3rd party inks

Hello, all.

First off, I want to thank everyone who helped with my decision on
which Canon/Epson printer to purchase for my photo/cd label needs. The
winner was the Canon IP4000. I also bought a cd tray on EBay and
installed it without any problems. Talk about beautiful labels. I just
slap on a gloss label and, VIOLA!!, a professional looking cd.

After seeing a cd I created, a friend has asked me to do 50 cds with
inserts for his own cd. Is there a good third party ink or third party
ink company you can recommend? Or is there a low price dealer for
Canon ink for this printer out there?

THanks

Will_in_SF wrote:
> Hello, all.
>
> First off, I want to thank everyone who helped with my decision on
> which Canon/Epson printer to purchase for my photo/cd label needs. The
> winner was the Canon IP4000. I also bought a cd tray on EBay and
> installed it without any problems. Talk about beautiful labels. I just
> slap on a gloss label and, VIOLA!!, a professional looking cd.
>
> After seeing a cd I created, a friend has asked me to do 50 cds with
> inserts for his own cd. Is there a good third party ink or third party
> ink company you can recommend? Or is there a low price dealer for
> Canon ink for this printer out there?

Before you do that, consider the fact that doing 50 cds with inserts is
a lot of High Quality printing stress on your new printhead, not to
mention a lot of wasted paper, ink and time. You should know that Canon
printheads are of questionable durability and may or may not last your
50 CD project. You REALLY have to like your friend to be doing this. No
matter how much I liked anyone I would politely decline and inform them
to please invest in their own "printing company". If you still insist on
going ahead, make sure you rest your printer (printhead) between each
print job.

-Taliesyn

That's a load of baloney. I've got 2 PIXMA printers running here, daily,
cranking out a couple thousand pieces per month. My 3000 is around a year
old and has printed easily 7500 pieces with no problems whatsoever.
My 4000 is several months old now and has done nothing but high res discs
and photos, hundreds of them, also without a single problem.

Just because one person has a problem with one printer doesn't mean they
will all have problems. Get a grip. A 50 CD project with inserts is a small
job for a 4000.

Dan G wrote:

> That's a load of baloney. I've got 2 PIXMA printers running here, daily,
> cranking out a couple thousand pieces per month. My 3000 is around a year
> old and has printed easily 7500 pieces with no problems whatsoever.
> My 4000 is several months old now and has done nothing but high res discs
> and photos, hundreds of them, also without a single problem.
>
> Just because one person has a problem with one printer doesn't mean they
> will all have problems. Get a grip. A 50 CD project with inserts is a small
> job for a 4000.

Then by all means, let 'er rip!!!! Who am I to caution anyone. ;-)

-Taliesyn

> "Taliesyn" <taliesyn4@netscape.net> wrote in message
>
>>Before you do that, consider the fact that doing 50 cds with inserts is
>>a lot of High Quality printing stress on your new printhead, not to
>>mention a lot of wasted paper, ink and time. You should know that Canon
>>printheads are of questionable durability and may or may not last your
>>50 CD project. You REALLY have to like your friend to be doing this. No
>>matter how much I liked anyone I would politely decline and inform them
>>to please invest in their own "printing company". If you still insist on
>>going ahead, make sure you rest your printer (printhead) between each
>>print job.
>>
>>-Taliesyn

BURT

Will - For some unkown reason, this aftermarket ink question has become a
hot button issue between the people who report successful use of some
aftermarket inks and cartridges on this newsgroup and one individual in
particular (who hasn't used these products) who warns everyone that they
will clog their printers with them. At the risk of inviting his usual
response I will answer your question with my own experience. I refill my
cartridges with MIS ink for my Canon i960 printer, a six color model. I
have not had a problem in nearly a year of using this product and the color
match is excellent. Look for posts from Taliesyn and Ron Cohen who use
Formulabs inks and stevenlee who uses Hobbicolor empty carts and refills
with their inks. They all report equally successful use of these products.
Several other participants have indicated that they also use aftermarket
inks as well. For more information on this issue go to the following sites
where you can sift through and find lots of useful information - mostly
about Canon printers, papers, inks, and printer maintenance. Neil Slade
touts canon printers and refilling. Nifty-stuff forum (where I participate
as "fotofreek" and sometimes fill in as a moderator) has some very good
information and also a great deal of experimentation that does result in
some valuable information. Nifty-stuff forum is a very friendly place for
novice and skilled users alike and you can sign in and ask any questions you
would like.
http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/

