The only thing more annoying than a cliff racer.....

Is a Fire Breathing Cliff Racer. I installed Puma's Wilderness and
Giant mod lst night. While my FPS in Balmora sunk to 7-8, it brought
whole new life to the game. I loved fireballing butterflies and
rabbits. But why the heck make cliff racers more annoying?
6 answers Last reply
More about thing annoying cliff racer

    In article <1110300474.767548.254700@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>,
    mathilda says...
    > Is a Fire Breathing Cliff Racer. I installed Puma's Wilderness and
    > Giant mod lst night. While my FPS in Balmora sunk to 7-8, it brought
    > whole new life to the game. I loved fireballing butterflies and
    > rabbits. But why the heck make cliff racers more annoying?

    Fly with the wizard staff and the boots of blinding speed. Then you are
    too fast for the cliff racers, they don't even notice you. Maybe these
    ones too <g>.
    --
    Posted by news://news.nb.nu

    > Is a Fire Breathing Cliff Racer. I installed Puma's Wilderness and
    > Giant mod lst night. While my FPS in Balmora sunk to 7-8, it brought
    > whole new life to the game. I loved fireballing butterflies and
    > rabbits. But why the heck make cliff racers more annoying?

    I get them from the Marksman mod as well. Thing is, I like everything else
    about the mod except that. It's called the Marksman mod, because it
    improves all the marksman weapons and such, but it pretty much FORCES you to
    use marksman weapons whenever you come across these things, because unlike
    regular Cliff Racers, they don't come down close enough for you to hit with
    melee weapons. One thing I found which helped was a spell added by, oddly
    enough, the Chalk mod. This mod basically just allows you to make marks on
    the ground with pieces of chalk, but it has a few hidden quests which you
    can find by following chalk arrows on the ground. Anyhow, in one place,
    there's this kid that's stranded out in the wilderness, and when you lead
    him back to town, his father will teach you one of three spells, one of
    which is called "Fastfall". It's basically "Levitate _ pts for 30 seconds
    in 10 feet on target". Since there's no value in the Levitate spell, it
    basically sets their levitate to 0, which causes them to fall to the ground
    and be unable to fly again. I'm not sure if you could enchant that item
    yourself, as it might be scripted? Never tried. Anyhow, it's invaluable
    against Cliff Racers.

    On 8 Mar 2005 08:47:54 -0800, mathilda <smart_aleck72@yahoo.com> wrote:

    > Is a Fire Breathing Cliff Racer. I installed Puma's Wilderness and
    > Giant mod lst night. While my FPS in Balmora sunk to 7-8, it brought
    > whole new life to the game. I loved fireballing butterflies and
    > rabbits. But why the heck make cliff racers more annoying?

    If you don't like it, change it. That's why Bethesda included the
    Construction Set. All you have to do is remove all references to
    those "advanced" cliff racers from the game (levelled creature lists
    and and single placements).

    Björn

    "mathilda" <smart_aleck72@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Is a Fire Breathing Cliff Racer. I installed Puma's Wilderness and
    > Giant mod lst night. While my FPS in Balmora sunk to 7-8, it brought
    > whole new life to the game. I loved fireballing butterflies and
    > rabbits. But why the heck make cliff racers more annoying?

    I kinda enjoyed having all the different wildlife, the variety, and even
    the sheer numbers of them it put in every step of the game. What I did
    NOT enjoy at all was fighting a gobb of vampires at almost every turn in
    the game. I uninstalled it and deleted it. Went with an earlier save
    to avoid the 2,000 + startup messages.
    McG.

    I use cliff racers to practice my seond (or third) weapon
    skill. You can improve hand to hand really fast against
    those guys.

    If you don't like the wildlife attacking, you can always
    travel in invisible mode (sine I have not run into fire
    breathing cliff racers, I'm assuming you have a quite
    high level and can easily make another constant
    effect item.)

    "DeAnn" <von.sagrillo@verizon.net> wrote in message
    >I use cliff racers to practice my seond (or third) weapon
    > skill. You can improve hand to hand really fast against
    > those guys.
    >
    > If you don't like the wildlife attacking, you can always
    > travel in invisible mode (sine I have not run into fire
    > breathing cliff racers, I'm assuming you have a quite
    > high level and can easily make another constant
    > effect item.)

    I ran the Wilderness mod along with the Less Aggressive Cliff Racer mod, and
    somehow my lineup let me have the bunnies and zebras without the evil
    cliffracers. I had to uninstall Wilderness because of the FPS issues (even
    with a 1.5ghz with 512 mg of RAM and an NVIDIA G-force with 128megs), but
    for what it's worth.....

    Starwolf

Racer Games Video Games