color-blind

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2006
Just curious what do you think about glossy lcd screens? They look nice in the store, yet i'm concerned about the reflection. I've been looking at monitors by Nec, Samsung and Dell. I've allways been happy with Samsung screens yet Nec has some nice ones yet they come with a glossy screen. Thank for the help.

asdasd123123

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2006
Supposed to be great for viewing film, and probably games, less so for desktop I figure.

Personally I dislike watching film and games on TFT in any form..
Strange artifacting and flickering and stuff. But that's just me and I'm REALLY sensitive to errors.

asdasd123123

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2006
Hehe, yeah I've seen that video, it's really funny and probably very true...

Meh, I've broken many Windows installs in my day, but now that I've fked everything up, like 50 times, I've learned my mistakes and can make it better instead ;P

I shiver when I think that Vista will be relased soon, SOooo many bugs to encounter, and trigger... -_-

--

And to the original poster, you should read up on the different technologies used to Create a TFT panel, "TN" is slow old and just plain bad, TN+ is popular for gamescreens, but it's kinda bad with colours, and then there's MVA/PVA that's slower, but great colours, and more expensive.
Fairly good in-between IMO, if you have to have a flat screen.

And there's the ultra expensive SA-SFT, wich has amazing colours but you'll find that on screens around and over 1200USD.
(you'd really be better of with a great CRT if you're that into colours)

And then there's quality levels, Class A is what you'll want if you really can't stand Dead or broken pixels, with class B it's 5 or so pixels in variying numbers depending on error. You don't even want to consider Class C.