IT IS SLOWER THAN THE IP4000 AND THE IP5000 IT USES DIFFERENT INK. IT
HAS FEWER NOZZLES BUT LIKE THE IP5000 DOES HAVE A 1PL HEAD.

THE INK IS SUPPOSED TO HAVE GREATER LONGEVITY BUT I DO NOT THINK ONE
SHOULD USE IT IN AN IP4000. I THINK IT IS DESIGNED FOR THE NEW PRINT
HEAD IN THE IP4200.

IT WILL NOT BE LONG UNTIL THERE ARE REVIEWS OF THIS PRINTER. I AM CURIOUS.

I AM HOPING THEY COME OUT WITH A PIXMA VERSION OF THE I9900. I WOULD
LIKE TO SEE 16X25 CAPABILITY ALSO.

IT SEEMS CANON IS MAKING AN ATTEMPT (CHIPPED CARTS??) TO PROTECT THIS
PRINTER FROM CLOGGING FROM AFTERMARKET INKS.

HERE ARE THE SPECS:

Print Speed (up to)

Black: 29 ppm (approx. 2.1 seconds per page)*
Color: 20 ppm (approx. 3 seconds per page)*
Color Photo: 4" x 6" borderless photo: approx. 51 seconds*

Number of Nozzles

Nozzle Text: Black: 320, Color: 256 x 4 colors (C, M, Y, Bk) Total
Nozzles: 1,344

Print Resolution (up to)

Black: 600 x 600 dpi**
Color: 9600 x 2400 dpi**

OS Compatibility

Windows® XP/Me/2000/98, and Mac® OS 9.x, OS X v10.2.1 to 10.3.x***

Standard Interface

USB 2.0 Hi-Speed**** and Direct Print Port(Cable not included)

Ink Compatibility

PGI-5 Pigment Black
CLI-8Bk Black
CLI-8C Cyan
CLI-8M Magenta
CLI-8Y Yellow

Buffer/Ram

42 KB

Paper Sizes

Letter, legal, Credit Card(2.13" x3.39"), 4" x 6", 5" x 7", U.S. #10
envelopes

Noise Level (Approx.)

34.2 dB(A) in the best quality mode

Physical Dimensions

16.5"(W) x 11.8"(D) x 6.3"(H)

Weight

14.8 lbs.

Power Source

120V AC, 60 Hz

Warranty

Toll-free telephone support. 1-year limited warranty (subject to
certain terms and conditions, see www.canontechsupport.com for details)

Software Included

CD-ROM including Printer Driver, Setup Software and User's Guide,
Electronic Photo Application Guide, Electronic User's Guide,
e-registration, Easy-PhotoPrint version 3.3 (Windows/Mac), PhotoRecord®
(Windows), Easy-WebPrint (Windows only, requires Microsoft® Internet
Explorer version 5.5, version 6.0 recommended)

* PPM print speeds are based on the highest speed printer driver mode.
Photo print speeds are based on the default mode driver setting using
Canon Photo Paper Plus Glossy paper. Print speeds will vary depending on
system configuration, interface, software, document complexity, print
mode, types of paper used and page coverage.
** Resolution may vary based on driver setting. Ink droplets can be
placed with a horizontal pitch of 1/4800 inch at minimum.
*** System requirements vary by application.
**** USB 2.0 Hi-Speed requires Windows XP, 2000 or Mac OS X operating
systems. For Windows 98, Me and Mac OS X v. 10.2 to 10.2.6 operating
systems, the printer will operate at USB 1.1 specifications.

measekite <inkystinky@oem.com> wrote in

> IT SEEMS CANON IS MAKING AN ATTEMPT (CHIPPED CARTS??) TO PROTECT THIS
> PRINTER FROM CLOGGING FROM AFTERMARKET INKS.

I agree fully with you, it's just a cash grab effort from Canon. A reboxed
printer with reboxed inks with added pretty lights that tell you you're too
dumb to read the screen message or that you're mentally incapable of
installing a cartridge properly. Isn't that why parents have kids around? :)

But there's probably more to those pretty lights than they're willing to tell
you right now. Watch your wallets, Big Brother will likely pull an "Epson" on
unsuspecting customers.

Gary

frank

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

measekite wrote:
> [...]
> (Windows), Easy-WebPrint (Windows only, requires Microsoft® Internet
> Explorer version 5.5, version 6.0 recommended)
>

> * PPM print speeds are based on the highest speed printer driver
> mode. Photo print speeds are based on the default mode driver setting
> using Canon Photo Paper Plus Glossy paper. Print speeds will vary
> depending on system configuration, interface, software, document
> complexity, print mode, types of paper used and page coverage.
> ** Resolution may vary based on driver setting. Ink droplets can be
> placed with a horizontal pitch of 1/4800 inch at minimum.
> *** System requirements vary by application.
> **** USB 2.0 Hi-Speed requires Windows XP, 2000 or Mac OS X operating
> systems. For Windows 98, Me and Mac OS X v. 10.2 to 10.2.6 operating
> systems, the printer will operate at USB 1.1 specifications.

After market inks don't clog printheads. All they do it take money away
from the corp execs at canon. Every adult already knows this.
Frank