Truth

OEM inks cause fewer problems than aftermarket ink.

OEM inks are sold in all marketing channels.

With OEM inks you know who the mfg/formulator is.

With AfterMarket Inks
Most vendors will not tell you who the mfg/formulator is.

Most vendors fail to fully disclose all of the information concerning
what you are buying.

Many outright lie or make claims that are distorted.

Most of the aftermarket inks are used by hobbyists and tinkerers.

They are like a cult.

Some cost almost as much as OEM
66 answers Last reply
More about truth

    measekite wrote:
    > OEM inks cause fewer problems than aftermarket ink.
    >
    > OEM inks are sold in all marketing channels.
    >
    > With OEM inks you know who the mfg/formulator is.
    >
    > With AfterMarket Inks
    > Most vendors will not tell you who the mfg/formulator is.
    >
    > Most vendors fail to fully disclose all of the information concerning
    > what you are buying.
    >
    > Many outright lie or make claims that are distorted.
    >
    > Most of the aftermarket inks are used by hobbyists and tinkerers.
    >
    > They are like a cult.
    >
    > Some cost almost as much as OEM

    None of the above is factually correct. Measekite doesn't understand the
    printer/ink market at all.
    He pretends to know but actually knows nothing about ink formulation,
    manufacturing, distribution or marketing
    Don't believe a word he says!
    Frank

    In article <nNmBe.2117$mN1.1592@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com>,
    inkystinky@oem.com (measekite) wrote:

    > OEM inks cause fewer problems than aftermarket ink.

    However, some people have no problems with third-party inks while others
    experience lots of problems with the inks sold by their printer's
    manufacturer.

    > OEM inks are sold in all marketing channels.

    Though inks for less popular printers can be hard to come by in some
    places.

    > With OEM inks you know who the mfg/formulator is.

    No you don't.

    > With AfterMarket Inks
    > Most vendors will not tell you who the mfg/formulator is.

    Most printer manufacturers won't tell you who makes their inks.

    > Most vendors fail to fully disclose all of the information concerning
    > what you are buying.

    Just like the printer manufacturers. Exact ink formulation is a trade
    secret.

    > Many outright lie or make claims that are distorted.

    Just like the printer manufacturers.

    > Most of the aftermarket inks are used by hobbyists and tinkerers.

    And by high-volume professional users, who invest in continuous inking
    systems.

    > They are like a cult.

    Cults attempt to brainwash people into believing what they say by constant
    repetition. They rely on people becoming so bored with hearing the same
    thing over and over again that they tune-out the voice, allowing the
    message to by-pass rational though and impinge on the subconscious
    directly. Just as you seem to be doing.

    > Some cost almost as much as OEM

    Some cost almost as much to develop and all manufacturers attempt to
    maximise profit, to the limit of the market's forbearance.

    Jon.

    "measekite" <inkystinky@oem.com> wrote in message
    > OEM inks cause fewer problems than aftermarket ink.
    >
    > OEM inks are sold in all marketing channels.
    >
    > With OEM inks you know who the mfg/formulator is.
    >
    > With AfterMarket Inks
    > Most vendors will not tell you who the mfg/formulator is.
    >
    > Most vendors fail to fully disclose all of the information concerning what
    > you are buying.
    >
    > Many outright lie or make claims that are distorted.
    >
    > Most of the aftermarket inks are used by hobbyists and tinkerers.
    >
    > They are like a cult.
    >
    > Some cost almost as much as OEM

    A few of these statements are correct, but most of them are not. It
    reflects the fact, admitted by Measekite, that he has never purchased any
    aftermarket inks or done business with any of the vendors who sell them. It
    is, for the most part, a set of statements that simply reflect his bias in
    an area where he has no experience. I don't understand why he so adamantly
    attacks these products when many of us know from our own experience that
    some of them are excellent and available at considerably lower cost. In my
    most recent posting to answer a participant's question about inks he
    followed my message by snipping out the names of the products some of us had
    found to be safe to printers and a good color match. He appears to be intent
    on preventing others from receiving the information they have asked for and
    also intent on preventing people from making these purchases. By preventing
    people from knowing what products experienced users have had success with he
    makes it more probably that they will buy a product that is less safe for
    their printers and/or a poorer color match. In other words, if he can't
    prevent them from using these material, he purposely or inadvertantly tries
    to keep them in the dark so they will buy inks or carts elsewhere that will
    be problematic. This forum is supposed to be a helpful place for those who
    write in with questions or problems with printer related issues.

    Jon O'Brien wrote:

    >In article <nNmBe.2117$mN1.1592@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com>,
    >inkystinky@oem.com (measekite) wrote:
    >

    >>OEM inks cause fewer problems than aftermarket ink.
    >>

    >However, some people have no problems with third-party inks while others
    >experience lots of problems with the inks sold by their printer's
    >manufacturer.

    Very Very Few

    >>OEM inks are sold in all marketing channels.
    >>

    >Though inks for less popular printers can be hard to come by in some
    >places.

    Buy a popular printer. There are only 3 that are worthwhile
    considering. Epson, HP, and Canon

    >>With OEM inks you know who the mfg/formulator is.
    >>

    >No you don't.