http://www.neilslade.com/papers/inkjetstuff.html

BTW, I am also in SF

"Will_in_SF" <willinsf@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello, all.
>
> First off, I want to thank everyone who helped with my decision on
> which Canon/Epson printer to purchase for my photo/cd label needs. The
> winner was the Canon IP4000. I also bought a cd tray on EBay and
> installed it without any problems. Talk about beautiful labels. I just
> slap on a gloss label and, VIOLA!!, a professional looking cd.
>
> After seeing a cd I created, a friend has asked me to do 50 cds with
> inserts for his own cd. Is there a good third party ink or third party
> ink company you can recommend? Or is there a low price dealer for
> Canon ink for this printer out there?
>
> THanks

I have a bunch of Genuine Canon inks for this printer if interested email
me.

Will_in_SF wrote:

>Hello, all.
>
>First off, I want to thank everyone who helped with my decision on
>which Canon/Epson printer to purchase for my photo/cd label needs. The
>winner was the Canon IP4000. I also bought a cd tray on EBay and
>installed it without any problems. Talk about beautiful labels. I just
>slap on a gloss label and, VIOLA!!, a professional looking cd.
>
>After seeing a cd I created, a friend has asked me to do 50 cds with
>inserts for his own cd. Is there a good third party ink or third party
>ink company you can recommend?

Beware of printhead clogs. If you must buy aftermarket inks the least
pain in the ass is a prefilled cart but I doubt very much if you will
find a vendor that will disclose the mfg/formulator of what they sell.
They expect you to purchase whatever they choose to put in them.

>Or is there a low price dealer for
>Canon ink for this printer out there?

The best place to buy Canon ink is Costco.

Burt wrote:

>Will - For some unkown reason, this aftermarket ink question has become a
>hot button issue between the people who report successful use of some
>aftermarket inks and cartridges on this newsgroup and one individual in
>particular (who hasn't used these products) who warns everyone that they
>will clog their printers with them.

I DO NOT MAKE ANY MONEY BY RECOMMENDING UNKNOWN INKS THAT HAVE THE
POTENTIAL TO CLOG YOUR PRINTER.

> At the risk of inviting his usual
>response I will answer your question with my own experience. I refill my
>cartridges with snip ink for my Canon i960 printer, a six color model. I
>have snip had a problem in nearly a year of using this product and the color
>match is excellent. Look for posts from snip and snip who use
>Formulabs inks and stevenlee who uses snip empty carts and refills
>with their inks. They all report equally successful use of these products.
>Several other

church goers of the Church of the Aftermarket Latter Day Inkies

>participants have indicated that they also use aftermarket
>inks as well. For more information on this issue go to the following sites
>where you can sift through and find lots of useful information - mostly
>about Canon printers, papers, inks, and printer maintenance. Neil Slade
>touts canon printers and refilling. Nifty-stuff forum (where I participate
>as "fotofreek" and sometimes fill in as a moderator) has some very good
>information and also a great deal of experimentation that does result in
>some valuable information. Nifty-stuff forum is a very friendly place for
>novice and skilled users alike and you can sign in and ask any questions you
>would like.

THESE SITE ARE INTERESTING BUT THEY ARE SLANTED BECAUSE THEY ARE FILLED
WITH POSTS FROM THESE SAME CHURCH GOERS. BURT EVEN POSTS THEIR UNDER AN
ASSUMED NAME. HE CALLS HIMSELF PHOTOFREEK. I THINK THAT THE FIRST PART
OF HIS NAME SHOULD BE PRINTER AND NOT PHOTO.

