Epson Printing Problem

Hello,

I have 2 Epson Printer...a 1520 and a C84. Today I tried to print on
the 1520 and no black would print. I know about the clean head utility
and ran it but not even a spec of black. So I tried the C84 and the
same thing happened. Both printer would print color, but not black. I
deleted all the drivers for the printers and even deleted the drivers
for the parallel cards (I have 2 parallel cards and tried them both
with no success) and reinstalled them. Still no black. I don't know
what would cause Windows to not print black, but the fact that it
happened to 2 printers on 2 parallel cards on the same day, means that
it's probably not the printers. Any suggestions?

Thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about epson printing problem

    I suspect this is coincidence, and both are having clogs or are low on
    black ink.

    Please email me (using the address I posted this from as shown in the
    header) and request the Epson Cleaning Manual, and perhaps the
    information in that will help you to resolve the problems.

    Art

    digitalcrayon@gmail.com wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > I have 2 Epson Printer...a 1520 and a C84. Today I tried to print on
    > the 1520 and no black would print. I know about the clean head utility
    > and ran it but not even a spec of black. So I tried the C84 and the
    > same thing happened. Both printer would print color, but not black. I
    > deleted all the drivers for the printers and even deleted the drivers
    > for the parallel cards (I have 2 parallel cards and tried them both
    > with no success) and reinstalled them. Still no black. I don't know
    > what would cause Windows to not print black, but the fact that it
    > happened to 2 printers on 2 parallel cards on the same day, means that
    > it's probably not the printers. Any suggestions?
    >
    > Thanks

Printers Epson Peripherals