    Yes you do

    >>With AfterMarket Inks
    >>Most vendors will not tell you who the mfg/formulator is.
    >>

    >Most printer manufacturers won't tell you who makes their inks.

    They don't have to

    >>Most vendors fail to fully disclose all of the information concerning
    >>what you are buying.
    >>

    >Just like the printer manufacturers. Exact ink formulation is a trade
    >secret.

    You are being ridiculous

    >>Many outright lie or make claims that are distorted.
    >>

    >Just like the printer manufacturers.

    Then sue them for false advertising

    >>Most of the aftermarket inks are used by hobbyists and tinkerers.
    >>

    >And by high-volume professional users, who invest in continuous inking
    >systems.
    >

    >>They are like a cult.
    >>

    >Cults attempt to brainwash people into believing what they say by constant
    >repetition.

    Da Church of Da AfterMarket Latter Day Inkies

    >They rely on people becoming so bored with hearing the same
    >thing over and over again that they tune-out the voice, allowing the
    >message to by-pass rational though and impinge on the subconscious
    >directly. Just as you seem to be doing.
    >

    >>Some cost almost as much as OEM
    >>

    >Some cost almost as much to develop

    Not really true

    Frank wrote:

    > measekite wrote:
    >
    >> OEM inks cause fewer problems than aftermarket ink.
    >>
    >> OEM inks are sold in all marketing channels.
    >>
    >> With OEM inks you know who the mfg/formulator is.
    >>
    >> With AfterMarket Inks
    >> Most vendors will not tell you who the mfg/formulator is.
    >>
    >> Most vendors fail to fully disclose all of the information concerning
    >> what you are buying.
    >>
    >> Many outright lie or make claims that are distorted.
    >>
    >> Most of the aftermarket inks are used by hobbyists and tinkerers.
    >>
    >> They are like a cult.
    >>
    >> Some cost almost as much as OEM
    >

    > None of the above is factually correct. Measekite doesn't understand
    > the printer/ink market at all.
    > He pretends to know but actually knows nothing about ink formulation,
    > manufacturing, distribution or marketing
    > Don't believe a word he says!
    > Frank

    None of the above is factually correct. Frank doesn't understand the

    Burt wrote:

    >"measekite" <inkystinky@oem.com> wrote in message
    >

    >>OEM inks cause fewer problems than aftermarket ink.
    >>
    >>OEM inks are sold in all marketing channels.
    >>
    >>With OEM inks you know who the mfg/formulator is.
    >>
    >>With AfterMarket Inks
    >>Most vendors will not tell you who the mfg/formulator is.
    >>
    >>Most vendors fail to fully disclose all of the information concerning what
    >>you are buying.
    >>
    >>Many outright lie or make claims that are distorted.
    >>
    >>Most of the aftermarket inks are used by hobbyists and tinkerers.
    >>
    >>They are like a cult.
    >>
    >>Some cost almost as much as OEM
    >>

    >A few of these statements are correct,

    snip

    > Burt wrote:
    >
    >>"measekite" <inkystinky@oem.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>OEM inks cause fewer problems than aftermarket ink.
    >>>
    >>>OEM inks are sold in all marketing channels.
    >>>
    >>>With OEM inks you know who the mfg/formulator is.
    >>>
    >>>With AfterMarket Inks
    >>>Most vendors will not tell you who the mfg/formulator is.
    >>>
    >>>Most vendors fail to fully disclose all of the information concerning
    >>>what you are buying.
    >>>
    >>>Many outright lie or make claims that are distorted.
    >>>
    >>>Most of the aftermarket inks are used by hobbyists and tinkerers.
    >>>
    >>>They are like a cult.
    >>>
    >>>Some cost almost as much as OEM
    >>>

    >>A few of these statements are correct,
    > snip
    >
    >> It reflects the fact, admitted by Measekite, that he has never purchased
    >> any aftermarket inks or done business with any of the vendors who sell
    >> them. It is, for the most part, a set of statements that simply reflect
    >> his bias in an area where he has no experience. I don't understand why
    >> he so adamantly attacks these products when many of us know from our own
    >> experience that some of them are excellent and available at considerably
    >> lower cost.
    >>
    > snip
    >
    >> This forum is supposed to be a helpful place for those who write in with
    >> questions or problems with printer related issues.

    Again measekite uses the "snip" to eliminate the parts of my message he
    disagrees with - essentially changing the message. This is continued
    harrassment. Again I will ask him to simply leave my message intact and
    respond with any comments or criticism he wishes to make. That is the
    honest approach to participation in a NG and permits any participant who
    reads the thread to understand each poster's point of view. If Measekite
    wants us to respect his point of view he needs to show respect for others.

