Internet traffic stops working under windows 2000 server

Hi
I am not sure if this is the right section for this question but..

I have a customer that once every week get a very strange problem.

Internet traffic under windows stops working untill you restart the server.

you can ping IP/DNS addresses under DOS but you can not brows to any
external address under any window application (even non MS applications stops
working)

Anyone ever bumped into this ? or have a clue what might be the problem ?
1 answer Last reply
More about internet traffic stops working windows 2000 server

    "ED" <ED@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi
    > I am not sure if this is the right section for this question but..
    >
    > I have a customer that once every week get a very strange problem.
    >
    > Internet traffic under windows stops working untill you restart the
    > server.
    >
    > you can ping IP/DNS addresses under DOS but you can not brows to any
    > external address under any window application (even non MS applications
    > stops
    > working)
    >
    > Anyone ever bumped into this ? or have a clue what might be the problem ?

    I've seen this happen if you have a PPPoE connection (such as ADSL) on an
    external NIC. When the connection falls asleep, there is no activity on that
    NIC and DNS service will stop responding even if the connection were to come
    back up.

    Can you describe your infrastructure with a little more info to better
    determine what the problem is?

    Thanks

    --
    Regards,
    Ace

    so all can benefit.

    and confers no rights.

    Paramount: What's up with taking Enterprise off the air??

Internet Windows 2000 DNS Servers Windows