DID YOU HEAR THE LATEST VERSION OF THE SONG"

I LEFT MY (OLD) FART IN SAN FRANCISCO. :-D :-D :-D

>http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/
>
>http://www.neilslade.com/papers/inkjetstuff.html
>

>BTW, I am also in SF
>
>"Will_in_SF" <willinsf@gmail.com> wrote in message
>

>>Hello, all.
>>
>>First off, I want to thank everyone who helped with my decision on
>>which Canon/Epson printer to purchase for my photo/cd label needs. The
>>winner was the Canon IP4000. I also bought a cd tray on EBay and
>>installed it without any problems. Talk about beautiful labels. I just
>>slap on a gloss label and, VIOLA!!, a professional looking cd.
>>
>>After seeing a cd I created, a friend has asked me to do 50 cds with
>>inserts for his own cd. Is there a good third party ink or third party
>>ink company you can recommend? Or is there a low price dealer for
>>Canon ink for this printer out there?
>>
>>THanks

frank

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

measekite wrote:

> Burt wrote:
>
>> Will - For some unkown reason, this aftermarket ink question has
>> become a hot button issue between the people who report successful use
>> of some aftermarket inks and cartridges on this newsgroup and one
>> individual in particular (who hasn't used these products) who warns
>> everyone that they will clog their printers with them.
>>

> I DO NOT MAKE ANY MONEY BY RECOMMENDING UNKNOWN INKS THAT HAVE THE
> POTENTIAL TO CLOG YOUR PRINTER.
>
>> At the risk of inviting his usual response I will answer your
>> question with my own experience. I refill my cartridges with snip ink
>> for my Canon i960 printer, a six color model. I have snip had a
>> problem in nearly a year of using this product and the color match is
>> excellent. Look for posts from snip and snip who use Formulabs inks
>> and stevenlee who uses snip empty carts and refills with their inks.
>> They all report equally successful use of these products. Several other
>
> church goers of the Church of the Aftermarket Latter Day Inkies
>
>> participants have indicated that they also use aftermarket inks as
>> well. For more information on this issue go to the following sites
>> where you can sift through and find lots of useful information -
>> mostly about Canon printers, papers, inks, and printer maintenance.
>> Neil Slade touts canon printers and refilling. Nifty-stuff forum
>> (where I participate as "fotofreek" and sometimes fill in as a
>> moderator) has some very good information and also a great deal of
>> experimentation that does result in some valuable information.
>> Nifty-stuff forum is a very friendly place for novice and skilled
>> users alike and you can sign in and ask any questions you would like.
>>

> THESE SITE ARE INTERESTING BUT THEY ARE SLANTED BECAUSE THEY ARE FILLED
> WITH POSTS FROM THESE SAME CHURCH GOERS. BURT EVEN POSTS THEIR UNDER AN
> ASSUMED NAME. HE CALLS HIMSELF PHOTOFREEK. I THINK THAT THE FIRST PART
> OF HIS NAME SHOULD BE PRINTER AND NOT PHOTO.
>
> DID YOU HEAR THE LATEST VERSION OF THE SONG"
>

> I LEFT MY (OLD) FART IN SAN FRANCISCO. :-D :-D :-D
>
>> http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/
>>
>> http://www.neilslade.com/papers/inkjetstuff.html
>>

>> BTW, I am also in SF
>>
>> "Will_in_SF" <willinsf@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>

>>> Hello, all.
>>>
>>> First off, I want to thank everyone who helped with my decision on
>>> which Canon/Epson printer to purchase for my photo/cd label needs. The
>>> winner was the Canon IP4000. I also bought a cd tray on EBay and
>>> installed it without any problems. Talk about beautiful labels. I just
>>> slap on a gloss label and, VIOLA!!, a professional looking cd.
>>>
>>> After seeing a cd I created, a friend has asked me to do 50 cds with
>>> inserts for his own cd. Is there a good third party ink or third party
>>> ink company you can recommend? Or is there a low price dealer for
>>> Canon ink for this printer out there?
>>>
>>> THanks

Hello...HEllo...HELLO...!
If you have a point to make, (we all know you don't) please stop YELLING
as we can all hear. You've already been warned by your ISP about your
abusive language in your postings and that you are in eminent danger of
losing your ISP OVER THIS VERY THING! Let's get one thing straight right
now...we all know and we all report your abusive posting to your ISP.
It's only a matter before you will be unable to even connect to the
Internet unless you calm down, follow the rules and abide by them.
Otherwise, good luck in your new adventure!
Frank

