Is the AM2 X2 5000 a paper launch?

Is the AM2 X2 5000 a paper launch?

Searching at Pricegrabber which links to all the major e tailers provides this result:
http://www.pricegrabber.com/search_attrib.php?form_keyword=AMD+Athlon+64+X2+5000%2B+Dual+Core+Processor&topcat_id=&page_id=42&vendors%5B%5D=AM2&lo_p=0&hi_p=0

Meanwhile, the elusive E6300 and E6400 that reviewers are calling scarce:

E6300--lots of "in stocks"
http://www.pricegrabber.com/p__Intel_Core_2_Duo_E6300_Dual_Core_Processor,__22879554
E6400--lots of "in stocks"
http://www.pricegrabber.com/p__Intel_Core_2_Duo_E6400_Dual_Core_Processor,__22879558
E6600--not so many in stocks, but they are there
http://www.pricegrabber.com/p__Intel_Core_2_Duo_E6600_Dual_Core_Processor,__22879556
Even the 6800 is in stock, though pricy
http://www.pricegrabber.com/p__Intel_Core_2_Duo_Extreme_Dual_Core_Processor,__22236493


Why am I posting this? There are still a few people who claim Conroe is a paper launch


Peace
142 answers Last reply
More about 5000 paper launch
  1. The 5000+, for intents and purposes, is just about a paper lanch. Hardly anyone's got it.
  2. Haven't you been told:

    It's Because Dell Bought All Of Them!!!
    [/sarcasm]

    Seriously though, you can find the 5000+ by going directly to the etailer sites. Don't know why PriceGrabber isn't finding them.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819103757&ATT=19-103-757&CMP=OTC-Froogle
    http://www.chiefvalue.com/product/productdetails.aspx?submit=&item=19-103-757&ATTProcessors

    I think availability will be low due to a strange accident involving an irrational particle accelerator, a liquid lunch and a pair of rubber bands. :wink:
  3. Yes. Now everyone get over it.
  4. yea I tried to buy that crap, sold out.
  5. Quote:
    Is the AM2 X2 5000 a paper launch?

    Searching at Pricegrabber which links to all the major e tailers provides this result:
    http://www.pricegrabber.com/search_attrib.php?form_keyword=AMD+Athlon+64+X2+5000%2B+Dual+Core+Processor&topcat_id=&page_id=42&vendors%5B%5D=AM2&lo_p=0&hi_p=0

    Meanwhile, the elusive E6300 and E6400 that reviewers are calling scarce:

    E6300--lots of "in stocks"
    http://www.pricegrabber.com/p__Intel_Core_2_Duo_E6300_Dual_Core_Processor,__22879554
    E6400--lots of "in stocks"
    http://www.pricegrabber.com/p__Intel_Core_2_Duo_E6400_Dual_Core_Processor,__22879558
    E6600--not so many in stocks, but they are there
    http://www.pricegrabber.com/p__Intel_Core_2_Duo_E6600_Dual_Core_Processor,__22879556
    Even the 6800 is in stock, though pricy
    http://www.pricegrabber.com/p__Intel_Core_2_Duo_Extreme_Dual_Core_Processor,__22236493


    Why am I posting this? There are still a few people who claim Conroe is a paper launch


    Peace


    LOL. I saw this one coming. And yes, without a doubt, the X2 5000+ is a paper launch. IMO. :-)
  6. Quote:
    Haven't you been told:

    It's Because Dell Bought All Of Them!!!
    [/sarcasm]

    Seriously though, you can find the 5000+ by going directly to the etailer sites. Don't know why PriceGrabber isn't finding them.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819103757&ATT=19-103-757&CMP=OTC-Froogle
    http://www.chiefvalue.com/product/productdetails.aspx?submit=&item=19-103-757&ATTProcessors

    I think availability will be low due to a strange accident involving an irrational particle accelerator, a liquid lunch and a pair of rubber bands. :wink:


    I can't believe the price... I've got my 4800+ TOLEDO overclocked to 2.7Ghz and it has 2x the cache. Paid $300 for it on zipzoomfly.
  7. Quote:
    I can't believe the price... I've got my 4800+ TOLEDO overclocked to 2.7Ghz and it has 2x the cache. Paid $300 for it on zipzoomfly.