    Here is my original message that measekite edited:

    Burt wrote:

    >"measekite" <inkystinky@oem.com> wrote in message
    >

    >>Burt wrote:
    >>

    >>>"measekite" <inkystinky@oem.com> wrote in message

    >>>A few of these statements are correct,
    >>>

    >>snip
    >>

    >>>It reflects the fact, admitted by Measekite, that he has never purchased
    >>>any aftermarket inks or done business with any of the vendors who sell
    >>>them. It is, for the most part, a set of statements that simply reflect
    >>>his bias in an area where he has no experience. I don't understand why
    >>>he so adamantly attacks these products when many of us know from our own
    >>>experience that some of them are excellent and available at considerably
    >>>lower cost.
    >>>

    >>snip
    >>

    >>> This forum is supposed to be a helpful place for those who write in with
    >>>questions or problems with printer related issues.
    >>>

    >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    >
    >Again measekite uses the "snip" to eliminate the parts of my message he
    >disagrees with - essentially changing the message. This is continued
    >harrassment.

    No it is not. I learned about snip from you and your friends. If you
    do not like it that is too bad. You seem to think that you own this
    place. Guess What. People have different opinions and are tired of all
    of your Bullshit. Just cause you are a retired old fart with too much
    time on your hands that is not my problem. I like short posts.

    >Again

    snip

    > Burt wrote:
    >
    >>"measekite" <inkystinky@oem.com> wrote in message

    >>>snip

    >>>snip

    >>-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    >>
    >>Again measekite uses the "snip" to eliminate the parts of my message he
    >>disagrees with - essentially changing the message. This is continued
    >>harrassment.
    >
    > No it is not. I learned about snip from you and your friends. If you do
    > not like it that is too bad. You seem to think that you own this place.
    > Guess What. People have different opinions and are tired of all of your
    > Bullshit. Just cause you are a retired old fart with too much time on
    > your hands that is not my problem. I like short posts.

    I will respect your opinions when you respect mine. I have always left your
    posts alone and responded to them. That way, others can see your point of
    view and mine together and understand what each of us has to say. When you
    alter mine, whether by changing them as you have in the past or by snipping
    out the parts you disagree with, you have still changed the level of
    dialogue and take away MY freedom of expression. That, Measekite, is a
    continuation of the harrassment I have faced from you for several months.
    The snip is not intended for changing other peoples messages and you damned
    well know it. It is intended to leave out previously posted parts of a
    thread that have no bearing on the latest message. Time is not the issue,
    my age is not the issue, long or short posts are not the issue - the issue
    is honesty and civility. I don't see anyone else but you complaining about
    my "Bullshit". In fact, I see many people complaining about yours. The
    only complaint I have received, both on the NG and in personal messages to
    my email address, is to stop responding to your constant attacks on me so
    that you might get tired of talking to yourself and go away. You have a
    right to be here just like I have. You just don't have the right, per your
    ISP agreement, to continually change my posts, either by changing the words
    or by snipping out parts, to change the message or its intent. That, my
    inconsiderate friend, is harrassment. Live and let live.

    measekite wrote:

    > Frank wrote:
    >
    >> measekite wrote:
    >>
    >>> OEM inks cause fewer problems than aftermarket ink.
    >>>
    >>> OEM inks are sold in all marketing channels.
    >>>
    >>> With OEM inks you know who the mfg/formulator is.
    >>>
    >>> With AfterMarket Inks
    >>> Most vendors will not tell you who the mfg/formulator is.
    >>>
    >>> Most vendors fail to fully disclose all of the information concerning
    >>> what you are buying.
    >>>
    >>> Many outright lie or make claims that are distorted.
    >>>
    >>> Most of the aftermarket inks are used by hobbyists and tinkerers.
    >>>
    >>> They are like a cult.
    >>>
    >>> Some cost almost as much as OEM
    >>

    >> None of the above is factually correct. Measekite doesn't understand
    >> the printer/ink market at all.
    >> He pretends to know but actually knows nothing about ink formulation,
    >> manufacturing, distribution or marketing
    >> Don't believe a word he says!
    >> Frank
    >

    > None of the above is factually correct. Frank doesn't understand the
    > printer/ink market at all.
    > He pretends to know but actually knows nothing about ink formulation,
    > manufacturing, distribution or marketing
    > Don't believe a word he says!

    Hey bozo! You've been warned by your current ISP about changing the
    content of others postings.
    We will all again file formal complaints of abuse to your ISP. Are you
    aware that eventually you'll no longer be about to log on to the
    Internet because you are blacklisted by every ISP?
    Are you aware of this fact?
    Frank

    Burt wrote:

    >"measekite" <inkystinky@oem.com> wrote in message
    >

    >>Burt wrote:
    >>

    >>>"measekite" <inkystinky@oem.com> wrote in message

    >>>-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    >>>
    >>>Again measekite uses the "snip" to eliminate the parts of my message he
    >>>disagrees with - essentially changing the message. This is continued
    >>>harrassment.
    >>>

    >>No it is not. I learned about snip from you and your friends. If you do
    >>not like it that is too bad. You seem to think that you own this place.
    >>Guess What. People have different opinions and are tired of all of your
    >>Bullshit. Just cause you are a retired old fart with too much time on
    >>your hands that is not my problem. I like short posts.
    >>

