Deleted a record:How long to get 'secondary' DNS updated ?

Windows 2000 Server, DNS, Primary, secondary configuration.

I delete a Host record from DNSPrimary.
I go to the secondary, select "Transfer from Master".

I still see the deleted record listed on the secondary server. is there any
way to expedite this deletion process on the secondary server ?
2 answers Last reply
More about deleted record long secondary updated

    Darn. I see that the secondary DNS server displays event 6523, DNS error.
    It says that zone transfer failed from master...

    Magoo wrote:
    > Darn. I see that the secondary DNS server displays event 6523, DNS
    > error. It says that zone transfer failed from master...

    Are zone transfers set to allow? I've found simply deleting the secondary
    zone and recreating it works nicely. Now if it doesn't transfer, we'll need
    to look at if any ports are being blocked.

    --
    Regards,
    Ace

    so all can benefit.

    and confers no rights.

    Paramount: What's up with taking Enterprise off the air??

Windows 2000 DNS Servers Windows