    Makes you wonder what the 5200+ is going to retail at. :?
  8. Quote:
    I can't believe the price... I've got my 4800+ TOLEDO overclocked to 2.7Ghz and it has 2x the cache. Paid $300 for it on zipzoomfly.


    Makes you wonder what the 5200+ is going to retail at. :?

    Makes you wonder if AMD is going to rethink their PR schema now that Core 2 waxes its ass. Yes I know that AMD's PR is based off the Thunderbird core Athlon :P Still a 5000+ rating is looking rediculous. At least Intels CPU models have a breakdown of specs when translated.
  9. Hi,

    Please go away.

    Thanks,

    -mpjesse
  10. Its funny, I remember reading way back about AMD price drops and the 5000+ was the biggest steal at a supposed $289. HA :roll:
  11. Quote:
    Haven't you been told:

    It's Because Dell Bought All Of Them!!!
    [/sarcasm]

    Seriously though, you can find the 5000+ by going directly to the etailer sites. Don't know why PriceGrabber isn't finding them.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819103757&ATT=19-103-757&CMP=OTC-Froogle
    http://www.chiefvalue.com/product/productdetails.aspx?submit=&item=19-103-757&ATTProcessors

    I think availability will be low due to a strange accident involving an irrational particle accelerator, a liquid lunch and a pair of rubber bands. :wink:



    SWEET FRIGGIN MOTHER OF MURGATROID $600?????????????
    Thats $240 more than I paid for my friggin E6600!!!! WTFO

    Funny, how come I dont see Baron bashing this mark up the way he pee'd over e-tailers jacking the E6600s up to $450?
  12. Quote:


    Chiefvalue is the sister company of Newegg so it's no surprise they have it as well.

    I'm sure the price will come down once more X2 5000+ are released to retailers. At the moment Newegg has a monopoly which helps explains the high price.
  13. You know.. I think AMD or Intel should wrap tissue paper around the CPU's that are paper launch. That should help clear up this..

    :oops: . o O (NM)
  14. Quote:
    You know.. I think AMD or Intel should wrap tissue paper around the CPU's that are paper launch. That should help clear up this..

    :oops: . o O (NM)


    I dontknow about the Intels, but for $600, AMD better be wrapping them in 24ct gold foil :wink:

    Peace
  15. Quote:
    You know.. I think AMD or Intel should wrap tissue paper around the CPU's that are paper launch. That should help clear up this..

    :oops: . o O (NM)


    I dontknow about the Intels, but for $600, AMD better be wrapping them in 24ct gold foil :wink:

    Peace

    Hmmm.. like the golden ticket from Willy Wonka?

    Grampa.. Grampa!!! I got the ticket!! Oh.. nm its just gold foil. :cry:
  16. Quote:
    SWEET FRIGGIN MOTHER OF MURGATROID $600?????????????
    Thats $240 more than I paid for my friggin E6600!!!! WTFO

    Funny, how come I dont see Baron bashing this mark up the way he pee'd over e-tailers jacking the E6600s up to $450?


    Think of the write-off you can have if you build a 4x4 system. 8O

    You won't have to play dead next year for tax purposes. :wink:
  17. some channel distys now saying no stock until 10-4 -- Geez.
  18. Quote:
    Haven't you been told:

    It's Because Dell Bought All Of Them!!!
    [/sarcasm]

    Seriously though, you can find the 5000+ by going directly to the etailer sites. Don't know why PriceGrabber isn't finding them.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819103757&ATT=19-103-757&CMP=OTC-Froogle
    http://www.chiefvalue.com/product/productdetails.aspx?submit=&item=19-103-757&ATTProcessors

    I think availability will be low due to a strange accident involving an irrational particle accelerator, a liquid lunch and a pair of rubber bands. :wink:



    SWEET FRIGGIN MOTHER OF MURGATROID $600?????????????
    Thats $240 more than I paid for my friggin E6600!!!! WTFO

    Funny, how come I dont see Baron bashing this mark up the way he pee'd over e-tailers jacking the E6600s up to $450?


