dns entry for exchange server

Hi
I have windows2003 and AD is libmary.com(not real) .I just installed the
Exchange 2003 server and i bought 2 comanies domain name which are
company1.com and company2.com.
Now i want set up the two domain name on my exchange server to recive and
send email.
How should i enter the DNS or which record i should enter in DNS server.
Or is it enough to enter MX record in ISP DNS?
1 answer Last reply
More about entry exchange server

    "Dennis" <archer_uk@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi
    > I have windows2003 and AD is libmary.com(not real) .I just installed
    the
    > Exchange 2003 server and i bought 2 comanies domain name which are
    > company1.com and company2.com.

    > Now i want set up the two domain name on my exchange server to recive
    and
    > send email.

    Add an MX record for EACH domain that points to the
    name of the Exchange SMTP server.

    > How should i enter the DNS or which record i should enter in DNS
    server.

    Tell the Exchange server SMTP server to REPORT whatever
    name you use for the PTR reverse record.

    Have the (public) ISP or other REVERSE zone owner add a
    PTR record that is the SAME (single) choice as self-reported
    name of the exchange server.

    > Or is it enough to enter MX record in ISP DNS?

    You need two MX (one for each domain name) but each
    will point to the SAME server name as the Exchange server
    uses and this MUST equal the PTR record.

    Also consider adding an SPF record for each domain/zone.

    --
    Herb Martin, MCSE, MVP
    Accelerated MCSE

Windows Server 2003 Exchange Server DNS Domain Name Internet Service Providers Windows