what's displayed -
    > something not totally unknown in a Microsoft environment <sigh><grin>.
    > -P.

    Ah.... that brings back memories of all those wonderful "Is Windows A
    Virus?" joke emails that made the rounds a few years back.

    Morrowind... is it a virus or drug? It's certainly capable of ACTING like a
    virus... but it's addictive, like a drug.....

    Coyote

    Ragnor wrote:
    > I was wondering if anyone could help me with a problem. I just
    > recently purchased the game and it installed fine but when I run it
    > several errors occur saying "Chunk size 10 too big in chunk WEAT_ID in
    > form REGN_ID. Max size is 8, data is truncated to...." My friend told
    > me it will say that sometimes but before I can even get to the main
    > screen it will crash to desktop and show Microsoft error report. What
    > do I do? I can't get it to work! Please help!!

    Try reinstalling the game OR if u have any plugins try disabling them
    one by one.

    Ragnor wrote:
    > I was wondering if anyone could help me with a problem. I just
    > recently purchased the game and it installed fine but when I run it
    > several errors occur saying "Chunk size 10 too big in chunk WEAT_ID in
    > form REGN_ID. Max size is 8, data is truncated to...." My friend told
    > me it will say that sometimes but before I can even get to the main
    > screen it will crash to desktop and show Microsoft error report. What
    > do I do? I can't get it to work! Please help!!

    Try reinstalling the game OR if u have any plugins try disabling them
    one by one.

Crash Video Games