Access shared folder while using a Alias (CNAME)

I have a computer who's name is computer1 and the FQDN is computer1.abc.com
but we have another DNS server which is part of 123.com. So I enter in a
Alias (CNAME) and name it computer1 and have it point to computer1.abc.com.
Which works fine when I am ping it, but when I try to open it by using a
computer on 123.com it typing in \\computer1\ it opens fine but I don't see
any of the shared folders. It works just fine when I type in \\10.0.0.1\ ,
can anyone tell what I am doing wrong? TIA
2 answers Last reply
More about access shared folder alias cname

    When you will have access to shared folder while using a Alias. You
    must add an 2nd netbios name. Shared folders use netbios and you must
    add an 2nd netbios name. therefore you must add 2 Registery keys

    HKLM\System\CurrenControlSet\Services\LanmanServer\Parameters
    add String value "OptionalNames" the value must be your 2nd netbios
    name (Alias)

    HKLM\System\CurrenControlSet\Services\LanmanServer\Parameters
    add Dword value "DisableStrictNameChecking" the value must be
    REG_DWORD=1 .

    Greets,

    Barry

    Barry it work like a charm, thanks a billion!

    "The_Bar" <barry_van_daalen@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > When you will have access to shared folder while using a Alias. You
    > must add an 2nd netbios name. Shared folders use netbios and you must
    > add an 2nd netbios name. therefore you must add 2 Registery keys
    >
    > HKLM\System\CurrenControlSet\Services\LanmanServer\Parameters
    > add String value "OptionalNames" the value must be your 2nd netbios
    > name (Alias)
    >
    > HKLM\System\CurrenControlSet\Services\LanmanServer\Parameters
    > add Dword value "DisableStrictNameChecking" the value must be
    > REG_DWORD=1 .
    >
    > Greets,
    >
    > Barry

Computers Windows