second netbios name windows 2003

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
May 6, 2005 12:25:58 PM

best reader,

I like a second netbios name for my Windows 2003 Server! In windows
2000 Server you can get this registery key;

HKLM\System\CurrenControlSet\Services\LanmanServer\Parameters
and a the key OptionalName!

But this thing don't works with Windows 2003 Server!

Who can help me?

Thanks in advance,

Barry

More about : netbios windows 2003

Anonymous
May 6, 2005 2:27:31 PM

"The_Bar" <barry_van_daalen@hotmail.com> wrote in

> best reader,
>
> I like a second netbios name for my Windows 2003 Server! In windows
> 2000 Server you can get this registery key;
>
> HKLM\System\CurrenControlSet\Services\LanmanServer\Parameters
> and a the key OptionalName!
>
> But this thing don't works with Windows 2003 Server!
>
> Who can help me?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Barry

Barry,

Two things; 1st, the registry entry is 'OptionalNames', with an 's', and
2nd, you also need to add another new entry, DisableStrictNameChecking,
REG_DWORD=1 for DNS aliasing to work. The OptionalNames value is for
NetBIOS.

HTH,

Wayne Tilton
Anonymous
May 7, 2005 7:07:55 AM

Best Wayne,

Thanks for your answer, i't will be work!

greets,

barry
!