  • Games
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
March 12, 2005 5:54:51 PM

Hi

I'm Grandmaster of the Morag Tong, Master of the Fighters Guild and
Arch-Mage of the Mages Guild.
Tried to join the Thieves Guild in Balmora but the Khajit says that I don't
meet their requirements.
By the way, when becoming Master of the Fighters Guild, I did'nt slayed the
thieves, but slayed the Fighters Guild Master (the nord) in Vivec instead.

Does anybody know why, I can't become a member of the Thieves Guild?

/Allan

More about : join gulid thieves

Anonymous
March 12, 2005 5:54:52 PM

> I'm Grandmaster of the Morag Tong, Master of the Fighters Guild and
> Arch-Mage of the Mages Guild.
> Tried to join the Thieves Guild in Balmora but the Khajit says that I
don't
> meet their requirements.
> By the way, when becoming Master of the Fighters Guild, I did'nt slayed
the
> thieves, but slayed the Fighters Guild Master (the nord) in Vivec instead.
>
> Does anybody know why, I can't become a member of the Thieves Guild?

There's a quest for the Fighter's Guild that lowers the Thieves Guild
disposition towards you. I think it's the one where you get the codebook
from Sottilde. If you don't join the Thieves Guild before doing that quest,
there's no way to join afterwards, other than cheating. I think the command
to fix it in the console is something like:

ModPCFacRep 10 "Thieves Guild"

You need to open the console and click on a member of the guild, probably
the same Khajit who lets you join, then type the above line. I may have
spelled it wrong, forgot if there's an apostrophe or not, but you should be
able to figure it out from that.
March 12, 2005 5:54:52 PM

"Allan" <ako@mail.sonofon.dk> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I'm Grandmaster of the Morag Tong, Master of the Fighters Guild and
> Arch-Mage of the Mages Guild.
> Tried to join the Thieves Guild in Balmora but the Khajit says that I
> don't meet their requirements.
> By the way, when becoming Master of the Fighters Guild, I did'nt slayed
> the thieves, but slayed the Fighters Guild Master (the nord) in Vivec
> instead.
>
> Does anybody know why, I can't become a member of the Thieves Guild?

I think once you've taken the code book from Sottilde for the fighter's
guild quest, you can no longer join the thieves guild.
March 12, 2005 5:54:52 PM

I have joined the thieves guild after charming Sortillde out of the
codebook. There are several fighters guild quests that have the
potential to tick off the thieves guild. For example, if you kill the
thieves guild guy outside the cave near Caldera (Avleg, I think)
without taunting him into battle, you will not be able to join the
thieves guild because you will have murdered one of their members. If,
however, you taunt him into battle to complete the quest, you will be
able to join the thieves guild. The game sort of warns you about such
quests--but not explicitly Fireeyes says something like "this is not a
thieves guild matter" when she gives you the quest. It is likely that
you have slaughtered some thieves guild guy somewhere, and now the
guild is ticked at you.
Anonymous
March 13, 2005 6:16:27 PM

"DeAnn" <von.sagrillo@verizon.net> skrev i en meddelelse
>I have joined the thieves guild after charming Sortillde out of the
> codebook. There are several fighters guild quests that have the
> potential to tick off the thieves guild. For example, if you kill the
> thieves guild guy outside the cave near Caldera (Avleg, I think)
> without taunting him into battle, you will not be able to join the
> thieves guild because you will have murdered one of their members. If,
> however, you taunt him into battle to complete the quest, you will be
> able to join the thieves guild. The game sort of warns you about such
> quests--but not explicitly Fireeyes says something like "this is not a
> thieves guild matter" when she gives you the quest. It is likely that
> you have slaughtered some thieves guild guy somewhere, and now the
> guild is ticked at you.

Ok, I see that there's no way into the thieves guild then, heh heh.
I'll pay attention to the Blade's quests now.

Thanks.

/Allan
Anonymous
March 13, 2005 6:16:28 PM

> Ok, I see that there's no way into the thieves guild then, heh heh.
> I'll pay attention to the Blade's quests now.

Like I said, it is possible to join the Thieve's Guild even if you've ticked
them off, but you need to use a console command to do it. If you really
want to do it, it's not that hard, and it's a very minor cheat in my
opinion. It's all a matter of if you feel right doing it or not. My
philosophy is that in a game like this where it's single-player only, and
nobody else is affected by your actions, there's really no such thing as
"cheating". Whatever method of play gives you the most enjoyment is fine.
If I weren't allowed to use the console, I'd have thrown this game away in
disgust long ago. It's so easy to permanently screw up some quests or run
into several other bugs that can only be fixed via console that I hardly
consider it cheating at all.
March 14, 2005 5:10:57 PM

Good job you're not on the XBox then

Darrel Hoffman wrote:
>>Ok, I see that there's no way into the thieves guild then, heh heh.
>>I'll pay attention to the Blade's quests now.
>

> Like I said, it is possible to join the Thieve's Guild even if you've ticked
> them off, but you need to use a console command to do it. If you really
> want to do it, it's not that hard, and it's a very minor cheat in my
> opinion. It's all a matter of if you feel right doing it or not. My
> philosophy is that in a game like this where it's single-player only, and
> nobody else is affected by your actions, there's really no such thing as
> "cheating". Whatever method of play gives you the most enjoyment is fine.
> If I weren't allowed to use the console, I'd have thrown this game away in
> disgust long ago. It's so easy to permanently screw up some quests or run
> into several other bugs that can only be fixed via console that I hardly
> consider it cheating at all.

Anonymous
March 14, 2005 11:22:38 PM

> Good job you're not on the XBox then

I don't know how people could stand to play this game on the XBox. I rely
on the console so much, not for cheating so much as for recovering from the
many bugs in the program. Not having that ability would be a serious
handicap, I'd think. Plus, the best part of this game is the freedom to add
mods, which you lose on the console...
March 15, 2005 1:03:18 AM

"Darrel Hoffman" <i.dont@think.so> wrote in message

> I don't know how people could stand to play this game on the XBox. I rely
> on the console so much, not for cheating so much as for recovering from
> the
> many bugs in the program. Not having that ability would be a serious
> handicap, I'd think.

I've been playing the game steadily since its release and have only ever
used the console a handful of times--a couple of times to change my PC's
face/hair early on, and once to get around a bug in a mod.

> Plus, the best part of this game is the freedom to add
> mods, which you lose on the console...

Agreed.
Anonymous
March 25, 2005 3:43:54 PM

DeAnn wrote:
> For example, if you kill the
> thieves guild guy outside the cave near Caldera (Avleg, I think)
> without taunting him into battle, you will not be able to join the
> thieves guild because you will have murdered one of their members.

Not so - it only counts as a murder if it's reported - "And you're not
going to report this, are you?" I just did it this week - bopped the
Bosmer (no taunt), wasted his buddies, and went on to get the code book.
Then I brought Habasi a diamond and she purred like a kitten...

No console commands needed. But if you want to be sure, just talk to
Arveleg and mention 'Telvanni Agents' - it'll piss him off and he'll
attack you automatically. I prefer to just wander in and whack him
because it gives me one good swipe before he hits back; characters are
usually low level when I take this mission and every little bit helps.
!