  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
a b 8 Security
October 23, 2004 3:40:36 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?)

The Automatic Update pulled down each of these security updates and goes
through the installation process. Somehow the system still thinks they are
not installed and keeps trying to do it again and again. When I look at the
"Add and Remove Programs", both updates are listed as destroyed.

It is keeping me from doing the SP2 update.

Please help!

More about : kb840987 kb835732 security updates

October 23, 2004 3:40:37 AM

GR wrote:

> The Automatic Update pulled down each of these security updates and goes
> through the installation process. Somehow the system still thinks they are
> not installed and keeps trying to do it again and again. When I look at the
> "Add and Remove Programs", both updates are listed as destroyed.
>
> It is keeping me from doing the SP2 update.
>
> Please help!

You cross posted to all but the group you really should have, namely:

See this link and if that doesn't help post to the right group
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/needagain.htm
!