More General questions on DNS admin tool

Running Win2000 domain servers with dns on them. all service packs.
There are 4 servers. 2 at the admin site. The 3rd server at a second site
and the 4th at a 3rd site.
Under each servers Forward lookup zone it has the following

Forward Lookup Zones
Server3.domain.com
first.domain.com
domain.com
Server1
Server3

Does this mean I have 3 zones?
Why does the word 'first' appear?

Any suggestions, there are some resolution problems. It would be nice to
start fresh.

Regards

In news:4E2AE2FF-4D86-4220-8FF5-311742D9D7FC@microsoft.com,
Owen@7 <Owen7@discussions.microsoft.com> commented
Then Kevin replied below:
> Running Win2000 domain servers with dns on them. all
> service packs. There are 4 servers. 2 at the admin site.
> The 3rd server at a second site and the 4th at a 3rd site.
> Under each servers Forward lookup zone it has the
> following
>
> Forward Lookup Zones
> Server3.domain.com
> first.domain.com
> domain.com
> Server1
> Server3
>
> Does this mean I have 3 zones?

From the looks of it, yes.

> Why does the word 'first' appear?

Because someone created the zone.

> Any suggestions, there are some resolution problems. It
> would be nice to start fresh.

What is your AD domain name in ADU&C?
Is there a zone for that name?

Post ipconfig /all from the DC.
Does its primary DNS suffix match the AD domain naem from ADU&C?

--
Best regards,
Kevin D4 Dad Goodknecht Sr. [MVP]

When Ipconfig the domain controllers I receive the correct primary dns
suffice just as it appears in the ADU&C.
domain.org

What are you thinking?

In news:0852D55E-7DB1-4454-8ACD-30CF1FF42BD6@microsoft.com,
Owen@7 <Owen7@discussions.microsoft.com> commented
Then Kevin replied below:
> When Ipconfig the domain controllers I receive the
> correct primary dns suffice just as it appears in the
> ADU&C.
> domain.org
>
> What are you thinking?

I don't see a zone for that name.