Question about Forwarders

I have 2 Seperate Domains or Forests for that matter connected via a
Site-To-Site VPN. We obviously need to be able to access systems on the
other side of the VPN by name so we have configured DNS with forwarders
that state any request for othersite.com get forwarded to their DNS
server. All is good with one exception. Their website is not accessible
via this DNS server (www.othersite.com). Instead it leads to a local IP
address that we don't have access to because the Site-To-Site VPN
doesn't allow us to connect to IPs in that subnet.
I know it would be possible (but ugly) to use local host entries and I
could automate it but I hate doing anything that is static as things
change and so could the Public IP of their webserver.
Also I could create a forward lookup zone on our end with and add a
host entry for every system we need to access but that also is ugly.
Any ideas on how I can configure this so that requests for
www.othersite.com are resolved by our Internet DNS, and any other
othersite.com names are forwarded to their DNS server???

In news:1116025688.976514.239900@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com,
viller10@hotmail.com <viller10@hotmail.com> posted this:
> I have 2 Seperate Domains or Forests for that matter connected via a
> Site-To-Site VPN. We obviously need to be able to access systems on
> the other side of the VPN by name so we have configured DNS with
> forwarders that state any request for othersite.com get forwarded to
> their DNS server. All is good with one exception. Their website is
> not accessible via this DNS server (www.othersite.com). Instead it
> leads to a local IP address that we don't have access to because the
> Site-To-Site VPN doesn't allow us to connect to IPs in that subnet.
> I know it would be possible (but ugly) to use local host entries and I
> could automate it but I hate doing anything that is static as things
> change and so could the Public IP of their webserver.
> Also I could create a forward lookup zone on our end with and add a
> host entry for every system we need to access but that also is ugly.
> Any ideas on how I can configure this so that requests for
> www.othersite.com are resolved by our Internet DNS, and any other
> othersite.com names are forwarded to their DNS server???

Create a new forward lookup zone, name it www.othersite.com, in that zone
create one new host, leave the name field blank, give it the public IP of
the site. In your situation, only this will work, unless you want to use the
hosts file.
There would be know way to delegate this name without create a primary zone
and delegating every name.

--?
Best regards,
Kevin D4 Dad Goodknecht Sr. [MVP]