Closed

How to alter DNS with CMD command?

Hello!
What CMD Command is responsible for altering DNS IP?
Thanks in advance!
48 answers Last reply
More about alter command

    In news:eFpstRLZFHA.1544@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
    An <pinetree@263.com> posted this:
    > Hello!
    > What CMD Command is responsible for altering DNS IP?
    > Thanks in advance!

    Please clarify, what are you trying to alter?

    --?
    Best regards,
    Kevin D4 Dad Goodknecht Sr. [MVP]
    Hope This Helps
    ===================================
    ===================================
    http://www.lonestaramerica.com/
    ===================================
    It will strip signature out and more
    ===================================
    with OEBackup:
    ===================================

    Excuse me for my poor English.
    I use a modem dial-up connection,and the DNS server
    address is set to Assigned Automatically.But,I have
    found,the DNS assigned automatically didn't work.
    So I want to temporarily assign another DNS server.
    I wonder if there is a CMD command to do this.

    An

    > I use a modem dial-up connection,and the DNS server
    > address is set to Assigned Automatically.But,I have
    > found,the DNS assigned automatically didn't work.
    > So I want to temporarily assign another DNS server.
    > I wonder if there is a CMD command to do this.

    In the dial up settings for your Modem, there is a button
    (Advanced or Properties or maybe Advanced Properties
    but slightly different on Win2000-XP-etc).

    You will see what looks almost like a regular NIC
    properties sheet -- select IP and override the DNS
    server even before you call.

    Manual configuration takes precedence over dynamic.

    Many people think that just because they get a DHCP
    assigned address they cannot set their DNS server or
    Default Gateway.

    You can, however, set almost anything except for IP
    address and subnet mask; these two parameters must
    come from the DHCP server to be a DHCP client at
    all.

    --
    Herb Martin, MCSE, MVP
    Accelerated MCSE

    "An" <ayk@bzmc.edu.cn> wrote in message
    > Excuse me for my poor English.

    > An

    Thanks!
    I know how to set the DNS server adress in the GUI interface.
    I want to know whether there is any command in command line mode.
    -----------------------------------
    An

    An wrote:
    > Thanks!
    > I know how to set the DNS server adress in the GUI interface.
    > I want to know whether there is any command in command line mode.
    > -----------------------------------
    > An

    There are many ways to do it for Windows 2000, XP and 2003. One way is using
    the netsh command. You can also search the numerous VB scripts at either
    Microsoft's Script Center at www.technet.com, or you can also try some 3rd
    party VB scripting sites on the web. One place I've found that has been
    helpful is at http://cwashington.netreach.net where many have freely
    contributed to the site.

    --
    Regards,
    Ace

    so all can benefit.

    and confers no rights.

    Paramount: What's up with taking Enterprise off the air??
    =================================
  6. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.dns (More info?)

    "An" <pinetree@263.com> wrote in message
    > Thanks!
    > I know how to set the DNS server adress in the GUI interface.
    > I want to know whether there is any command in command line mode.

    Yes -- in your larger question however you indicated a problem
    that can be solved for the interface.

    NetSh.exe can do what you seek.

    --
    Herb Martin, MCSE, MVP
    Accelerated MCSE

    > -----------------------------------
    > An

  7. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.dns (More info?)

    Thanks you!
    Can you please tell me what command of netsh,
    or give me an example?
    ------------------------------------
  8. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.dns (More info?)

    > Can you please tell me what command of netsh,
    > or give me an example?

    I will tell you how to learn netsh... (it's a cool trick)

    NetSH.exe has DUMP and EXEC commands for saving
    settings and reloading them.

    Use the dump ( > to a file) and edit the portions of the
    file you care about -- make changes and compare the
    changes. Then you can exec the desired portions back
    into the machine.

    BTW, writing Exec stuff is much easier than getting
    the real commands correct.

    --
    Herb Martin, MCSE, MVP
    Accelerated MCSE

    > Thanks you!
    > ------------------------------------

  9. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.dns (More info?)

    Very interesting! Yes! Use following command:
    NETSH DUMP >AA.TXT
    This command could dump the settings to file aa.txt.
    But the portion about DNS in the file like this:
    --------------------------------------
    pushd routing ip dnsproxy
    uninstall
    popd
    --------------------------------------
    I still don't know how to do.
  10. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.dns (More info?)

