URGENT!!!

I HAD an AD integrated zone (domain.com) that is now gone. On one of the DCs
(DC3), the zone showed up as a secondary zone. I tried to change it, but
either the options to overwrite old or new would not work (if that makes
sense...). So I thought, "no problem. I'll just delete the secondary zone
and the AD integrated zone will get replicated to DC3, which was not a FSMO
role holder. Well guess what? The zone is completely gone on all servers.
What can I say? I had a weak moment. When I try to recreate the zone as an
AD integrated zone, I get this message: "The zone cannot be created. The
zone type is invalid."

I really need to get this up and running quickly, as we're moving a member
server tomorrow and I need to get this straight!

Thanks,
Chris

get far better help faster (on average) if you use a
descriptive subject that peaks the interest or alerts
those with skill in your problem.

"C Hall" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I HAD an AD integrated zone (domain.com) that is now gone. On one of the
DCs
> (DC3), the zone showed up as a secondary zone. I tried to change it, but
> either the options to overwrite old or new would not work (if that makes
> sense...).

Tried to change it? Did you go into the zone problems
and use the General tab->Change...

> So I thought, "no problem. I'll just delete the secondary zone
> and the AD integrated zone will get replicated to DC3, which was not a
FSMO
> role holder. Well guess what? The zone is completely gone on all servers.

> What can I say? I had a weak moment. When I try to recreate the zone as an
> AD integrated zone, I get this message: "The zone cannot be created. The
> zone type is invalid."

Can you create a Primary?

I am suspecting you still have the zone (or part
of it hanging around in AD ITSELF.)

> I really need to get this up and running quickly, as we're moving a member
> server tomorrow and I need to get this straight!

Try Primary-Secondary for the moment if you are in
a hurry -- until someone offers a most complete fix.