    >I will respect your opinions when you respect mine. I have always left your
    >posts alone and responded to them. That way, others can see your point of
    >view and mine together and understand what each of us has to say. When you
    >alter mine, whether by changing them as you have in the past or by snipping
    >out the parts you disagree with, you have still changed the level of
    >dialogue and take away MY freedom of expression. That, Measekite, is a
    >continuation of the harrassment I have faced from you for several months.
    >The snip is not intended for changing other peoples messages and you damned
    >well know it. It is intended to leave out previously posted parts of a
    >thread that have no bearing on the latest message. Time is not the issue,
    >my age is not the issue, long or short posts are not the issue - the issue
    >is honesty and civility. I don't see anyone else but you complaining about
    >my "Bullshit". In fact, I see many people complaining about yours. The
    >only complaint I have received, both on the NG and in personal messages to
    >my email address, is to stop responding to your
    >

    >snip

    I think you should follow that advice. I am tired of you.

    Frank wrote:

    > measekite wrote:
    >

    >> Frank wrote:

    >>> None of the above is factually correct. Measekite doesn't understand
    >>> the printer/ink market at all.
    >>> He pretends to know but actually knows nothing about ink
    >>> formulation, manufacturing, distribution or marketing
    >>> Don't believe a word he says!
    >>> Frank
    >>

    >> None of the above is factually correct. Frank doesn't understand the
    >> printer/ink market at all.
    >> He pretends to know but actually knows nothing about ink formulation,
    >> manufacturing, distribution or marketing
    >> Don't believe a word he says!
    >

    > Hey bozo! You've been googo by your current
    > googoaboutchangingthecontentofothers postings.
    > We will all againfil formalcomplaintsof abus toyou ISP. Are you aware
    > that eventually you'll no longer be abouttolog on to the Internet
    > because you are blacklisted by every ISP?
    > Are you aware of this fact?
    > Frank

    ARE U

    measekite wrote:

    > Frank wrote:
    >
    >> measekite wrote:

    >>> None of the above is factually correct. Frank doesn't understand the
    >>> printer/ink market at all.
    >>> He pretends to know but actually knows nothing about ink formulation,
    >>> manufacturing, distribution or marketingostg and
    >>> Don't believe a word he says!
    >>

    >> Hey bozo! You've been googo by your current
    >> googoaboutchangingthecontentofothers postings.
    >> We will all againfil formalcomplaintsof abus toyou ISP. Are you aware
    >> that eventually you'll no longer be abouttolog on to the Internet
    >> because you are blacklisted by every ISP?
    >> Are you aware of this fact?
    >> Frank
    >

    > ARE U

    Well you stupid moron you are the one how started changing everyones
    post and continues to do so. You've left a trail that is easy to follow
    (just like a slug does).
    So everytime you change anyones post, a formal complaint is filed with
    your ISP.
    We are watching you!
    Frank

    In article <HnxBe.2242$mN1.2005@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com>,
    inkystinky@oem.com (measekite) wrote:

    > However, some people have no problems with third-party inks while
    > others experience lots of problems with the inks sold by their
    > printer's manufacturer.

    > Very Very Few

    Do you even bother to read messages posted in this group? There are lots
    of people here saying they never have trouble with third-party inks and
    plenty that get problems with 'the genuine article'.

    > >Though inks for less popular printers can be hard to come by in some
    > >places.

    > Buy a popular printer. There are only 3 that are worthwhile
    > considering. Epson, HP, and Canon

    Great advice: don't buy the best printer for the job, buy a popular one.

    I use an Epson 2100, the only printer which would do what I needed at the
    time I bought it. None of the big name computer warehouses around here
    sell cartridges for it. Neither do the few independent shops. There's one
    place fairly close I can sometimes get Epson cartridges for it but often
    have to wait for one or more colours to be delivered. As it happens, the
    shop in question belongs to the UK's largest third-party cartridge and
    refilling chain!

    > >>With OEM inks you know who the mfg/formulator is.

    > >No you don't.

    > Yes you do

    As I understand it, some manufacturers farm out ink production and
    packaging to third-party companies. I'm happy to be proved wrong on this
    but it would take someone with more credibility (i.e. some) than you to do
    it.

    > >>With AfterMarket Inks
    > >>Most vendors will not tell you who the mfg/formulator is.

    > >Most printer manufacturers won't tell you who makes their inks.

    > They don't have to

    No one is suggesting that they have to. The point was that there's little
    difference between the printer manufacturers and the third-party vendors
    in that regard, so your comment is biased because it presents only one
    side of the equation.

    > Exact ink formulation is a trade secret.

    > You are being ridiculous

    I suggest that you back up that statement by contacting the printer
    manufacturers and asking them for details of their ink formulations. Once
    you've posted their replies here we can continue this conversation.

    > >>Many outright lie or make claims that are distorted.

    > >Just like the printer manufacturers.

    > Then sue them for false advertising

    What's your point? Are you suggesting that printer manufacturers don't
    make distorted claims? If so, you must either be incredibly naive or a
    fool.

    > >>Some cost almost as much as OEM

    > >Some cost almost as much to develop

    > Not really true

    Tell Lyson that. http://www.lyson.com/ukhome.html

    Jon.