    "An" <ayk@263.com> wrote in message
    > Very interesting! Yes! Use following command:
    > NETSH DUMP >AA.TXT
    > This command could dump the settings to file aa.txt.
    > But the portion about DNS in the file like this:
    > --------------------------------------
    > pushd routing ip dnsproxy

    This is an RRAS entry I believe -- so unlikely to be
    of value to you.

    You need the "interface ip" context ('pushd' is just
    a "change direct" type command, that also remembers
    the last context so that a 'popd' gets you back -- works
    at the command line too but few people use it. Sort
    of like a History list in your browser.)

    > --------------------------------------
    > I still don't know how to do.

    Dump your interface IP stuff (or everything) -- change
    the interface by hand in the GUI. Dump it again.
    Compare the differences or just save that chunk to do
    it next time with the command.

    It's as simple as saving before (you manually change
    something) and after -- next time you can use the Exec
    to make those changes in both directions.

    --
    Herb Martin, MCSE, MVP
    Accelerated MCSE

    Manually changed the setting,Dialed up and dumped again,
    compared with the last text file with FC command,result:
    No difference.
    There is also no "interface ip" context in the dump created
    text file.
    Yet your idea is very good.
  12. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.dns (More info?)

    An wrote:
    > Manually changed the setting,Dialed up and dumped again,
    > compared with the last text file with FC command,result:
    > No difference.
    > There is also no "interface ip" context in the dump created
    > text file.
    > Yet your idea is very good.

    Here are some helpful links for this complicated command:

    242468 - How to Use the Netsh.exe Tool and Command-Line Switches:
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=242468

    257748 - How to Use the NETSH Command to Change from Static IP Address to
    DHCP in Windows 2000:
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=257748

    Microsoft Windows XP - Netsh commands for Interface IP:
    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/netsh.mspx

    MS-DOS netsh command help:
    http://www.computerhope.com/netsh.htm#04

    IP from the Command Prompt:
    http://www.petri.co.il/configure_tcp_ip_from_cmd.htm

    Chicagotech.net - netsh command:
    http://www.chicagotech.net/netsh.htm

    Ace
  13. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.dns (More info?)

    I just ran this command on Win2000 (Server), XP, and
    Win2003 Server:

    netsh interface ip dump

    In all cases in dumped a usable IP context.

    (I didn't have an dial connection invoked but I am pretty
    sure that I have tested that in the past and once established
    dial interfaces are practically indistinguishable from a
    real NIC in most important ways.)

    Ace: Do you use OneNote? I dumped your NetSh links
    into my Windows -> Tools -> NetSh page.

    Thanks.

    --

    > Manually changed the setting,Dialed up and dumped again,
    > compared with the last text file with FC command,result:
    > No difference.
    > There is also no "interface ip" context in the dump created
    > text file.
    > Yet your idea is very good.

  14. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.dns (More info?)

    Herb Martin wrote:
    > I just ran this command on Win2000 (Server), XP, and
    > Win2003 Server:
    >
    > netsh interface ip dump
    >
    > In all cases in dumped a usable IP context.
    >
    > (I didn't have an dial connection invoked but I am pretty
    > sure that I have tested that in the past and once established
    > dial interfaces are practically indistinguishable from a
    > real NIC in most important ways.)
    >
    > Ace: Do you use OneNote? I dumped your NetSh links
    > into my Windows -> Tools -> NetSh page.
    >
    > Thanks.

    No, but I've been thinking about other ways to organize this mess. I have
    over 5500 favorites. I use CopyURL to copy/paste the links to text (such as
    in a post), but it's cumbersome having that many. Sometimes I think the
    system gets hung when parsing them sometimes.

    Ace
  15. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.dns (More info?)

    Ace and An:

    > Thank you! I nerver heard of OneNote.Is it a useful tool?

    Microsoft's newest "Office-like" (not technically part of Office yet),
    and in version one they seem to have made a lost of weird UI
    decisions but it is on the right track.

    > No, but I've been thinking about other ways to organize this mess. I have
    > over 5500 favorites. I use CopyURL to copy/paste the links to text (such
    as
    > in a post), but it's cumbersome having that many. Sometimes I think the
    > system gets hung when parsing them sometimes.

    OneNote is useful. It seems to be better than my other methods
    after only a couple of weeks -- it is not a total replacement for
    favorites, but does help with organizing

    I have mainly used just standard favorites, text files, Excel,
    and even Outlook "draft" emails. This seems to beat all of
    the above.

