2000 server - DNS configuration help DFW TX Area

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
May 16, 2005 9:47:56 PM

Any DNS configuration experts available in the Dallas/Fort Worth area ?

2x NS hosting internal and external dns plus additional domains

Please contact
Chris

chris@futurityweb.com (Note: if Not replying through this group add
'whitelist' to the subject line)
Anonymous
May 17, 2005 3:19:27 AM

"Chris Thorpe" <chris@futurityweb.com> wrote in message
> Any DNS configuration experts available in the Dallas/Fort Worth area ?
>
> 2x NS hosting internal and external dns plus additional domains

I am in Austin.

What specifically do you need? You can email or even call
direct and I will try to help you. If you need me up there we
can talk about that too, but I am usually willing to help if you
ask.

--
Herb Martin, MCSE, MVP
Accelerated MCSE

> chris@futurityweb.com (Note: if Not replying through this group add
> 'whitelist' to the subject line)

Anonymous
May 17, 2005 5:38:59 PM

Kevin

Thanks for your email, I cannot reply, I receive the following message from
your server at wftx.us
Error: 550 Your IP address failed validation. You cannot deliver for the
domain you specified

Please email your contact phone number and I will call you

Thanks

Chris

"Chris Thorpe" <chris@futurityweb.com> wrote in message
> Any DNS configuration experts available in the Dallas/Fort Worth area ?
>
> 2x NS hosting internal and external dns plus additional domains
>
> Please contact
> Chris
>
> chris@futurityweb.com (Note: if Not replying through this group add
> 'whitelist' to the subject line)

Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
May 17, 2005 10:59:41 PM

In news:118kebssv88l6b1@corp.supernews.com,
Chris Thorpe <chris@futurityweb.com> posted this:
> Kevin
>
> Thanks for your email, I cannot reply, I receive the following
> message from your server at wftx.us
> Error: 550 Your IP address failed validation. You cannot deliver for
> the domain you specified

That means that the SMTP server trying to deliver mail has failed the
reverse lookup and is not a valid IP for an SMTP server for your domain.

You have other problems which you can see in this report:

http://www.dnsreport.com/tools/dnsreport.ch?domain=futu...

--?
Best regards,
Kevin D4 Dad Goodknecht Sr. [MVP]
Hope This Helps
===================================
===================================
http://www.lonestaramerica.com/
===================================
It will strip signature out and more
===================================
with OEBackup:
===================================
Anonymous
May 18, 2005 2:10:54 AM

> You have other problems which you can see in this report:
>
> http://www.dnsreport.com/tools/dnsreport.ch?domain=futu...

Kevin is correct -- it is reporting some of the same errors
I was trying to help you fix over the phone.

Especially the name server problems as seen from the "outside".

Hey, Kevin, may I send you a (trivial) test email message?

--
Herb Martin, MCSE, MVP
Accelerated MCSE

"Kevin D. Goodknecht Sr. [MVP]" <admin@nospam.WFTX.US> wrote in message
news:o SXG$xzWFHA.3864@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> In news:118kebssv88l6b1@corp.supernews.com,
> Chris Thorpe <chris@futurityweb.com> posted this:
> > Kevin
> >
> > Thanks for your email, I cannot reply, I receive the following
> > message from your server at wftx.us
> > Error: 550 Your IP address failed validation. You cannot deliver for
> > the domain you specified
>
> That means that the SMTP server trying to deliver mail has failed the
> reverse lookup and is not a valid IP for an SMTP server for your domain.
>
> You have other problems which you can see in this report:
>
> http://www.dnsreport.com/tools/dnsreport.ch?domain=futu...
>

> --?
> Best regards,
> Kevin D4 Dad Goodknecht Sr. [MVP]
> Hope This Helps
> ===================================
> ===================================
> http://www.lonestaramerica.com/
> ===================================
> It will strip signature out and more
> ===================================
> with OEBackup:
> ===================================

Anonymous
May 19, 2005 10:26:17 AM

In news:urUlBl1WFHA.3184@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl,
Herb Martin <news@LearnQuick.com> posted this:
>> You have other problems which you can see in this report:
>>
>> http://www.dnsreport.com/tools/dnsreport.ch?domain=futu...
>
> Kevin is correct -- it is reporting some of the same errors
> I was trying to help you fix over the phone.
>
> Especially the name server problems as seen from the "outside".
>
> Hey, Kevin, may I send you a (trivial) test email message?

Sure you can Herb, and BTW, Chris the last two days I sent you an email
returned "User does not exist, cannot relay"

This is a system generated message - Please do not reply

Permanent delivery failure

Your message has encountered permanent delivery problems to the following
recipients:

chris@futurityweb.com

Reason: Some recipients were not accepted

A transcript of the session follows

* Domain MX record lookup timed out

* Domain MX record lookup failed, trying A record

* Domain A record lookup succeeded

* Attempting connection to futurityweb.com[69.15.65.53] - succeeded <= 220
ns2.futurity.local Microsoft ESMTP MAIL Service, Version: 5.0.2195.6713
ready at Wed, 18 May 2005 16:26:21 -0500 => EHLO mail.lsaol.com <=
250-ns2.futurity.local Hello [65.65.91.209] <= 250-AUTH GSSAPI NTLM LOGIN <=
250-AUTH=LOGIN <= 250-TURN <= 250-ATRN <= 250-SIZE 2097152 <= 250-ETRN <=
250-PIPELINING <= 250-DSN <= 250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES <= 250-8bitmime <=
250-BINARYMIME <= 250-CHUNKING <= 250-VRFY <= 250 OK => MAIL
FROM:<admin@WFTX.US> SIZE=2328 <= 250 2.1.0 admin@WFTX.US....Sender OK =>
RCPT TO:<chris@futurityweb.com> <= 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for
chris@futurityweb.com

--?