    Maybe it's because I said that a long time ago in a post about 5000+ being the highest demand chip of the year. Also I remember saying that Core 2 prices would be jacked up too.
    ANd don't forget that I pointed lots of folks to ABS.com and monarchcomputer.com who had immediately shipping systems and barebones with 5000+.

    Oh and STFU.
  19. Quote:
    Haven't you been told:

    It's Because Dell Bought All Of Them!!!
    [/sarcasm]

    Seriously though, you can find the 5000+ by going directly to the etailer sites. Don't know why PriceGrabber isn't finding them.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819103757&ATT=19-103-757&CMP=OTC-Froogle
    http://www.chiefvalue.com/product/productdetails.aspx?submit=&item=19-103-757&ATTProcessors

    I think availability will be low due to a strange accident involving an irrational particle accelerator, a liquid lunch and a pair of rubber bands. :wink:



    SWEET FRIGGIN MOTHER OF MURGATROID $600?????????????
    Thats $240 more than I paid for my friggin E6600!!!! WTFO

    Funny, how come I dont see Baron bashing this mark up the way he pee'd over e-tailers jacking the E6600s up to $450?


    Maybe it's because I said that a long time ago in a post about 5000+ being the highest demand chip of the year. Also I remember saying that Core 2 prices would be jacked up too.
    ANd don't forget that I pointed lots of folks to ABS.com and monarchcomputer.com who had immediately shipping systems and barebones with 5000+.

    Oh and STFU.

    Oh there it is, How I've longed for the wit challenged STFU response from you. "STFU">>>>clear evidence that you lack the intellect to generate an original response, ergo further proof that when Baron Matrix speaks, this is what comes out:

    http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/3206/bmju7.th.jpg


    Your post is also futher evidence of your lack of intelligence: To wit, if you correctly "predicted" high demand for the X2 as you claim, how is it you failed to predict high demand for Core 2?

    Your post also evidence's your two faced nature: To wit, Its OK for one manufacturer (which you happen to like) to be short on supply, but if the other manufacturer is short of supply, they are (in your deluded mind) guilty of some sin.


    When are you going to actually start acting with a level of maturity that matches your age claims?
  20. Quote:
    Maybe it's because I said that a long time ago in a post about 5000+ being the highest demand chip of the year.


    Baron, the cheaper chips are in higher demand, not the highest end chips you moron.

    Quote:
    ANd don't forget that I pointed lots of folks to ABS.com and monarchcomputer.com who had immediately shipping systems and barebones with 5000+.


    Wow and how many do they sell compared to your beloved newegg?
  21. I have seen a whole lot of DEMAND on here for the 5000+..

    Heck ship me two! I gotta populate that 4X4 mobo I just bought.

    Oh wait the 4X4 is not available. :( :( :(

    That is ok because I can get the new 65nm chips that are sure to be faster!!

    Oh wait they are not available either. :( :( :(

    What is an AMD fanboy to do....

    All hail Baron,

    Do I get a Horde entry? Do I huh, do I?

    Wait let me misspell somethun and make a comment about someones mother when faced with facts..

    Quick someone throw me a fact!!!

    Your mamma so FAT when she goes to the movie theater she sits next to everyone!!

    Now do I, do I?

    Yep I want a $599.00 processor that can not even keep up with a lowly E6400 at $336.
  22. Quote:
    To wit, if you correctly "predicted" high demand for the X2 as you claim, how is it you failed to predict high demand for Core 2?