    In article <sIyBe.2298$mN1.984@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com>,
    inkystinky@oem.com (measekite) wrote:

    > I like short posts.

    Then why quote a whole message to post a 12 word comment?

    Jon.

    Jon O'Brien wrote:

    >In article <HnxBe.2242$mN1.2005@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com>,
    >inkystinky@oem.com (measekite) wrote:
    >

    >>However, some people have no problems with third-party inks while
    >>others experience lots of problems with the inks sold by their
    >>printer's manufacturer.
    >>

    >>Very Very Few
    >>

    >Do you even bother to read messages posted in this group? There are lots
    >of people here saying they never have trouble with third-party inks and
    >plenty that get problems with 'the genuine article'.

    452 users over the past 2 months had printer problems and they were
    using NON OEM inks. 3 people had problems using OEM inks but they went
    for a long while without printing and 2 of them used AfterMarket inks prior.

    That tells me someting.

    measekite wrote:

    > 452 users over the past 2 months had printer problems and they were
    > using NON OEM inks. 3 people had problems using OEM inks but they went
    > for a long while without printing and 2 of them used AfterMarket inks
    > prior.

    That is the biggest lie you've yet to tell and everybody know it.
    Frank

    "Jon O'Brien" <Jon@NOonlySPAMbrowsingTHANX.com> wrote in message
    > I use an Epson 2100, the only printer which would do what I needed at the
    > time I bought it. None of the big name computer warehouses around here
    > sell cartridges for it. Neither do the few independent shops. There's one
    > place fairly close I can sometimes get Epson cartridges for it but often
    > have to wait for one or more colours to be delivered. As it happens, the
    > shop in question belongs to the UK's largest third-party cartridge and
    > refilling chain!

    Hi Jon,

    I've also got an Epson 2100. I would be interested to know if you have tried
    refilling the carts or using 3rd party carts and where you got them from.
    Thanks.

    Colin

    In article <3TGBe.2526$mN1.1071@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com>,
    inkystinky@oem.com (measekite) wrote:

    > 452 users over the past 2 months had printer problems and they were
    > using NON OEM inks. 3 people had problems using OEM inks but they went
    > for a long while without printing and 2 of them used AfterMarket inks
    > prior.

    > That tells me someting.

    67.4% of statistics are made up on the spot.

    Now, what about all the other points that you've managed to ignore? Do we
    take that as a sign that you have no response because you are forced to
    agree?

    Jon.

    In article <jwKBe.145142$113.7630950@phobos.telenet-ops.be>,
    colin.watters@pandoraBOX.be (CWatters) wrote:

    > I've also got an Epson 2100. I would be interested to know if you have
    > tried refilling the carts or using 3rd party carts and where you got
    > them from.

    I've only used Epson carts, so I can't help. Sorry!

    Jon.

    Da Gospel, Dat Wus Da Cnowt

    measekite wrote:

    > Frank wrote:
    >
    >> measekite wrote:

    >>> ARE U
    >>

    >> snip

    Glad you got the message cause your ISP sure did!
    Frank

    CWatters wrote:

    >"Jon O'Brien" <Jon@NOonlySPAMbrowsingTHANX.com> wrote in message
    > > I use an Epson 2100, the only printer which would do what I needed at the
    >

    >>time I bought it. None of the big name computer warehouses around here
    >>sell cartridges for it. Neither do the few independent shops. There's one
    >>place fairly close I can sometimes get Epson cartridges for it but often
    >>have to wait for one or more colours to be delivered. As it happens, the
    >>shop in question belongs to the UK's largest third-party cartridge and
    >>refilling chain!
    >>

    >Hi Jon,
    >
    >I've also got an Epson 2100. I would be interested to know if you have tried
    >refilling the carts or using 3rd party carts and where you got them from.
    >Thanks.
    >
    >Colin

    It sounds like he likes that printer. I do not think he wants to damage it.

  25. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    measekite wrote:

    > It sounds like he likes that printer. I do not think he wants to damage it.

    Why would anyone want to damage their printer? Do you have any idea what
    you're talking about?
    I doubt it.
    Frank
  26. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    Jon O'Brien wrote:

    > In article <3TGBe.2526$mN1.1071@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com>,
    > inkystinky@oem.com (measekite) wrote:
    >

    >>452 users over the past 2 months had printer problems and they were
    >>using NON OEM inks. 3 people had problems using OEM inks but they went
    >>for a long while without printing and 2 of them used AfterMarket inks
    >>prior.
    >

    >>That tells me someting.
    >

    > 67.4% of statistics are made up on the spot.

    That's not true. I heard it was 64.7%.

    Art

    > Now, what about all the other points that you've managed to ignore? Do we
    > take that as a sign that you have no response because you are forced to
    > agree?
    >
    > Jon.
  27. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    > Jon O'Brien wrote:
    >
    >>In article <HnxBe.2242$mN1.2005@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com>,
    >>inkystinky@oem.com (measekite) wrote:
    (snip)>>

    > 452 users over the past 2 months had printer problems and they were using
    > NON OEM inks. 3 people had problems using OEM inks but they went for a
    > long while without printing and 2 of them used AfterMarket inks prior.

