better, cheaper? core2duo motherboard

scales

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2006
humm, i dont think i plan to overclock, so i think this board would be good? also i want to use an nvidia card, is there some fling between intel and ati? or did i just misread something.....

alpine_sc

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2006
humm, i dont think i plan to overclock, so i think this board would be good? also i want to use an nvidia card, is there some fling between intel and ati? or did i just misread something.....

Oh, lol. This is motherboard overclocking section. I think you were looking for the General Motherboard section.

Anyway, what processor are you getting? If it's the E6300 or E6400, I would get a cheaper mobo with the features you want and get the next fastest processor. The P5N32 is very good though.

Oh wait I for the above post I meant the Asus P5W-DH is the best overclocker for Conroe, I"ll go edit that.

scales

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2006
yes i am looking at the 6400, sorry i didnt realize this was an overclocking section, haha. i dont suppose you could reccommend a better mobo for me, DS3? i was just looking at newegg, and didnt see many....maybe i missed them. i am just confused which can be used with the new core2duos....

alpine_sc

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2006
All P965 (I think)

All 975X that says it supports Core 2 Duo (Make sure the bios is for Core 2's)

P5NSLI (Nvidia nForce 500 series Intel Edition)

P5N32-SLI

Many more will come out within a few weeks.