    I said:


    Quote:
    Also I remember saying that Core 2 prices would be jacked up too.


    Amazing how I very rarely hollar, YOU DIDN'T SAY THIS.
  23. Quote:
    Haven't you been told:

    It's Because Dell Bought All Of Them!!!
    [/sarcasm]

    Seriously though, you can find the 5000+ by going directly to the etailer sites. Don't know why PriceGrabber isn't finding them.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819103757&ATT=19-103-757&CMP=OTC-Froogle
    http://www.chiefvalue.com/product/productdetails.aspx?submit=&item=19-103-757&ATTProcessors

    I think availability will be low due to a strange accident involving an irrational particle accelerator, a liquid lunch and a pair of rubber bands. :wink:



    SWEET FRIGGIN MOTHER OF MURGATROID $600?????????????
    Thats $240 more than I paid for my friggin E6600!!!! WTFO

    Funny, how come I dont see Baron bashing this mark up the way he pee'd over e-tailers jacking the E6600s up to $450?


    Maybe it's because I said that a long time ago in a post about 5000+ being the highest demand chip of the year. Also I remember saying that Core 2 prices would be jacked up too.
    ANd don't forget that I pointed lots of folks to ABS.com and monarchcomputer.com who had immediately shipping systems and barebones with 5000+.

    Oh and STFU.

    i hadn't seen you post as muchr ecently, i was hoping you gave up, but you didn't... :cry:
  24. Quote:
    I have seen a whole lot of DEMAND on here for the 5000+..

    Heck ship me two! I gotta populate that 4X4 mobo I just bought.

    Oh wait the 4X4 is not available. :( :( :(

    That is ok because I can get the new 65nm chips that are sure to be faster!!

    Oh wait they are not available either. :( :( :(

    What is an AMD fanboy to do....

    All hail Baron,

    Do I get a Horde entry? Do I huh, do I?

    Wait let me misspell somethun and make a comment about someones mother when faced with facts..

    Quick someone throw me a fact!!!

    Your mamma so FAT when she goes to the movie theater she sits next to everyone!!

    Now do I, do I?

    Yep I want a $599.00 processor that can not even keep up with a lowly E6400 at $336.



    Ummm, dufus, I remember saying,

    ALL I WANT FOR XMAS IS MY 4X4.

    The E6400 is more than the price of the 4600+ ($266@Newegg) which is a formidable, yet cheap SUBSTITUTE. Especially if you want SLI. There is ONE (branded) board on Newegg at $240+ with SLI.

    Abit has a $129 nForce 570 SLI.

    STFU.
  25. Quote:
    SWEET FRIGGIN MOTHER OF MURGATROID $600?????????????
    Thats $240 more than I paid for my friggin E6600!!!! WTFO

    Funny, how come I dont see Baron bashing this mark up the way he pee'd over e-tailers jacking the E6600s up to $450?


    Think of the write-off you can have if you build a 4x4 system. 8O

    You won't have to play dead next year for tax purposes. :wink:


    The even funnier thing is that 965EE is


    $1048
  26. Quote:
    some channel distys now saying no stock until 10-4 -- Geez.


    Companies get to pre-order too.
  27. OOoohhhhhh Turpit did you see that I got one too....

    I feel so so so GOOD!

    So Baron you have been reduced to just shouting four little alphas at people...

    Thats it? Thats all you got?

    No witty reparte'? No real rebuttal?

    Just throw out some babble/price quotes of barren processors
    Quote:
    "blah blah blah AMD blah blah Newegg blah blah #$%^ blah blah blah"
    and acronyms for some cuss words and thats it?

    Bravo, Bravo, Bravo, My good chap!
  28. Quote:
    The even funnier thing is that 965EE is


    $1048


    Yeah, but it also doubles as a space heater. Let's see the 5000+ do that. :D
  29. Now Baron,

    Take note this reply was witty!!
    Quote:
    Yeah, but it also doubles as a space heater. Let's see the 5000+ do that. Very Happy


    Can you say witty?