Taliesyn wrote:

> Will_in_SF wrote:
>
>> Hello, all.
>>
>> First off, I want to thank everyone who helped with my decision on
>> which Canon/Epson printer to purchase for my photo/cd label needs. The
>> winner was the Canon IP4000. I also bought a cd tray on EBay and
>> installed it without any problems. Talk about beautiful labels. I just
>> slap on a gloss label and, VIOLA!!, a professional looking cd.
>>
>> After seeing a cd I created, a friend has asked me to do 50 cds with
>> inserts for his own cd. Is there a good third party ink or third party
>> ink company you can recommend? Or is there a low price dealer for
>> Canon ink for this printer out there?
>>

> Before you do that, consider the fact that doing 50 cds with inserts is
> a lot of High Quality printing stress on your new printhead, not to
> mention a lot of wasted paper, ink and time. You should know that Canon
> printheads are of questionable durability and may or may not last your
> 50 CD project. You REALLY have to like your friend to be doing this. No
> matter how much I liked anyone I would politely decline and inform them
> to please invest in their own "printing company". If you still insist on
> going ahead, make sure you rest your printer (printhead) between each
> print job.
>
> -Taliesyn

OEM INK USERS DO NOT POST PROBLEMS LIKE THIS.

AMEN

YOU TELL HIM. HE IS JUST A TINKERING KID. DOES NOT KNOW WHAT A
UNIVERSAL SAMPLE IS. PROBABLY NEVER HAD A COURSE IN STAT.

Taliesyn wrote:

> Dan G wrote:
>
>> That's a load of baloney. I've got 2 PIXMA printers running here, daily,
>> cranking out a couple thousand pieces per month. My 3000 is around a
>> year
>> old and has printed easily 7500 pieces with no problems whatsoever.
>> My 4000 is several months old now and has done nothing but high res
>> discs
>> and photos, hundreds of them, also without a single problem.
>>
>> Just because one person has a problem with one printer doesn't mean they
>> will all have problems. Get a grip. A 50 CD project with inserts is a
>> small
>> job for a 4000.
>>

> Then by all means, let 'er rip!!!! Who am I to caution anyone. ;-)
>
> -Taliesyn

WHO CARES

>> "Taliesyn" <taliesyn4@netscape.net> wrote in message
>>
>>> Before you do that, consider the fact that doing 50 cds with inserts is
>>> a lot of High Quality printing stress on your new printhead, not to
>>> mention a lot of wasted paper, ink and time. You should know that Canon
>>> printheads are of questionable durability and may or may not last your
>>> 50 CD project. You REALLY have to like your friend to be doing this. No
>>> matter how much I liked anyone I would politely decline and inform them
>>> to please invest in their own "printing company". If you still
>>> insist on
>>> going ahead, make sure you rest your printer (printhead) between each
>>> print job.
>>>
>>> -Taliesyn

BURT

"measekite" <inkystinky@oem.com> wrote in message

> Burt wrote:
>
>>Will - For some unkown reason, this aftermarket ink question has become a
>>hot button issue between the people who report successful use of some
>>aftermarket inks and cartridges on this newsgroup and one individual in
>>particular (who hasn't used these products) who warns everyone that they
>>will clog their printers with them.
>>

> I DO NOT MAKE ANY MONEY BY RECOMMENDING UNKNOWN INKS THAT HAVE THE
> POTENTIAL TO CLOG YOUR PRINTER.

If you mean to imply that I make money by telling people of my own
experience with a product I use to print family pictures with on my home
printer and computer you are absolutely misleading them. Both of the ink
products I mentioned are from vendors who have proven their reliability
with several participants on this NG.

