HP1945 driver for windows 2000

January 3, 2005 10:24:18 PM

Just bought a used HP1945, and missing the driver to install the USB connection to windows 2000. Think the file I am missing is sceusbsh.sys, but can't find anything on the web.
Thanks, Gil.

January 3, 2005 10:24:19 PM

"Gil Rosenfeld via PocketPCJunkies.com" <forum@PocketPCJunkies.com> wrote in
message news:fd9786e4f0d34e5ca29e5e36fea13017@PocketPCJunkies.com...
> Just bought a used HP1945, and missing the driver to install the USB
> connection to windows 2000. Think the file I am missing is sceusbsh.sys,
> but can't find anything on the web.
> Thanks, Gil.

Can you do a hard reset and let the device rewrite the files? I believe the
HP1945 falls into this category of device, and using USB is default
behavior. Unless, of course, the rom image is corrupt.

Good Luck
Anonymous
January 3, 2005 10:24:19 PM

the file is wceusbsh.inf and would normally be on the CD

However, that model should be included in the inf file that installs
with the current download of activesync from microsoft

after install, reboot both the pc and ppc, then connect the 1945 while
it is powered OFF

If no joy, see http://BevHoward.com/ASync.htm#GetConn and report the
exact dialogue box results back here to continue.

Beverly Howard [MS MVP-Mobile Devices]
January 3, 2005 10:24:19 PM

"Gil Rosenfeld via PocketPCJunkies.com" <forum@PocketPCJunkies.com> wrote in
message news:fd9786e4f0d34e5ca29e5e36fea13017@PocketPCJunkies.com...
| Just bought a used HP1945, and missing the driver to install the USB
connection to windows 2000. Think the file I am missing is sceusbsh.sys, but
can't find anything on the web.
| Thanks, Gil.

re-install active sync on the desktop, OR use your windows file explorer to
search for the file on your desktop. I have gotten that error in the past
when changing my cradle from 1 usb port to another, just hit browse and
navigate to the place the file resides (more than likely
windows\system32\drivers\ )
Anonymous
January 3, 2005 10:24:20 PM

"xTenn" <xTennREmoveThisPart@tds.net> wrote in message
news:o csbO$c8EHA.2124@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...

> "Gil Rosenfeld via PocketPCJunkies.com" <forum@PocketPCJunkies.com> wrote
> in message news:fd9786e4f0d34e5ca29e5e36fea13017@PocketPCJunkies.com...
>> Just bought a used HP1945, and missing the driver to install the USB
>> connection to windows 2000. Think the file I am missing is sceusbsh.sys,
>> but can't find anything on the web.
>> Thanks, Gil.
>>

> Can you do a hard reset and let the device rewrite the files? I believe
> the HP1945 falls into this category of device, and using USB is default
> behavior. Unless, of course, the rom image is corrupt.
>
> Good Luck

Never mind - I misread the post. I take it you are asking for the Windows
USB driver, not the driver on the device itself.
Anonymous
January 4, 2005 7:15:50 AM

Thanks !
I managed to find the driver and install the USB connection.
I now have a problem with ActiveSync giving me a Registry settings failed message - 'setup failed to create one or more system registry setings. Microsoft ActiveSync may not function properly until these settings are created'
Tried to install a few times but keep failing.
Any idea what this is about ?
Thanks, Gil.

January 4, 2005 12:17:43 PM

could it be you dont have sufficient "privileges" (i.e. administrator
rights) on the PC ??

"Gil Rosenfeld via PocketPCJunkies.com" <forum@PocketPCJunkies.com> wrote in
message news:9b2ee5900e88487189b72c5a1444d944@PocketPCJunkies.com...