2000 server - DNS configuration help DFW TX Area

Any DNS configuration experts available in the Dallas/Fort Worth area ?

2x NS hosting internal and external dns plus additional domains

Please contact
Chris

chris@futurityweb.com (Note: if Not replying through this group add
'whitelist' to the subject line)
5 answers Last reply
More about 2000 server configuration area

    "Chris Thorpe" <chris@futurityweb.com> wrote in message
    > Any DNS configuration experts available in the Dallas/Fort Worth area ?
    >
    > 2x NS hosting internal and external dns plus additional domains

    I am in Austin.

    What specifically do you need? You can email or even call
    direct and I will try to help you. If you need me up there we
    can talk about that too, but I am usually willing to help if you
    ask.

    --
    Herb Martin, MCSE, MVP
    Accelerated MCSE

    > chris@futurityweb.com (Note: if Not replying through this group add
    > 'whitelist' to the subject line)

    Kevin

    Thanks for your email, I cannot reply, I receive the following message from
    your server at wftx.us
    Error: 550 Your IP address failed validation. You cannot deliver for the
    domain you specified

    Please email your contact phone number and I will call you

    Thanks

    Chris

    In news:118kebssv88l6b1@corp.supernews.com,
    Chris Thorpe <chris@futurityweb.com> posted this:
    > Kevin
    >
    > Thanks for your email, I cannot reply, I receive the following
    > message from your server at wftx.us
    > Error: 550 Your IP address failed validation. You cannot deliver for
    > the domain you specified

    That means that the SMTP server trying to deliver mail has failed the
    reverse lookup and is not a valid IP for an SMTP server for your domain.

    You have other problems which you can see in this report:

    http://www.dnsreport.com/tools/dnsreport.ch?domain=futurityweb.com

    --?
    Best regards,
    Kevin D4 Dad Goodknecht Sr. [MVP]
    Hope This Helps
    ===================================
    ===================================
    http://www.lonestaramerica.com/
    ===================================
    It will strip signature out and more
    ===================================
    with OEBackup:
    ===================================

    > You have other problems which you can see in this report:
    >
    > http://www.dnsreport.com/tools/dnsreport.ch?domain=futurityweb.com

    Kevin is correct -- it is reporting some of the same errors
    I was trying to help you fix over the phone.

    Especially the name server problems as seen from the "outside".

    Hey, Kevin, may I send you a (trivial) test email message?

    --
    Herb Martin, MCSE, MVP
    Accelerated MCSE

    In news:urUlBl1WFHA.3184@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl,
    Herb Martin <news@LearnQuick.com> posted this:
    >> You have other problems which you can see in this report:
    >>
    >> http://www.dnsreport.com/tools/dnsreport.ch?domain=futurityweb.com
    >
    > Kevin is correct -- it is reporting some of the same errors
    > I was trying to help you fix over the phone.
    >
    > Especially the name server problems as seen from the "outside".
    >
    > Hey, Kevin, may I send you a (trivial) test email message?

    Sure you can Herb, and BTW, Chris the last two days I sent you an email
    returned "User does not exist, cannot relay"

    This is a system generated message - Please do not reply

    Permanent delivery failure

    Your message has encountered permanent delivery problems to the following
    recipients:

    chris@futurityweb.com

    Reason: Some recipients were not accepted

    A transcript of the session follows

    * Domain MX record lookup timed out

    * Domain MX record lookup failed, trying A record

    * Domain A record lookup succeeded

    * Attempting connection to futurityweb.com[69.15.65.53] - succeeded <= 220
    ns2.futurity.local Microsoft ESMTP MAIL Service, Version: 5.0.2195.6713
    ready at Wed, 18 May 2005 16:26:21 -0500 => EHLO mail.lsaol.com <=
    250-ns2.futurity.local Hello [65.65.91.209] <= 250-AUTH GSSAPI NTLM LOGIN <=
    250-AUTH=LOGIN <= 250-TURN <= 250-ATRN <= 250-SIZE 2097152 <= 250-ETRN <=
    250-PIPELINING <= 250-DSN <= 250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES <= 250-8bitmime <=
    250-BINARYMIME <= 250-CHUNKING <= 250-VRFY <= 250 OK => MAIL
    FROM:<admin@WFTX.US> SIZE=2328 <= 250 2.1.0 admin@WFTX.US....Sender OK =>
    RCPT TO:<chris@futurityweb.com> <= 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for
    chris@futurityweb.com

    --?