>> At the risk of inviting his usual response I will answer your question
>> with my own experience. I refill my cartridges with snip ink for my
>> Canon i960 printer, a six color model. I have snip had a problem in
>> nearly a year of using this product and the color match is excellent.
>> Look for posts from snip and snip who use Formulabs inks and stevenlee
>> who uses snip empty carts and refills with their inks. They all report
>> equally successful use of these products. Several other
> church goers of the Church of the Aftermarket Latter Day Inkies

You have "snipped" out portions of my message to obscure the original intent
which is to let people know what products have been used successfully by me
and other participants on this NG. You know very well that the snip
function is suggested as a matter of NG etiquette to shorten unnecessary
portions of a posting and not to obscure the poster's intent. Your
reference to the "church goers" is a snide remark. All of these items you
have interjected in or used to distort or alter my message are a
continuation of your harrassment of me on this NG. Please leave my postings
intact and answer whatever you wish either before or after. Since you feel
compelled to warn people about clogs, none of which I have experienced with
MIS inks, do so, but leave my posts and their original intent intact. What
you are doing is akin to my snipping out "ip4000" and "OEM" from your many
postings. If you want to give people advice about your printer (a
commercial product) without being subjected to changes of your message, you
should give others the same courtesy.

>>participants have indicated that they also use aftermarket inks as well.
>>For more information on this issue go to the following sites where you can
>>sift through and find lots of useful information - mostly about Canon
>>printers, papers, inks, and printer maintenance. Neil Slade touts canon
>>printers and refilling. Nifty-stuff forum (where I participate as
>>"fotofreek" and sometimes fill in as a moderator) has some very good
>>information and also a great deal of experimentation that does result in
>>some valuable information. Nifty-stuff forum is a very friendly place for
>>novice and skilled users alike and you can sign in and ask any questions
>>you would like.
>>

> THESE SITE ARE INTERESTING BUT THEY ARE SLANTED BECAUSE THEY ARE FILLED
> WITH POSTS FROM THESE SAME CHURCH GOERS. BURT EVEN POSTS THEIR UNDER AN
> ASSUMED NAME. HE CALLS HIMSELF PHOTOFREEK. I THINK THAT THE FIRST PART
> OF HIS NAME SHOULD BE PRINTER AND NOT PHOTO.
>
> DID YOU HEAR THE LATEST VERSION OF THE SONG"
>

> I LEFT MY (OLD) FART IN SAN FRANCISCO. :-D :-D :-D

More harrassment. Will you never learn?

Burt wrote:

>"measekite" <inkystinky@oem.com> wrote in message
>

>>Burt wrote:
>>

>>>Will - For some unkown reason, this aftermarket ink question has become a
>>>hot button issue snip
>>>

>>I DO NOT MAKE ANY MONEY BY RECOMMENDING UNKNOWN INKS THAT HAVE THE
>>POTENTIAL TO CLOG YOUR PRINTER.
>>

>If you mean to imply that I make money by telling people of my own
>experience with a product I use to print family pictures with on my home
>printer and computer you are absolutely misleading them. Both of the ink
>products I mentioned are from vendors who have proven their reliability
>with several participants on this NG.
>

>>> At the risk of inviting his usual response I will answer your question
>>>with my own experience. I refill my cartridges with snip ink for my
>>>Canon i960 printer, a six color model. I have snip had a problem in
>>>nearly a year of using this product and the color match is excellent.
>>>Look for posts from snip and snip who use Formulabs inks and stevenlee
>>>who uses snip empty carts and refills with their inks. They all report
>>>equally successful use of these products. Several other
>>>

>>church goers of the Church of the Aftermarket Latter Day Inkies
>>

>You have "snipped" out portions of my message to obscure the original intent
>which is to let people know what products have been used successfully by me
>and other participants on this NG. snip Please leave my postings
>intact and answer whatever you wish either before or after. snip

Had to shorten to expediate download on my dialup modem. You are just
too long winded

> Burt wrote:
>
>>"measekite" <inkystinky@oem.com> wrote in message

>>>I DO NOT MAKE ANY MONEY BY RECOMMENDING UNKNOWN INKS THAT HAVE THE
>>>POTENTIAL TO CLOG YOUR PRINTER.
>>>

>>If you mean to imply that I make money by telling people of my own
>>experience with a product I use to print family pictures with on my home
>>printer and computer you are absolutely misleading them. Both of the ink
>>products I mentioned are from vendors who have proven their reliability
>>with several participants on this NG.

