Scavenging in DNS

Hi,
I have two DC's running advanced 2000 server. what will happen if i start
Scavenging records in DNS when this option was never turned on in the past.
and what happens to Static IP Adresses if i turn this on.

can someone help me!!
Patti

Is vastly overrated most of the time.

"Patti" <Patti@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I have two DC's running advanced 2000 server. what will happen if i start
> Scavenging records in DNS when this option was never turned on in the
past.
> and

Why bother then?

Nothing bad will happen unless you allow the DCs to
get out of contact (e.g., WAN Down) long enough for
the master(s) to scavenge some of the DCs.

Then you will perhaps have DNS problems which will
lead to AD replication problems.

> what happens to Static IP Addresses if i turn this on.

Nothing. Only dynamic records are scavenged.