Why are people such dicks on forums (except this one)

jordan009

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2010
Ok well i post on a diffrent forum (not naming it) but everyone hatesm e there becuase i make "horrible posts etc"

this is what one person told me

Let's get this straight, ****, what you can do to me or what I could do to you (quite a bit) in real life has absolutely no bearing on this place. No matter how much you rant and stomp and brag you're still just a powerless little retard child who couldn't make a good post to save his life and makes simply low quality posts with the regularity of a constipated horse. Get the *** out.

To this, I give you the same response I've been giving this entire thread. Go ******* kill yourself. We won't accept you because you refuse to even try to understand what a good post is or consists of. Go ******* kill yourself. We're not going to ban you just to make you look like the victim, and we're not going to try to reason with you. Go ******* kill yourself.

silversurfernhs

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2009
Well, your only giving one side of the story. For us to give you an objective and reasonable suggestion, it would probably be a good idea to reference the things you said as well...

For all we know with what you've given us is that you may have been ranting, bragging and "stomping" other people's threads.

I would only hope that you not take peoples posts too personally; it can be argue (much like they claim of you) that they could be young and immature.

You could also find a more mature forum to state your opinions and theories...

This one had dedicated Moderators.

Also, the other guys are stuck up IT pros who have no life. Here are enthusiasts who want to help and learn, not discuss why AMD sucks and why they should blow up Intel and all its fanboys.

paq7512

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2006
Typically the ones that are ran by companies are fine, individual forums are out of control, at least until they get large.

This is disturbing. The forum that you mentioned seems to have no values.

I'm not trying to be a d1ck here, but there are different standards at some sites. If you post some of the n00bish questions that are often posted here over at a site like XS you WILL get banned/flames,etc. This is the internet. Don't take things personally.

LePhuronn

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2007
And there's a few dicks over here too, it's just the way of internet life.

But as people have already stated, it's the internet - nothing personal and toughen that skin up a bit. Morons are everywhere, they don't deserve you wasting your time.

hairystuff

Distinguished
Forum d!ckery only exists because there is a computer and internet connection between you and the other person, not to mention anonymity. The internet and face to face communication will only be equal when somebody invents a way of physically punching someone in the face via TCP-IP or getting rid of anonymity.

As mods, we encourage learning, helping others, and enjoying what IT/PCs are all about, at all levels
We wont permit antagonism of others, so for every one that ignores trolls, better than yous etc, we grow, while those others end up in the sites you refer to

NoCanDo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2010
In my opinion, not to say that everyone here is 30+ but this forum seems to be quite mature and there's a lot of experience here, I think it's the setting of the forum too, which links in to the dedicated moderators, tom's snuffs out trolls and tries to keep the forum on topic and helpful at all times, this makes for a very bad environment for trolls.

In my past experience other sites have a lot of teenagers on (not to condemn teenagers, being one myself, teenagers tend to feed into the trolls with comments like "LOL") and the moderators seemed to be pretty lackluster, they took favourites and instead of trying to stop pointless arguments they joined in.

^ The under 21 groups need to have a better ground as for maturity. They represent the site much as the over 21 group.Maturity is not much of an issue is as the targeting and the rage caused by human ideology. Everyone wants to be right, weather your male, female, young, old, atheist, faith-based, or otherwise, living.

Let me say this...criticize me all you want:

The internet,(and the computer), should be taken away form the purposed idiot. Meaning: if one is an idiot by choice, they should not have the privilege to use it. Like driving; you break the rules/screw people..you get it back in the butt.

I agree however that is also job security...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Online_disinhibition_effect
I agree with that, as I am different online than I am in person (to a much less extent than many), and I know plenty others like that.

How many people in video games would tea bag you in person... probably not that many, if you asked them online if they would teabag you "IRL" they would all say they would, if you asked them in person maybe only a few.

TRENDING THREADS