X2 3800 and M2N-E?

detpower

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2006
Ok guys I have some questions..I have a 64 x2 3800 am2 with the Asus m2n-e board..Antec 500 watt smart power Ppsu and 1gig of the cas 4 ddr2 800 Corsair xms mem..now my problem is I cant seem to get this OCed over 2200..it is running at 2200 with the FSB at 880..VCore at 1.51v...I have messed with the mem but it doesnt seem to like bieng adusted to anything other than auto settings when OCed..If i mess with it in windows with AI Booster it freezes and i have to reboot..Im a noob at this so any help would be great..I would like to get to about 2600 if thats possable.Any ideas?

bigsby

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2006
Well I can't help you out right now with that, but I have the same motherboard and cpu sitting in a half empty case right now next to me. Still needs a PSU, ram and hard drive to get off the ground, which are going to be shipped as soon as stupid paypal gets off it's lazy ass and sends the money over to NCIX.

detpower

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2006
Ok my mem is 4-4-4-12 from the factory..so just set the timmings at that then?Im not sure if you know but the m2n-e is a nightmare when i comes to OCing because of the Vdimm only goes to 1.95 max:(..so i just want to see what will work for now until a bios update if there is one.If there isnt RMA time..

detpower

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2006
I did and i even posted this setup and people told me its a good setup ..I aked should i get a differant MOB and nobody said it was a problem..this was my first comp build and i basicly read how to build and setup a comp in one day so its hard to get all the info crammed in that time period..Since this MOB is CRAP can you recomend a MOB? perhaps DFI or somthing in the price of $94 that is a OCer..

detpower

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2006
LOL i know i just look there because it so easy to look through..thanks that board looks like the one i will get then..So i wont have any problems with this board and my currant setup right?

izzy

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2004
Ok guys I have some questions..I have a 64 x2 3800 am2 with the Asus m2n-e board..Antec 500 watt smart power Ppsu and 1gig of the cas 4 ddr2 800 Corsair xms mem..now my problem is I cant seem to get this OCed over 2200..it is running at 2200 with the FSB at 880..VCore at 1.51v...I have messed with the mem but it doesnt seem to like bieng adusted to anything other than auto settings when OCed..If i mess with it in windows with AI Booster it freezes and i have to reboot..Im a noob at this so any help would be great..I would like to get to about 2600 if thats possable.Any ideas?

well i think i may be able to solve your post.
basically my cpu (3800+) wudnt go past 2400mhz and i had to press reset button to make it work other than that it waz fine. then i tried putting the HT at 3 at even at 2700mhz, it worked perfectly and the computer started without pressing the reset button and perfectly. try setting ur HT setting at three and hopefully it shud work

3Ball

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2006
I dont know about AM2, but on my 939 my ASUS A8N-E was able to get my 3700+ Sandy to 2.86ghz stable on air and is able to get to 2.64ghz stable on my 3800+ X2 also on air. I like this setting I have it on better with heat and power settings! Im not even an ASUS fan I just needed a motherboard that didnt run as hot as my DFI that I had. So im not saying that your board is good for OC'ing but I dont think that we should be bashing the ability of ASUS as a whole when it comes to AMD. My first choice of motherboard for Intel will never be an ASUS it will always be an ABIT unless it i get a faulty one, which I doubt that I will ever do! Anyways...IMO i dont think you should go for the epox, I bought one for a friend and it didnt work, then when we RMA'd it that one didnt work either. I just dont put much faith in that company, but other people have had good experiances with it so dont listen to me...just voicing my opinion!

Best,

3Ball

detpower

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2006
I have already tried all the differant settings..I really dont like the M2N-E MOB it has way to many problems for me to deal with..I would rather get a board that will work right the first time..I have already RMAed the M2N-E so im looking for a new MOB...So epox is bad?I read a review on it vs the m2n32 sli and it faired pretty well considering it is alot cheaper..Anyways I need to know what to get im not going to go through another crap board...M2N-E is all show no go in my opinion..I want a board thats in the 150 range and under..

izzy

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2004
I have already tried all the differant settings..I really dont like the M2N-E MOB it has way to many problems for me to deal with..I would rather get a board that will work right the first time..I have already RMAed the M2N-E so im looking for a new MOB...So epox is bad?I read a review on it vs the m2n32 sli and it faired pretty well considering it is alot cheaper..Anyways I need to know what to get im not going to go through another crap board...M2N-E is all show no go in my opinion..I want a board thats in the 150 range and under..

what did you say when you RMA'ed it, that it wudnt OC past 225mhz o sumthing. pretty surprising if they did accept it with this excuse coz they cud've made hundreds, like ur ram cant handle it, ur cpu has maxed out, jus becoz its got OC features doesnt mean that it can OC that much etc.
anywayz i think its a matter of choice really, i particularly like the M2N-E quite a lot. if u had tried setting the HTT to 3 then im really sure that it wudve workwed becoz the CPU'S cant handle more than 1000mhz HTT and so lowering it to 3 multiply by 230 is 690mhz so it is less than 100mhz and wudve worked, i know sumone else with the same problem and it worked fine for him. hpe u like ur new board anyway, (whichever it may be)

vitaminc

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2006
Just because you can't or don't know how to OC doesnt mean that this motherboard can't be OC'ed.

You are probably at 2200/5 = 440 MHz memory speed.

Given the limited Vdimm, you should underclockyour memory. Going beyond 440MHz @ 1.95v is not very probable. So why not change your divider to 6? 366MHz @ 1.95v is easy. Set your divider lower to remove the memory OC capability out of the picture.

I am doing 250 x 10 @ 1.40V, 416MHz 5-5-5-18 2T @ 1.95V using the same M2N-E motherboard. 24hr prime95 stable. Haven't try to go higher yet but I don't think 300x10 is improbable unless its CPU limited.

izzy

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2004
well i can OC my m2n-e to 330mhz with no reboots or anything. posts fine every time and the settings DON"T get reset. its just a matter of knowing how to OC it.

dougie_boy

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2006
Anyway, you should've done your homework before buying that board and shoud've known ASUS don't produce the best boards for AMD like they do for Intel.

i forget how many times ive seen u post this. u would think the message got thru one day.

:)

izzy

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2004
oh shit, spoke too soon. The settings do get reset now. i flashed the bios to the m2n-sli deluxe and its ok but the OC issue hasnt been solved. also the memory voltage goes to 2.5v but havent tried it. do u think the capacitors and shit will be able to handle it and do u think im better of spending £10more and getting the DFi infinity, wats the max OC with that

army

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2006

i have the same setup as far as cpu/mobo -- but i'm running the cas5 corsair xms2 ddr2800's -- 2 GB (2x1GB)

i'm oc'd at 2.7GHz, stable, 48C

Vcore is at 1.425
DRAM is at max voltage and running at 333MHz
HT is at 3
multiplier is at 10

i am running a zalman cnps9500 -- are you using the stock hsf?