    (snip)

    Mr. "stinky" has either been reading the inflated testimonials from the OEM
    cult's prayer meetings, doesn't have a firm grasp on how to count beyond
    the number of fingers on one hand, or has simply made up these numbers. He
    certainly didn't get these numbers from this NG. Since I am a charitable
    soul, I'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt and suggest that this
    was simply a typo. If I had the time (yes, retired people have other things
    to do besides correct erronious postings in newsgroups) I would go back and
    count the clog reports and do him the favor of editing, snipping, and
    otherwise altering his message to save him the embarassment that he must
    obviously feel for this gaff. Oops, that might be regarded as harrassment
    by my ISP and I would lose my opportunity to read his informative posts in
    the future.
  28. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    In article <2WOBe.251377$El.87508@pd7tw1no>, e-printerhelp@mvps.org
    (Arthur Entlich) wrote:

    > > 67.4% of statistics are made up on the spot.

    > That's not true. I heard it was 64.7%.

    That's because it was someone else making it up on the spot. :-)

    Jon.
  29. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    In article <%VOBe.2615$mN1.657@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com>,
    inkystinky@oem.com (measekite) wrote:

    > It sounds like he likes that printer. I do not think he wants to damage
    > it.

    Please don't try to drag me into your monomaniacal anti-third-party ink
    campaign.

    It has nothing to do with damage. I sell limited edition prints which, to
    comply with the Fine Art Trade Guild's guidelines, must be printed using
    the same ink and paper combination throughout the edition. I started
    producing them using Epson inks and either Hahnemuhle Photo Rag or
    Bockingford Inkjet Watercolour papers, so I have to stick with those
    combinations.

    I'd like, very much, to use the wider-gamut Lyson inks, so may eventually
    get another printer to start new editions on.

    Jon.
  30. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 04:23 +0100 (BST), Jon@NOonlySPAMbrowsingTHANX.com
    (Jon O'Brien) wrote:

    >I use an Epson 2100, the only printer which would do what I needed at the
    >time I bought it. None of the big name computer warehouses around here
    >sell cartridges for it. Neither do the few independent shops. There's one
    >place fairly close I can sometimes get Epson cartridges for it but often
    >have to wait for one or more colours to be delivered. As it happens, the
    >shop in question belongs to the UK's largest third-party cartridge and
    >refilling chain!

    Hi Jon,

    http://www.mx2.co.uk/

    Good prices, fast delivery.

    --

    Hecate - The Real One
    Hecate@newsguy.com

    On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 08:32:15 GMT, "CWatters"
    <colin.watters@pandoraBOX.be> wrote:

    >Hi Jon,
    >
    >I've also got an Epson 2100. I would be interested to know if you have tried
    >refilling the carts or using 3rd party carts and where you got them from.
    >Thanks.
    >
    >Colin

    Colin,

    I use the Permajet CIS system for the 2100. Good quality system and
    good quality inks. I'm considering when I buy my next printer,
    keeping the 2100 and using the Permajet Monochrome Pro system in that,
    and then whatever Permajet produce for the 2400 (unless I go for the
    4800).

    --

    Hecate - The Real One
    Hecate@newsguy.com

    On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 18:21 +0100 (BST), Jon@NOonlySPAMbrowsingTHANX.com
    (Jon O'Brien) wrote:

    >In article <%VOBe.2615$mN1.657@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com>,
    >inkystinky@oem.com (measekite) wrote:
    >
    >> It sounds like he likes that printer. I do not think he wants to damage
    >> it.
    >
    >Please don't try to drag me into your monomaniacal anti-third-party ink
    >campaign.
    >
    >It has nothing to do with damage. I sell limited edition prints which, to
    >comply with the Fine Art Trade Guild's guidelines, must be printed using
    >the same ink and paper combination throughout the edition. I started
    >producing them using Epson inks and either Hahnemuhle Photo Rag or
    >Bockingford Inkjet Watercolour papers, so I have to stick with those
    >combinations.
    >
    >I'd like, very much, to use the wider-gamut Lyson inks, so may eventually
    >get another printer to start new editions on.

    Hi Jon,

    From the tests I've seen, and personal experience, I'd go for
    Permajet rather than Lyson.

    P.S. Don'cha think Mooseshit is going in ever decreasing circles until
    he disappears up his own internal contradictions? ;-)

    --

    Hecate - The Real One
    Hecate@newsguy.com

    In article <hqegd1lns3rkmp2m266otfbd44a2o30qib@4ax.com>,
    hecate@newsguy.com (Hecate) wrote:

    Hi Hecate,

    > From the tests I've seen, and personal experience, I'd go for
    > Permajet rather than Lyson.

    Except that FS Chrome inks are only available for the Permajet CIS. That's
    £400 to get started, plus what ever the new printer costs! Unfortunately,
    my prints aren't selling /that/ well (yet). The Lyson inks are available
    in cartridges so it's not so much of an initial investment. One day...