    5500 links sounds like a lot -- I probably have that many but
    they aren't very well organized. (I have been collecting them
    since before IE3.)

    --
    Herb Martin, MCSE, MVP
    Accelerated MCSE

    "Ace Fekay [MVP]"
    <PleaseSubstituteMyActualFirstName&LastNameHere@hotmail.com> wrote in
    message news:OBUKilpZFHA.2520@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
    > Herb Martin wrote:
    > > I just ran this command on Win2000 (Server), XP, and
    > > Win2003 Server:
    > >
    > > netsh interface ip dump
    > >
    > > In all cases in dumped a usable IP context.
    > >
    > > (I didn't have an dial connection invoked but I am pretty
    > > sure that I have tested that in the past and once established
    > > dial interfaces are practically indistinguishable from a
    > > real NIC in most important ways.)
    > >
    > > Ace: Do you use OneNote? I dumped your NetSh links
    > > into my Windows -> Tools -> NetSh page.
    > >
    > > Thanks.
    >
    > No, but I've been thinking about other ways to organize this mess. I have
    > over 5500 favorites. I use CopyURL to copy/paste the links to text (such
    as
    > in a post), but it's cumbersome having that many. Sometimes I think the
    > system gets hung when parsing them sometimes.
    >
    > Ace

  16. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.dns (More info?)

    Thanks a lot!The command was found at last.
    The command like this:

    NETSH interface ip set dns "Local Area Connection" 202.99.99.99
    NETSH interface ip add dns "Local Area Connection" 202.99.99.99

    What a long command!
    An
  17. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.dns (More info?)

    Thank you! I nerver heard of OneNote.Is it a useful tool?
    I use NETSH DUMP command,that's why there is no the context.
    An
  18. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.dns (More info?)

    Herb Martin wrote:
    > OneNote is useful. It seems to be better than my other methods
    > after only a couple of weeks -- it is not a total replacement for
    > favorites, but does help with organizing
    >
    > I have mainly used just standard favorites, text files, Excel,
    > and even Outlook "draft" emails. This seems to beat all of
    > the above.
    >
    > 5500 links sounds like a lot -- I probably have that many but
    > they aren't very well organized. (I have been collecting them
    > since before IE3.)

    I may give it a try. I have a copy thru my MSDN subscription. The only thing
    I don't like its that it's another app running in the background. Obi
    mentioned one awhile back that integrates with IE, but I can't remember what
    it's called. I'm building a new dual Xeon with a Raid5 1.2 terabytes of
    storage (need it to store my classroom Ghost images and be able to run
    multiple VPCs without taxing the system too much). I may go with OneNote
    when I get that completed.

    In the meantime, I'll just keep chugging along with this old flathead V8
    (Bonnie and Clyde's choice)...
  19. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.dns (More info?)

    > I may give it a try. I have a copy thru my MSDN subscription.

    I thought you might -- not sure if it is worth $100 yet (but then
    if it does what I want it is worth at least $500.)

    > The only thing
    > I don't like its that it's another app running in the background.

    Well, it is really just another running ap as it is something that
    stays up like Outlook and Excel, although it has some popup
    hotkey stuff (I don't use that much, probably should.)

    > Obi
    > mentioned one awhile back that integrates with IE, but I can't remember
    what
    > it's called. I'm building a new dual Xeon with a Raid5 1.2 terabytes of
    > storage (need it to store my classroom Ghost images and be able to run
    > multiple VPCs without taxing the system too much). I may go with OneNote
    > when I get that completed.

    It is a great way to record and store all those odd pieces of data
    we run into on the web and in email.

    If you can find something better then I will try it.

    This is one of those apps that no one 'gets' until they use it --
    then like Excel (remember: "What's a spreadsheet for?") or
    email (I can just call them...), or even IE and the web itself
    people cannot live without them. <grin>

    > In the meantime, I'll just keep chugging along with this old flathead V8
    > (Bonnie and Clyde's choice)...

    Hey, I still have a couple of machines I LIKE that run processors
    measured in 100's of Mhz.

