KNOW HOW TO OVERCLOCKING SLOW GRAPHICS CARD(not that slow)

DOES ANYONE KNOW ANY WAY OR KNOW A PROGRAM TO OVERCLOCK A "NVIDIA GEFORCE FX 5500 PCI(not pci express)

AND THE MEMORY

AND THE CPU,

AND GATHER FASTER FRAME RATE.

THANKS
5 answers Last reply
More about know overclocking slow graphics card slow
  1. Not many people are going to want to reply in a helpful manner to a post filled with captial letters as to suggest one is shouting.

Title: Overclocking FX 5500 PCI [?]

Body Copy: "I have a Nvidia Geforce FX 5500 PCI,

Do these overclock well, and if so what software should I be using (if there is any) and what should I keep in mind as I overclock?

Thank you."

[ Then maybe list your full system specs ]
  2. Quote:
    DOES ANYONE KNOW ANY WAY OR KNOW A PROGRAM TO OVERCLOCK A "NVIDIA GEFORCE FX 5500 PCI(not pci express)

AND THE MEMORY

AND THE CPU,

THANKS

Oh hell, I think I just went blind...
    ...Okay my eyes work again. Caps lock people.

Now, the cool thing about nVidia cards is that they hide a nice little overclocking utility within their own drivers:

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/Video-Tweak/GeForce-Overclocking-CoolBits-Reg.shtml

Download and execute this file. It will modify your system registry and open up a "Clock Frequency" tab in your control panel.

I can't tell you if this file works - I changed the registry myself. But, I can testify that the utility worked with my 6600 AGP.
  3. So and i didnt even needed glasses to read this. :lol:

I agree on coolbits. You can also try rivatuner, its really usefull to measure your temps.
  4. Quote:

AND THE MEMORY

AND THE CPU,

THANKS

CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL.
  5. Reminds me of the contractor doing work on my cottage. Writes all his emails in caps. I guess computer etiquette doesn't make it up to Bobcaygeon.

Oh, well, it's sort of endearing. At least it makes him sound very enthusiastic about drywall :P
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Overclocking