    > P.S. Don'cha think Mooseshit is going in ever decreasing circles until
    > he disappears up his own internal contradictions? ;-)

    He tends to back off when challenged and avoids confrontation with
    whoever's shown him up as an idiot, for a while. Then he creeps back when
    he thinks his last ridiculing has been forgotten. Just what you'd expect
    from a kid his age, really. He may come to his senses once he's passed
    puberty. Don't hold your breath, though.

    Jon.
  34. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    In article <nhegd1pa9s0s7dsahdsua638so46ekonph@4ax.com>,
    hecate@newsguy.com (Hecate) wrote:

    > http://www.mx2.co.uk/
    >
    > Good prices, fast delivery.

    I usually buy from MX2 but have been caught out a few times (I'm a lousy
    administrator!). Cartridge World in Fleet can often supply from stock but
    has had to get them from another branch a couple of times. When that
    happens, someone drives over and delivers them to me! Excellent service.

    Jon.
  35. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    measekite wrote:

    The same war has been fought for so many times and yet it is
    started again. Please stop fighting.
  36. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 02:49 +0100 (BST), Jon@NOonlySPAMbrowsingTHANX.com
    (Jon O'Brien) wrote:

    >In article <nhegd1pa9s0s7dsahdsua638so46ekonph@4ax.com>,
    >hecate@newsguy.com (Hecate) wrote:
    >
    >> http://www.mx2.co.uk/
    >>
    >> Good prices, fast delivery.
    >
    >I usually buy from MX2 but have been caught out a few times (I'm a lousy
    >administrator!). Cartridge World in Fleet can often supply from stock but
    >has had to get them from another branch a couple of times. When that
    >happens, someone drives over and delivers them to me! Excellent service.

    Thanks, I'll remember that (well, actually, I'll write it down -
    memory doesn't improve with age <g>).

    --

    Hecate - The Real One
    Hecate@newsguy.com

    Jon O'Brien wrote:

    >In article <3TGBe.2526$mN1.1071@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com>,
    >inkystinky@oem.com (measekite) wrote:
    >

    >>452 users over the past 2 months had printer problems and they were
    >>using NON OEM inks. 3 people had problems using OEM inks but they went
    >>for a long while without printing and 2 of them used AfterMarket inks
    >>prior.
    >>

    >>That tells me someting.
    >>

    >67.4% of statistics are made up on the spot.
    >
    >Now, what about all the other points that you've managed to ignore? Do we
    >take that as a sign that you have no response because you are forced to
    >agree?
    >
    >Jon.

    NO
  38. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    Burt wrote:

    >"measekite" <inkystinky@oem.com> wrote in message
    >

    >>Jon O'Brien wrote:
    >>

    >>>In article <HnxBe.2242$mN1.2005@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com>,
    >>>inkystinky@oem.com (measekite) wrote:
    >>>

    >(snip)>>
    >

    >>452 users over the past 2 months had printer problems and they were using
    >>NON OEM inks. 3 people had problems using OEM inks but they went for a
    >>long while without printing and 2 of them used AfterMarket inks prior.
    >>

    >(snip)
    >
    >Mr. "stinky" has either been reading the inflated testimonials from the OEM
    >cult's prayer meetings, doesn't have a firm grasp on how to count beyond
    >the number of fingers on one hand,

    I just use my middle finger and multiply. Faird

    >or has simply made up these numbers. He
    >certainly didn't get these numbers from this NG.

    YES I DID

    > Since I am a charitable
    >soul,

    NO YOU ARE NOT

    > I'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt and suggest that this
    >was simply a typo.

    NO IT WAS NOT

    >If I had the time (yes, retired people have other things
    >to do besides correct erronious postings in newsgroups)

    YOU DO
  39. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    measekite wrote:

    > Burt wrote:
    >
    >> "measekite" <inkystinky@oem.com> wrote in message

    >> (snip)>>
    >>

    >>> 452 users over the past 2 months had printer problems and they were
    >>> using NON OEM inks. 3 people had problems using OEM inks but they
    >>> went for a long while without printing and 2 of them used AfterMarket
    >>> inks prior.
    >>>

    >> (snip)
    >>
    >> Mr. "stinky" has either been reading the inflated testimonials from
    >> the OEM cult's prayer meetings, doesn't have a firm grasp on how to
    >> count beyond the number of fingers on one hand,
    >

    > I just use my middle finger and multiply. Faird
    >
    >> or has simply made up these numbers. He certainly didn't get these
    >> numbers from this NG.
    >

    > YES I DID
    >
    >> Since I am a charitable soul,
    >>
    > NO YOU ARE NOT
    >
    >> I'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt and suggest that this
    >> was simply a typo.
    >

    > NO IT WAS NOT
    >
    >> If I had the time (yes, retired people have other things to do besides
    >> correct erronious postings in newsgroups)
    >

    > YOU DO

    You've been warned about your abusive postings before and now I'm
    warning you about you constant, habitutal lying in this ng.
    Stop it else or face the truth.
    No more lying!
    Got it.
    Frank
  40. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    Jon O'Brien wrote:

    >In article <%VOBe.2615$mN1.657@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com>,
    >inkystinky@oem.com (measekite) wrote:
    >

    >>It sounds like he likes that printer. I do not think he wants to damage
    >>it.
    >>

    >Please don't try to drag me into your monomaniacal anti-third-party ink
    >campaign.
    >
    >It has nothing to do with damage. I sell limited edition prints which, to
    >comply with the Fine Art Trade Guild's guidelines, must be printed using
    >the same ink and paper combination throughout the edition. I started
    >producing them using Epson inks and either Hahnemuhle Photo Rag or
    >Bockingford Inkjet Watercolour papers, so I have to stick with those
    >combinations.