    Say it with me now "witty".
  30. By the way Barren,

    It seems your intelligence (insert any definition of it here) has once again led you astray.

    You see, Turpit laid down a trap and did not even cover it with leaves... It was a large blinking neon light that said trap THIS WAY -> and you still bit.

    My reference:

    Quote:
    SWEET FRIGGIN MOTHER OF MURGATROID $600?????????????
    Thats $240 more than I paid for my friggin E6600!!!! WTFO

    Funny, how come I dont see Baron bashing this mark up the way he pee'd over e-tailers jacking the E6600s up to $450?


    Hook

    Line

    Sinker

    Reel him in and put him on the stringer.... 8O 8O 8O
  31. What, no reply to my post? How unusual.
  32. All right Baron, I will follow the advice given in a movie: "explain it to him as you would a child" even though it is frustraing to try to explain something to you, which I know you are incabale of fathoming.


    My original comment
    Quote:
    Funny, how come I dont see Baron bashing this mark up the way he pee'd over e-tailers jacking the E6600s up to $450?

    You didnt actually respond to this, you simply performed your standard tangential evasion:

    Quote:
    Maybe it's because I said that a long time ago in a post about 5000+ being the highest demand chip of the year. Also I remember saying that Core 2 prices would be jacked up too.
    ANd don't forget that I pointed lots of folks to ABS.com and monarchcomputer.com who had immediately shipping systems and barebones with 5000+.


    Which in no way addresses the actual question of why you didnt piss all over AMD as you did Intel. We already know the answer to my question. Its called "hipocracy"

    I, in response to your response, wrote:
    Quote:
    Your post is also futher evidence of your lack of intelligence: To wit, if you correctly "predicted" high demand for the X2 as you claim, how is it you failed to predict high demand for Core 2?


    Note: I said nothing about prices in this statement, only demand, yet you responded:
    Quote:
    Also I remember saying that Core 2 prices would be jacked up too.


    Which has exactly what to do with either the original or follow on posts?

    Are you begining to understand yet?
    No? I didnt think so, but Im not going to bother explaining it to you. Instead, why dont you go back an re-read the thread and try to figure out where you went astray from the path.
  33. Quote:
    By the way Barren,

    It seems your intelligence (insert any definition of it here) has once again led you astray.

    You see, Turpit laid down a trap and did not even cover it with leaves... It was a large blinking neon light that said trap THIS WAY -> and you still bit.

    My reference:

    SWEET FRIGGIN MOTHER OF MURGATROID $600?????????????
    Thats $240 more than I paid for my friggin E6600!!!! WTFO

    Funny, how come I dont see Baron bashing this mark up the way he pee'd over e-tailers jacking the E6600s up to $450?


    Hook

    Line

    Sinker

    Reel him in and put him on the stringer.... 8O 8O 8O


    http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/7083/shhhhhnh6.th.jpg


    Shhhh, :wink:
    he hasnt figured it out yet :lol:

    Peace
  34. Quote:
    All right Baron, I will follow the advice given in a movie: "explain it to him as you would a child" even though it is frustraing to try to explain something to you, which I know you are incabale of fathoming.


    My original comment
    Funny, how come I dont see Baron bashing this mark up the way he pee'd over e-tailers jacking the E6600s up to $450?

    You didnt actually respond to this, you simply performed your standard tangential evasion:

    Quote:
    Maybe it's because I said that a long time ago in a post about 5000+ being the highest demand chip of the year. Also I remember saying that Core 2 prices would be jacked up too.
    ANd don't forget that I pointed lots of folks to ABS.com and monarchcomputer.com who had immediately shipping systems and barebones with 5000+.


    Which in no way addresses the actual question of why you didnt piss all over AMD as you did Intel. We already know the answer to my question. Its called "hipocracy"

    I, in response to your response, wrote:
    Quote:
    Your post is also futher evidence of your lack of intelligence: To wit, if you correctly "predicted" high demand for the X2 as you claim, how is it you failed to predict high demand for Core 2?