>>>church goers of the Church of the Aftermarket Latter Day Inkies
>>>

>>You have "snipped" out portions of my message to obscure the original
>>intent which is to let people know what products have been used
>>successfully by me and other participants on this NG. snip Please leave
>>my postings intact and answer whatever you wish either before or after.
>>snip
>>

> Had to shorten to expediate download on my dialup modem. You are just too
> long winded

and your last statement is a lie designed to provoke me. The entire message
downloads before you have access to respond. BTW, it is appropriate when
using the snip to enclose it in parentheses to show that it is not part of
the original post.

Burt wrote:

> snip

>>>If you mean to imply that I make money by telling people of my own
>>>experience with a product

snip

>>>You have "snipped" out portions of my message to obscure the original
>>>intent which is to let people know what products have been used
>>>successfully by me and other participants on this NG. snip Please leave
>>>my postings intact and answer whatever you wish either before or after.
>>>snip
>>>

>>Had to shorten to expediate download on my dialup modem. You are just too
>>long winded
>>

>and your last statement is a lie designed to provoke me.

what is the matter with you. are u paranoid or provoked. Why don;t you
leave me alone and stop harassing me :'(

>The entire message
>downloads before you have access to respond. BTW, it is appropriate when
>using the snip to enclose it in parentheses to show that it is not part of
>the original post.

I want to save keystrokes for people I respect.

snip

>>>snip

BURT

"measekite" <inkystinky@oem.com> wrote in message
(snip)>>
>>and your last statement is a lie designed to provoke me.
> what is the matter with you. are u paranoid or provoked. Why don;t you
> leave me alone and stop harassing me :'(

You stated very clearly in a previous message that your intent was to annoy
me. Paranoia is an imagined attack or provocation. Your statement and your
actions are clear to all. Just leave me alone and leave my posts intact.

>>The entire message downloads before you have access to respond. BTW, it
>>is appropriate when using the snip to enclose it in parentheses to show
>>that it is not part of the original post.
>>
> I want to save keystrokes for people I respect.

I don't give a rat's ass about your respect. Just leave my posts intact and
answer them as you wish. If you really want to save keystrokes you can just
turn your computer off for a year or two.

(snip)

Burt wrote:

>"measekite" <inkystinky@oem.com> wrote in message
>(snip)>>
>

>>>and your last statement is a lie designed to provoke me.
>>>

>>what is the matter with you. are u paranoid or provoked. Why don;t you
>>leave me alone and stop harassing me :'(
>>

>You stated very clearly in a previous message that your intent was to annoy
>me. Paranoia is an imagined attack or provocation. Your statement and your
>actions are clear to all. Just leave me alone and leave my posts intact.

:'(

"Dan G" <Dan@xxxx.com> wrote in message
> That's a load of baloney. I've got 2 PIXMA printers running here, daily,
> cranking out a couple thousand pieces per month. My 3000 is around a year
> old and has printed easily 7500 pieces with no problems whatsoever.
> My 4000 is several months old now and has done nothing but high res discs
> and photos, hundreds of them, also without a single problem.
>
> Just because one person has a problem with one printer doesn't mean they
> will all have problems. Get a grip. A 50 CD project with inserts is a
> small
> job for a 4000.

Well, even if it does cark it, as long as it's in warranty period it can be
fixed. (50 doesn't seem that much to me either though)

measekite wrote:

> Beware of printhead clogs. If you must buy aftermarket inks the least
> pain in the ass is a prefilled cart but I doubt very much if you will
> find a vendor that will disclose the mfg/formulator of what they sell.
> They expect you to purchase whatever they choose to put in them.

Actually prefilled 3rd party cartridges are the ones to avoid, especially those
that are too cheap to believe. It has been discussed all the time that they may
contain diluted ink so that they don't clog but print colors poorly. Or they
simply contain poor quality inks (to be cheap) that may clog your printhead as
you said.

On the other hand bulk refill inks are what I favor. There are only a few companies
offering bulk inks. They won't stay long if they don't offer good quality inks. If
they have been around that tells something about their products.

Do you still have Genuine Canon inks for the Canon IP 4000? Thanks,
William