    GOOD

    >I'd like, very much, to use the wider-gamut Lyson inks, so may eventually
    >get another printer to start new editions on.
    >
    >Jon.

    BUNDERBAR
  41. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    Stevelee wrote:

    > measekite did not write:
    >
    > The same war has been fought for so many times and yet it is
    > started again. Please stop fighting.
  42. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    Frank wrote:

    > measekite wrote:
    >

    >> Burt wrote:
    >>
    >>> "measekite" <inkystinky@oem.com> wrote in message

    >>> (snip)>>

    >>> (snip)
    >>>
    >>> Mr. "stinky" has either been reading the inflated testimonials from
    >>> the OEM cult's prayer meetings, doesn't have a firm grasp on how to
    >>> count beyond the number of fingers on one hand,
    >>

    >> I just use my middle finger and multiply. Faird
    >>
    >>> or has simply made up these numbers. He certainly didn't get these
    >>> numbers from this NG.
    >>

    >> YES I DID
    >>
    >>> Since I am a charitable soul,
    >>>
    >> NO YOU ARE NOT
    >>
    >>> I'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt and suggest that this
    >>> was simply a typo.
    >>

    >> NO IT WAS NOT
    >>
    >>> If I had the time (yes, retired people have other things to do
    >>> besides correct erronious postings in newsgroups)
    >>

    >> YOU DO
    >

    > You've been warned about your abusive postings before and now I'm
    > warning you about you constant, habitutal lying in this ng.
    > Stop it else or face the truth.
    > No more lying!
    > Got it.
    > Frank

    DROP DEAD
  43. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    measekite wrote:

    > DROP DEAD

    Not before you're gone loser.
    Frank
  44. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    In article <TUDCe.1109$NU2.271@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com>,
    inkystinky@oem.com (measekite) wrote:

    > Now, what about all the other points that you've managed to ignore? Do
    > we take that as a sign that you have no response because you are
    > forced to agree?

    > NO

    Where's your rebuttal, then?

    Jon.
  45. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    Frank wrote:

    > measekite wrote:
    >

    >> DROP DEAD
    >

    > Not before you're gone loser.
    > Frank

    Yes U R
  46. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    In article <memo.20050718122242.1744A@blue.compulink.co.uk>,
    Jon@NOonlySPAMbrowsingTHANX.com (Jon O'Brien) wrote:

    > > Now, what about all the other points that you've managed to ignore?
    > > Do we take that as a sign that you have no response because you are
    > > forced to agree?
    >
    > > NO
    >
    > Where's your rebuttal, then?

    Still waiting to hear your rebuttal of the points you disagree with.

    Jon.
  47. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    Jon O'Brien wrote:

    >In article <memo.20050718122242.1744A@blue.compulink.co.uk>,
    >Jon@NOonlySPAMbrowsingTHANX.com (Jon O'Brien) wrote:
    >

    >>>Now, what about all the other points that you've managed to ignore?
    >>>Do we take that as a sign that you have no response because you are
    >>>forced to agree?
    >>>

    >>>NO
    >>>

    >>Where's your rebuttal, then?
    >>

    >Still waiting to hear your rebuttal of the points you disagree with.
    >
    >Jon.

    I do not care to waste my time on it.
  48. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    > In article <memo.20050718122242.1744A@blue.compulink.co.uk>,
    > Jon@NOonlySPAMbrowsingTHANX.com (Jon O'Brien) wrote:
    >
    >> > Now, what about all the other points that you've managed to ignore?
    >> > Do we take that as a sign that you have no response because you are
    >> > forced to agree?
    >>
    >> > NO
    >>
    >> Where's your rebuttal, then?
    >
    > Still waiting to hear your rebuttal of the points you disagree with.
    >
    > Jon.

    Jon - how many years do you have to wait? When faced with the facts MK
    reverts to type and simply spouts innane one-liners or taunts. Expect no
    reasoned dialog.
  49. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    Burt wrote:

    >"Jon O'Brien" <Jon@NOonlySPAMbrowsingTHANX.com> wrote in message

    >>>Where's your rebuttal, then?
    >>>

    >>Still waiting to hear your rebuttal of the points you disagree with.
    >>
    >>Jon.
    >>

    >Jon - how many years do you have to wait? When faced with the facts MK
    >reverts to type and simply spouts innane one-liners or taunts. Expect no
    >reasoned dialog.

    JON,

    How many years do you have to wait? When faced with the facts burtie
    reverts to type and simply spouts pages of diatribes or taunts. Expect un
    reasoned dialog.

Printers Marketing OEM Peripherals