Sign in with
Your question

KNOW HOW TO OVERCLOCKING SLOW GRAPHICS CARD(not that slow)

Last response: in Overclocking
August 21, 2006 5:12:52 AM

DOES ANYONE KNOW ANY WAY OR KNOW A PROGRAM TO OVERCLOCK A "NVIDIA GEFORCE FX 5500 PCI(not pci express)

AND THE MEMORY

AND THE CPU,

AND GATHER FASTER FRAME RATE.

THANKS
August 21, 2006 5:51:26 AM

Not many people are going to want to reply in a helpful manner to a post filled with captial letters as to suggest one is shouting.

Title: Overclocking FX 5500 PCI [?]

Body Copy: "I have a Nvidia Geforce FX 5500 PCI,

Do these overclock well, and if so what software should I be using (if there is any) and what should I keep in mind as I overclock?

Thank you."

[ Then maybe list your full system specs ]
August 21, 2006 6:08:12 AM

Quote:
DOES ANYONE KNOW ANY WAY OR KNOW A PROGRAM TO OVERCLOCK A "NVIDIA GEFORCE FX 5500 PCI(not pci express)

AND THE MEMORY

AND THE CPU,

THANKS

Oh hell, I think I just went blind...
...Okay my eyes work again. Caps lock people.

Now, the cool thing about nVidia cards is that they hide a nice little overclocking utility within their own drivers:

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/Video-Tweak/GeForce-Overclocking-CoolBits-Reg.shtml

Download and execute this file. It will modify your system registry and open up a "Clock Frequency" tab in your control panel.

I can't tell you if this file works - I changed the registry myself. But, I can testify that the utility worked with my 6600 AGP.
Related resources
August 26, 2006 1:31:51 PM

So and i didnt even needed glasses to read this. :lol: 

I agree on coolbits. You can also try rivatuner, its really usefull to measure your temps.
August 30, 2006 3:42:07 PM

Quote:

AND THE MEMORY

AND THE CPU,

THANKS

CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL.
August 30, 2006 4:13:52 PM

Reminds me of the contractor doing work on my cottage. Writes all his emails in caps. I guess computer etiquette doesn't make it up to Bobcaygeon.

Oh, well, it's sort of endearing. At least it makes him sound very enthusiastic about drywall :p 
!