    --

    message news:eAI1cuxZFHA.3568@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
    > Herb Martin wrote:
    > > OneNote is useful. It seems to be better than my other methods
    > > after only a couple of weeks -- it is not a total replacement for
    > > favorites, but does help with organizing
    > >
    > > I have mainly used just standard favorites, text files, Excel,
    > > and even Outlook "draft" emails. This seems to beat all of
    > > the above.
    > >
    > > 5500 links sounds like a lot -- I probably have that many but
    > > they aren't very well organized. (I have been collecting them
    > > since before IE3.)

  20. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.dns (More info?)

    Thank you,Ace and Herb,for your answer to my question.
    I have found it pretty good to "talk" to you.Now there
    is a new question here.
    It is clear that one of the key point of using NETSH
    command to set DNS server is to know the interface name.
    This question can be solved by using the command bellow:
    NETSH interface ip dump
    It works well to use this command in my broadband connection
    computer.But when this command was used in my dial connection
    computer,it returned an error message(translated into English):

    "Eerror when get the configuration from interface
    {93856A9A-802A-427A-A2FF-777CF57974FE}"

    What the interface name should be?
    An
  21. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.dns (More info?)

    It should be the same one shown by IPConfig /all when
    the Dial is connected, and maybe Network and Dialup
    Connections shows it correctly too.

    Don't know about the error unless it is something
    stupid like the command prompt not understanding your
    non-English characters....

    --
    Herb Martin, MCSE, MVP
    Accelerated MCSE

    "An" <anyukuan@sohu.com> wrote in message
    > Thank you,Ace and Herb,for your answer to my question.
    > I have found it pretty good to "talk" to you.Now there
    > is a new question here.
    > It is clear that one of the key point of using NETSH
    > command to set DNS server is to know the interface name.
    > This question can be solved by using the command bellow:
    > NETSH interface ip dump
    > It works well to use this command in my broadband connection
    > computer.But when this command was used in my dial connection
    > computer,it returned an error message(translated into English):
    >
    > "Eerror when get the configuration from interface
    > {93856A9A-802A-427A-A2FF-777CF57974FE}"
    >
    > What the interface name should be?
    > An

  22. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.dns (More info?)

    What is the interface name?
    This is the IPConfig /all reply:
    Windows 2000 IP Configuration

    Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : bzmc-01
    Primary DNS Suffix . . . . . . . :
    Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Broadcast
    IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
    WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

    PPP adapter 6413:

    Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
    Description . . . . . . . . . . . : WAN (PPP/SLIP) Interface
    Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-53-45-00-00-00
    DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
    211.64.57.1
    NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Disabled

    -
  23. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.dns (More info?)

    > What is the interface name?

    >PPP adapter 6413:
    > Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
    > Description . . . . . . . . . . . : WAN (PPP/SLIP) Interface

    "WAN (PPP/SLIP) Interface"

    When you use it on the command line it will require
    quotes since it has spaces and parens.

    --

    > What is the interface name?
    > This is the IPConfig /all reply:
    -
    > Windows 2000 IP Configuration
    >
    > Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : bzmc-01
    > Primary DNS Suffix . . . . . . . :
    > Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Broadcast
    >
    > PPP adapter 6413:
    >
    > Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
    > Description . . . . . . . . . . . : WAN (PPP/SLIP) Interface
    > Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-53-45-00-00-00
    > DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
    > 211.64.57.1
    > NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Disabled

    > -

  24. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.dns (More info?)

    Herb Martin wrote:
    >> I may give it a try. I have a copy thru my MSDN subscription.
    >
    > I thought you might -- not sure if it is worth $100 yet (but then
    > if it does what I want it is worth at least $500.)
    >
    >> The only thing
    >> I don't like its that it's another app running in the background.
    >
    > Well, it is really just another running ap as it is something that
    > stays up like Outlook and Excel, although it has some popup
    > hotkey stuff (I don't use that much, probably should.)
    >
    >> Obi
    >> mentioned one awhile back that integrates with IE, but I can't
    >> remember what it's called. I'm building a new dual Xeon with a Raid5
    >> 1.2 terabytes of storage (need it to store my classroom Ghost images
    >> and be able to run multiple VPCs without taxing the system too
    >> much). I may go with OneNote when I get that completed.
    >
    > It is a great way to record and store all those odd pieces of data
    > we run into on the web and in email.
    >
    > If you can find something better then I will try it.
    >
    > This is one of those apps that no one 'gets' until they use it --
    > then like Excel (remember: "What's a spreadsheet for?") or
    > email (I can just call them...), or even IE and the web itself
    > people cannot live without them. <grin>
    >
    >> In the meantime, I'll just keep chugging along with this old
    >> flathead V8 (Bonnie and Clyde's choice)...
    >
    > Hey, I still have a couple of machines I LIKE that run processors
    > measured in 100's of Mhz.

