Site replication problem due to DNS Lookup failure.

Hi, Urgent help required.

I have multiple sites connected with WAN links. All sites are functioning
correctly besides one. Changes on Site a will be replicated to Site B however
changes in site B will not replicated to Site A. Repmon comes up with the DNS
Lookup failure. I found that on Site A in DNS under the Foward lookup zones
(Sites), Site B is not apparent but on Site B all the sites are apparent. How
do I get the sites re-added to DNS. I understand that this should have been
done aytomatically through sites and services.

Thank you in advance.
3 answers Last reply
More about site replication problem lookup failure

    Beezo wrote:
    > Hi, Urgent help required.
    >
    > I have multiple sites connected with WAN links. All sites are
    > functioning correctly besides one. Changes on Site a will be
    > replicated to Site B however changes in site B will not replicated to
    > Site A. Repmon comes up with the DNS Lookup failure. I found that on
    > Site A in DNS under the Foward lookup zones (Sites), Site B is not
    > apparent but on Site B all the sites are apparent. How do I get the
    > sites re-added to DNS. I understand that this should have been done
    > aytomatically through sites and services.
    >
    > Thank you in advance.

    Are the zone AD Integrated? Is there any firewall rules blocking traffic one
    way or the other? Is there a NAT device in the way?

    Nothing to re-add. It's all automatic, if functioning properly.

    --
    Regards,
    Ace

    so all can benefit.

    and confers no rights.

    Paramount: What's up with taking Enterprise off the air??
    =================================

    Hi Ace

    The Zones are AD Integrated. No Firewalls or any other devices on path. I do
    have a packet shaper installed but I have elimanated that as a possiblilty by
    removing it entirely from the path. No changes had been made on the server
    prior to the errors, Is it possible that DNS or AD as a whole could have
    become corrupt on unrepairable.

    I have manually created all the SRV entries on Site A but still no luck,
    Please let me know if you have any other sugesstions,

    Thanks again for you assistance.

    Beezo wrote:
    > Hi Ace
    >
    > The Zones are AD Integrated. No Firewalls or any other devices on
    > path. I do have a packet shaper installed but I have elimanated that
    > as a possiblilty by removing it entirely from the path. No changes
    > had been made on the server prior to the errors, Is it possible that
    > DNS or AD as a whole could have become corrupt on unrepairable.
    >
    > I have manually created all the SRV entries on Site A but still no
    > luck, Please let me know if you have any other sugesstions,
    >
    > Thanks again for you assistance.

    Ok... Let's see, the last time I saw something like this happen, my clients
    upgraded their VPN boxes with a new firmware that forced the MTU to 1492
    which killed LDAP, Kerberos and RPC communication (protocols required by
    AD), but they could ping by name and IP all day long without probs. It took
    me 2 days to figure that one out. How about your VPN boxes? What's different
    or changed in there? Any MTU changes? Is there an ADSL connection anywhere?
    ADSL forces a lower MTU since 8 bytes are needed for PPPoE, which causes
    major issues with AD.

    This is all assuming there is nothing wrong with your configuration on all
    the servers. Just to make sure, can you post an ipconfig /all from all of
    your servers please? I just want to insure your infrastructure
    configuration.

    Thanks.

    Ace

Microsoft DNS Windows