HP 5850 ink levels

I have a HP 5850 printer that we use solely on the wireless network It
isn't hardwired to any computer.

I tried to use the Printer Assistant software to check the amount of
ink left in the cartridges, but I got an error message saying my
laptop couldn't communicate with the printer.

I assume that's because of the wireless connection, so how do I check
how much ink is left in the cartridges?

Cathy

cathy wrote:

>I have a HP 5850 printer that we use solely on the wireless network It
>isn't hardwired to any computer.
>
>I tried to use the Printer Assistant software to check the amount of
>ink left in the cartridges, but I got an error message saying my
>laptop couldn't communicate with the printer.
>
>I assume that's because of the wireless connection, so how do I check
>how much ink is left in the cartridges?
>
>Cathy

It may be the wireless connection. If you are running Win2k
Professionals I would check the permissions on the share. I would right
click on the shared printer and choose the security tab. Add the user
that has the lap top and make sure that manage printers and Manage
Documents are also checked.

peter

I have the 5850 and it never shows the ink levels. That's normal with the
radio link software as I understand it but if you bring up the url for the
printer, mine is 192.168.0.4 then you will see it without fail.

All mail scanned with Norton Antivirus.