    I still have a couple laying around. I just threw out literally in the
    trash, an old Dell GXA 166mhz. I'm sure someone snagged it driving by!

    If I find something different, I'll let you know.
  25. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.dns (More info?)

    An wrote:
    > What is the interface name?
    > This is the IPConfig /all reply:
    > Windows 2000 IP Configuration
    >
    > Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : bzmc-01
    > Primary DNS Suffix . . . . . . . :
    > Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Broadcast
    >
    > PPP adapter 6413:
    >
    > Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
    > Description . . . . . . . . . . . : WAN (PPP/SLIP) Interface
    > Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-53-45-00-00-00
    > DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
    > 211.64.57.1
    > NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Disabled

    I would think it's "PPP adapter 6413", but not sure with dialup adapters.
    When I ran a dump, it told me "Local Area Connection", which is my
    connection name, which happens to be the default. It's what you call it in
    Network & Dialup Connections window. But like I said, not sure about
    dialup/ppp connections.

    Ace
  26. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.dns (More info?)

    An wrote:
    > Thank you,Ace and Herb,for your answer to my question.
    > I have found it pretty good to "talk" to you.Now there
    > is a new question here.

    My pleasure!

    Ace
  27. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.dns (More info?)

    > I would think it's "PPP adapter 6413", but not sure with dialup adapters.
    > When I ran a dump, it told me "Local Area Connection", which is my
    > connection name, which happens to be the default. It's what you call it in
    > Network & Dialup Connections window. But like I said, not sure about
    > dialup/ppp connections.

    You are correct -- I went through this before and forgot.

    --

    message news:OymAvL$ZFHA.3976@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
    > An wrote:
    > > What is the interface name?
    > > This is the IPConfig /all reply:

    -
    > > Windows 2000 IP Configuration
    > >
    > > Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : bzmc-01
    > > Primary DNS Suffix . . . . . . . :
    > > Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Broadcast
    > > IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
    > > WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
    > >
    > > PPP adapter 6413:
    > >
    > > Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
    > > Description . . . . . . . . . . . : WAN (PPP/SLIP) Interface
    > > Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-53-45-00-00-00
    > > DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
    > > IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 211.64.56.243
    > > Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.255
    > > Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 211.64.56.243
    > > DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 211.64.56.1
    > > 211.64.57.1
    > > NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Disabled

    > I would think it's "PPP adapter 6413", but not sure with dialup adapters.
    > When I ran a dump, it told me "Local Area Connection", which is my
    > connection name, which happens to be the default. It's what you call it in
    > Network & Dialup Connections window. But like I said, not sure about
    > dialup/ppp connections.
    >
    > Ace

  28. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.dns (More info?)

    I have tried many of the posible names,all with quotes.
    "WAN (PPP/SLIP) Interface","6413",etc.
    They are all invalid interface names.
    --------------------------------------
    An
  29. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.dns (More info?)

    Have you dumped it while the connection is ACTIVE?

    The name it uses in the dump is the one it expects when you exec.

    --

    > I have tried many of the posible names,all with quotes.
    > "WAN (PPP/SLIP) Interface","6413",etc.
    > They are all invalid interface names.
    > --------------------------------------
    > An

  30. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.dns (More info?)

    There is only one exception, use NULL name:
    add dns "" 211.64.56.2
    The reply is "Error when get configuration from interface "
    Just like the error message from DUMP command.
  31. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.dns (More info?)

    "PPP adapter 6413" is my second trying name,invalid.
    May be it is a bug.
  32. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.dns (More info?)

    "An" <pinetree@sohu.com> wrote in message
    > "PPP adapter 6413" is my second trying name,invalid.
    > May be it is a bug.

    What software is creating that adapter?

    Usually MS dial/vpn's have a NDIS_WAN in the name
    (the last time I looked.)

    --
    Herb Martin, MCSE, MVP
    Accelerated MCSE

  33. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.dns (More info?)

    "An" <pinetree@sohu.com> wrote in message
    > "PPP adapter 6413" is my second trying name,invalid.
    > May be it is a bug.

    What software is creating that adapter?

    Usually MS dial/vpn's have a NDIS_WAN in the name
    (the last time I looked.)