    Note: I said nothing about prices in this statement, only demand, yet you responded:
    Quote:
    Also I remember saying that Core 2 prices would be jacked up too.


    Which has exactly what to do with either the original or follow on posts?

    Are you begining to understand yet?
    No? I didnt think so, but Im not going to bother explaining it to you. Instead, why dont you go back an re-read the thread and try to figure out where you went astray from the path.


    I don't need a new chip and I never pissed on Intel about prices that I knew would be high in retail until Sep/Oct. I heard Dell buys Intel chips TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  35. This thread is funny :) (or it could be the pain meds lol who knew back pain could be fun !!!)

    I dont think the 5000+ is a paper launch in a sense. I would blame it on low yeilds of the highest end chip. I have a feeling the Athlon 64 has just about toped out at this node maybe 65nm will gain a few hundred more Mhz ? (I honestly do not know) Well AMD seems to have some pretty smart people working for them im sure they will get all the kinks ironed out but for now its Intel's day :)
  36. Quote:

    It seems your intelligence (insert any definition of it here) has once again led you astray.


    No, no --- he simply lacks the metacognitive competence to realize his own limitations, there have been studies done on this.... I found one and posted a while back.

    Turpit, from what I understand, is familiar with the researcher via academic training.

    Here is the article, just read the abstract --- it explains a lot:

    Quote:
    People tend to hold overly favorable views of their abilities in many social and intellectual domains. The authors suggest that this overestimation occurs, in part, because people who are unskilled in these domains suffer a dual burden: Not only do these people reach erroneous conclusions and make unfortunate choices, but their incompetence robs them of the metacognitive ability to realize it. Across 4 studies, the authors found that participants scoring in the bottom quartile on tests of humor, grammar, and logic grossly overestimated their test performance and ability. Although their test scores put them in the 12th percentile, they estimated themselves to be in the 62nd. Several analyses linked this miscalibration to deficits in metacognitive skill, or the capacity to distinguish accuracy from error. Paradoxically, improving the skills of participants, and thus increasing their metacognitive competence, helped them recognize the limitations of their abilities.

    http://www.apa.org/journals/features/psp7761121.pdf

    (** I can't help it, it's just too funny --- explains Baron to a 'T' or should I say BM **)

    No wonder I stopped replying to you.
  37. 5000+ chips would be in high demand for those lookin to upgrade their am2 systems, a lot of ppl stil hav older 775 and 939 and if they are lookin to buy a new comp, core 2 is a better choice, and considering sli and xfire are garbadge that arguement is fud

    and u resort to making fun of the intel chip thats at 1k? well how about the fact that they hav a new arch and dont need to care about those anymore, unlike amd wich dosnt and needs to hav a price drop to survive

    and while core 2 duo prices decline, amd prices rise if u havnt read the thg article, 4x4 saving amd? not a chance, most gamers wont bother with that and will buy core 2s for a new system, me thinks they should hav just went straight for a new arch release
  38. Quote:
    I don't need a new chip and I never pissed on Intel about prices that I knew would be high in retail until Sep/Oct. I heard Dell buys Intel chips TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


    As I said:

    Quote:
    Are you begining to understand yet?
    No? I didnt think so, but Im not going to bother explaining it to you. Instead, why dont you go back an re-read the thread and try to figure out where you went astray from the path.


    Try again
  39. jumping jack u lucky bastar*
  40. Quote:
    jumping jack u lucky bastar*

    True.


    Hey Jack,
    How do I get BM to stop replying to me?

    Peace
  41. i think u do it like this, BM , omg ur the noob hax4ors u gaymo
  42. Quote:
    jumping jack u lucky bastar*

    True.


    Hey Jack,
    How do I get BM to stop replying to me?

