dns records not appearing

bill

the dns records do not appear to be updating.

when a client is removed from the network the dns record still stays in DNS.
when i manually remove the record and the client reconnects to the network a
DNS record is not created for this client.

DHCP is set to allways update DNS and PTR records. However this does not
appear to be occuring.

Is there a setting within DNS that needs to be configured to accept the
dynamic updates from DHCP?

In news:E2A2164F-EE3A-42E3-BF8A-E8E012CF3F1C@microsoft.com,
bill <bill@discussions.microsoft.com> posted this:
> the dns records do not appear to be updating.
>
> when a client is removed from the network the dns record still stays
> in DNS. when i manually remove the record and the client reconnects
> to the network a DNS record is not created for this client.
>
> DHCP is set to allways update DNS and PTR records. However this does
> not appear to be occuring.
Is the client gracefully removed or just disconnected?
Is this Wink2 or Win2k3?
Secure or non-secure dynamic updates?
Option 015 enabled with the domain name?
Is DHCP on a DC or member server?
Is the DDNS server listed in TCP/IP properties on the DHCP machine?

> Is there a setting within DNS that needs to be configured to accept
> the dynamic updates from DHCP?
Nothing beyond allowing dynamic updates on the zone.

--?
Best regards,
Kevin D4 Dad Goodknecht Sr. [MVP]
Hope This Helps