Noobs: CPU Performance Charts are Updated!

mpjesse

Splendid
http://www.tomshardware.com/2006/08/21/cpu_charts_summer_2006/

Noobs: before you go asking questions like, "is a E6600 better than a Athlon X2 5000+ for gaming?" USE THE CPU CHARTS. They have been updated to include the latest CPU's from AMD & Intel. You can compare each model of processor from AMD and Intel head to head in games, applications, encoding, etc.

USE THEM!

Thx,

-mpjesse

1Tanker

Splendid
Apr 28, 2006
Hopefully this will eliminate n00b questions.
I think that will eliminate 90% of the threads....Then what? :wink:
No more n00bs trolling the forums...I hate when they post a question, and the same DAMN question is asked 2 or 3 threads down. They don't think to look. :evil:

mpjesse

Splendid
Hopefully this will eliminate n00b questions.
I think that will eliminate 90% of the threads....Then what? :wink:
No more n00bs trolling the forums...I hate when they post a question, and the same DAMN question is asked 2 or 3 threads down. They don't think to look. :evil:

Yes... that is perhaps the most annoying thing noobs do. I was in memory forums yesterday and there were TWO identical threads stacked on top of each other asking the same question about dual channel mode. The one on top was brand new and the one below had about 4-5 replies with correct answers. Pissed me off...

exit2dos

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2006
Does anyone know where I can find some kind of CPU Performance Chart? You know, like a chart that would show and compare the AMD & Intel CPU's in stuff like games, applications, encoding, etc. :?:

What's a n00b?

:twisted: :p

Sammy_TicTac

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2006
the UK site appears to have the article but the performance chart has not been updated.. .

Its bloody annoying actually to be redirected to the UK site as its worse than tomshardware.com as well.

So the only way I can see the new charts is getting to it through www.vpntunnel.net or something.

And the charts aren't just for noobs :roll:

mpjesse

Splendid
I didn't say they were for noobs. I use them all the time. What I'm saying (and you'd KNOW this if you had more than 2 posts) is all the noobs come in the CPU section and ask stupid questions like "uhhhhh... is the E6700 faster than the X2 4600?" If they bothered to USE the tools available to them, they wouldn't flood the forums with stupid repetitive and questions that have been answered 800 times. And then the threads inevitably turn into an AMD vs Intel flame session anyways.

But I do agree, it's lame that u can't access the US version of the charts. Or that the UK charts aren't updated. Sorry 'bout that. ;-)

spud

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2001

Noobs: before you go asking questions like, "is a E6600 better than a Athlon X2 5000+ for gaming?" USE THE CPU CHARTS. They have been updated to include the latest CPU's from AMD & Intel. You can compare each model of processor from AMD and Intel head to head in games, applications, encoding, etc.

USE THEM!

Thx,

-mpjesse

I'm a noob now woot!!!

Sammy_TicTac

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2006
I didn't say they were for noobs. I use them all the time. What I'm saying (and you'd KNOW this if you had more than 2 posts) is all the noobs come in the CPU section and ask stupid questions like "uhhhhh... is the E6700 faster than the X2 4600?" If they bothered to USE the tools available to them, they wouldn't flood the forums with stupid repetitive and questions that have been answered 800 times. And then the threads inevitably turn into an AMD vs Intel flame session anyways.

But I do agree, it's lame that u can't access the US version of the charts. Or that the UK charts aren't updated. Sorry 'bout that. ;-)

Point understood, its just the title implies only noobs would be interested.

And I'm not really experienced to comment anyway :?

m25

Distinguished
May 23, 2006

USE THEM!

Thx,

-mpjesse

:lol: Thank you! :lol:

They're going to be pretty long now (they were already a lot)

a-wolfgang

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
OK why does a core 2 EX6800, have a MultiMedia Floating Point score of 5874it/s , this is the same as a Duron 600MHz.

it should be closer to 80000-90000 it/s, all the scores are messed up.

its not just that page, whats going on with Arithmetic MFLOPS, it looks like a blind man and his dog put it together. The values are all over the place and you can hardly see the bars, making it difficult to read off the values.

[

Grimmy

Splendid
Feb 20, 2006

USE THEM!

Thx,

-mpjesse

Kewlio... though, I still think people will ask. :lol:

mpjesse

Splendid
oh i see. the thread is for the noobs, not necessarily the CPU charts.

I'm just trying to get the noobs to use these tools. Tired of seeing the same posts every day. ;-)

a-wolfgang

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
What you mean like all two of them, thats not as bad as getting the entire numbering system wrong.

But fare point though, not that any one really care about the Semperons, they are just there for a reference i surpose.

turpit

Splendid
Feb 12, 2006
Does anyone know where I can find some kind of CPU Performance Chart? You know, like a chart that would show and compare the AMD & Intel CPU's in stuff like games, applications, encoding, etc. :?:

What's a n00b?

:twisted: :p

Try looking in the Vital Information Necessary CENTralized (VINCENT) data book. Writen by Oolon Colluphid as an addendum to his highly popular, "Who is this God Person Anyway?"

Peace :wink:

Weeble

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2004
Cool a noob chart, now I can rate myself against other noob's!

Mm..now I look around I am starting to wonder if I was a paper launch...

Useful stuff in reality..hopefully we in the UK can see it linked directly shortly (clearly we UK noobs need a special shiny version of the chart, with lots of pictures of cups of tea, beefeaters, the Queen and jolly people saying 'OI GUVNOR THIS 'ERE'S A LUVVERLY CPU!' hence the update delay).