    Peace

    Simple, you have already take the first steps with me --- logically refute the illogical diatribe he posts, this is step 1.

    Step 2 is PM him explaining that it is rude, and unnecessary to make snide and personal comments on one's cat. You will receive a reply that will very clearly, and distinctly illuminate the quality of his character.

    Step 3 politely give kind advice on where his posts go astray, how he could improve his standing and gain some respect, you will then be met with "STFU, you're not the boss of me!!" reponses. At this point you begin to realize you are about to shake the BaronMatrix curse.

    Step 4 educate him on a topic he clearly does not understand. The replies will be commical to say the least, first he will reword your conclusions to the extreme absurdity and demonstarte complete lack of understanding on the point at hand.

    Step 5 find an article that does a psychological study on the truly uninformed and write a synopsis/commentary on how it applies. This will really p!ss him off to the point he stops replying to you.

    Once you reach step 5 it is about an 80% chance he will not respond and you are home free. At that point you can freely correct his uber incorrectness with fear of getting the dreaded STFU in big bold RED letters.

    Now, how long the affect lasts I do not know, but I am hoping it is somewhat permenant.

    Jack

    You made me laugh !!!
  43. Quote:
    Well AMD seems to have some pretty smart people working for them im sure they will get all the kinks ironed out but for now its Intel's day :)
    I have to disagree on this. I would say calling 9-Inch, Baron Matrix, Sharikoo,MrsBytch and MMM smart is stretching it a little. :wink:
  44. Quote:
    Well AMD seems to have some pretty smart people working for them im sure they will get all the kinks ironed out but for now its Intel's day :)
    I have to disagree on this. I would say calling 9-Inch, Baron Matrix, Sharikoo,MrsBytch and MMM smart is stretching it a little. :wink:


    No, they actually work for Intel... their job is to make AMD enthusists look like idiots.
  45. Step 1: Have done it, but it seems kind of pointless as Baron lives in a word where normal logic does not apply

    Step 2 : Did that.

    Step 3: Did that

    Step 4: As I recall, Ive hit him on one or two ME things, but this is a comp forum and I lack deep enough understanding of CE to beat him about the ears with it. I have however, jabbed at the numerous logic flaws he makes in his posts. I have also sucked him into a few traps. Sadly, he is not clever enough to recoginize his flawed logic or the traps he flounces into.

    Step 5: Cant. 2 reasons
    1) You already did it, and in doing so you nailed the problem on the head, leaving no realistic atlernatives to play with. The delusion/denial/self esteem aspects while workable are just different ways of attacking the same flaw: metacognitive incompetance.
    2) Simply put, he is unable to understand, but you know this already


    Well bummer. It looks like it was a one time deal, and you won the grand prize.
    DAM :wink:

    Peace
  46. I was talking about who ever designed the A64 lol God help us all if they do work for AMD.... well I have heard that the marketing departments of companies actualy head hunt for that type of person... You know the type who could sell ice cubes to penguins lol
  47. I feel like we have talked about the 5000 in other threads. Can we try to focus on the topic (the x2 5000 availability) and not our egos? This is a hardware forum on a webpage, so let's keep things in perspective.

    I have seen the 5000 here and there. Some are out of stock, some are overpriced, but its there if you know where to look. Some folks touched on it already, but most likely the main reasons that it is so hard to find are:

    -It is the only reasonably priced CPU for AM2 that you cannot get on s939.
    -The FX62 is too expensive, and with the 5000 being only a little less powerful than the FX62, the 5000 is a great deal.
    -It is essentially a FX55 with two cores instead of one, which is basically the same as an FX60 and much cheaper.

    All of these alone already make it highly sought after, but if AMD is having trouble cranking out a high volume of these, that would basically solve the mystery.
  48. Quote:
    No wonder I stopped replying to you.


    Yeah you can never come up with an intelligent response.

    Again moron wheres the reply to my post? I suspect its because you're wrong (yet again) and too cut to admit defeat (yet again)
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs