7900 & 1900xtx in after effects !

mehradr

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2006
hi ,
i wana buy a Graphic Card for rendering in After Effects 7 or Adobe Premiere Pro 2.0 , ( Real time effects and .. )

i looked at the currnetly Nvidia's and Ati's Render Cards (FX series and .. like 540-550-560 ... ) and i didn't find any good render card under 600$

then i decide to buy a GC that support me in Gaming and Rendering
which one is better 7900 GTX or 1900 XTX

but rendering is more important for me than Gaming ,
does 7900 gtx or x1900xtx do the same performance as -600$ render card or not ?!

thanks
mehrad,.

nubetube

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2006
Agreed. Graphics cards don't play as big as a role as the processor does when it comes to rendering. The processor does most of the raw calculations when it comes to rendering... And if your going to get a 1900XTX, don't, get the XT, as it's not worth spending the extra money for a little tiny boost. You could just overclock and XT slightly and get the same performance.

masterkrhom

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2006
For sure you will see a difference!! Dont forget with the 1900 XTX you have 512 Megs of memory intead of 256! You will notice it on loading of some big maps liek Flight simulatorX, BF2, In some way it depend on what you looking for ,if its for better compatibility ill prolly go for NVidia for performance and big memory (Some game will prolly need it soon) the 1900 XTX, i personnaly have the 1900 XT and for the difference of price XTX and XT , XT is a good performance for the price XTX is like 90$ over the price of the XT for lil'bit of performance dont worth the 90$!! Thats my advice so :p Happy gaming m8 !!

mpjesse

Splendid
Agreed. Graphics cards don't play as big as a role as the processor does when it comes to rendering. The processor does most of the raw calculations when it comes to rendering... And if your going to get a 1900XTX, don't, get the XT, as it's not worth spending the extra money for a little tiny boost. You could just overclock and XT slightly and get the same performance.

it would make a big difference if he's doing stuff in REAL time.

MCMONOPOLY

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2006

it would make a big difference if he's doing stuff in REAL time.

It would, but if i'm not mistaken AE is all about adding stuff to a scene and then sending it to render to have the effects added to the scene. If he was to use GL apps like 3DS max for example then he would see a good difference, but in that case he'd be better off with and Nv card since i've read in these forums somewhere that you can tweak the NV drivers to unlock the extra GL features the Professional cards have on regular high-end gaming cards. So as nubetube said it's mostly the CPU and RAM that accountable in his case.

ikjadoon

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2006
The Quadros and the FireGL series have great support and a few features that their consumer brethren don't have... As mentioned, they might be able to be unlocked.

~Ibrahim~

predatorgsr

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2006
For rendering in 2d programs like aftereffects and premiere the importance of hardware is: Ram>CPU>HD>GPU. You need 2-4 gigs of memory minimum (depending on the project) and a fast cpu (dual or multi core if possible). The graphics card isn't going to play much of a role. Everything is on the hard drive, and AE will cache everything into memory that it can fit. Every time you make a change and hit the render preview button, the cpu renders into memory, and goes to the hard drive if it runs out of memory. The graphics card isn't going to be use much. I wouldn't cripple the system by putting in a 64mb card, but most likely a 1900xt would be overkill. Spend whatever money you have left over after you max out the cpu, ram, and hard drive speeds on a graphics card.

mehradr

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2006
thanks 4 answers ,
but as i said before i want the card for real time effects previewing ,
and currently i use a 4800+ X2 Cpu , 2 gig Ram , with 16 Mb buffer H.D.D
and 6600 card but i can't get the real time effect only with Cpu , i think it's more related to Gpu and Open GL than Cpu thing
and actully i want a render Card or Gpu card like Fx series of Nvidia (quadro )
but i wana know does 7900 GTX ( 512MB , 256bit ) and 1900XTX (512 , 256 bit ) handle my rendering projects or not ,
the money isn't important till 600 $
i want power , some thing fast that gives me real time effects
can i count on these cards as a render card not gaming card or i have to go for render cards.
thanks again