    Show me the "netsh interface ip dump >t.txt" file --
    paste it in from the file; please don't type it or change
    it, or use a graphic.

    Do this while connected.

    --
    Herb Martin, MCSE, MVP
    Accelerated MCSE

  34. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.dns (More info?)

    "netsh interface ip dump >t.txt" result:

    # ----------------------------------
    # ½Ó¿Ú IP ÅäÖÃ
    # ----------------------------------
    pushd interface ip

    ´Ó½Ó¿Ú {93856A9A-802A-427A-A2FF-777CF57974FE} »ñÈ¡ÅäÖÃʱ³öÏÖ´íÎó¡£

    popd
    # ½Ó¿Ú IP ÅäÖýáÊø
  35. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.dns (More info?)

    > "netsh interface ip dump >t.txt" result:
    >
    > # ----------------------------------
    > # ½Ó¿Ú IP ÅäÖÃ
    > # ----------------------------------
    > pushd interface ip
    >
    > ´Ó½Ó¿Ú {93856A9A-802A-427A-A2FF-777CF57974FE} »ñÈ¡ÅäÖÃʱ³öÏÖ´íÎó¡£
    >

    > popd
    > # ½Ó¿Ú IP ÅäÖýáÊø

    What's you Encoding? Or national language so I can guess
    the encoding maybe....

    All I saw above was 'letter salad' so I need to pull down the
    menu Format->Encoding and choose something to let me see
    this.

    You may have a character set bug too. Something about your
    national version of Windows and the command line tools.

    --
    Herb Martin, MCSE, MVP
    Accelerated MCSE

    > "netsh interface ip dump >t.txt" result:
    >
    > # ----------------------------------
    > # ½Ó¿Ú IP ÅäÖÃ
    > # ----------------------------------
    > pushd interface ip
    >
    > ´Ó½Ó¿Ú {93856A9A-802A-427A-A2FF-777CF57974FE} »ñÈ¡ÅäÖÃʱ³öÏÖ´íÎó¡£
    >

    > popd
    > # ½Ó¿Ú IP ÅäÖýáÊø

  36. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.dns (More info?)

    The Windows2000 Version is Simplified Chinese.
  37. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.dns (More info?)

    > The Windows2000 Version is Simplified Chinese.

    My experience (in addition to the English version)
    is mostly with the MUI, and that mostly in French,
    German, and Arabic so there isn't much I can say
    to help if I cannot read the output.

    I am sorry.

    Does the NetSH dump give something that makes sense
    to YOU (or other Chinese speakers)?

    If so, does it work to just Exec it back into the machine?

    If not, it is a bug -- you can report it that way.

    Dump and Exec should work together even if you cannot
    edit the intermediate file.

    Set it up manually for one network, dump it. Set it up
    for the other(s) and dump it(them).

    Now you can exec the machine back to any previous
    state.

    --
    Herb Martin, MCSE, MVP
    Accelerated MCSE

  38. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.dns (More info?)

    Thanks,that's enough.My main purpose is to know the comman
    format,being able to use it in broadband connection is much
    better than in dial connection.I have learned a lot.
    Thanks once more in our chinese way!
    An
  39. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.dns (More info?)

    > No, but I've been thinking about other ways to organize this mess. I have
    > over 5500 favorites. I use CopyURL to copy/paste the links to text (such
    as
    > in a post), but it's cumbersome having that many. Sometimes I think the
    > system gets hung when parsing them sometimes.

    Thanks for the suggestion -- already found some lost nuggets
    of gold due to your suggestion and using the program.

    NoNags (I haven't used them in months, maybe years.)

    --
    Herb Martin, MCSE, MVP
    Accelerated MCSE
    http://www.LearnQuick.Com
    [phone number on web site]

    "Ace Fekay [MVP]"
    <PleaseSubstituteMyActualFirstName&LastNameHere@hotmail.com> wrote in
    message news:OBUKilpZFHA.2520@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
    > Herb Martin wrote:
    > > I just ran this command on Win2000 (Server), XP, and
    > > Win2003 Server:
    > >
    > > netsh interface ip dump
    > >
    > > In all cases in dumped a usable IP context.
    > >
    > > (I didn't have an dial connection invoked but I am pretty
    > > sure that I have tested that in the past and once established
    > > dial interfaces are practically indistinguishable from a
    > > real NIC in most important ways.)
    > >
    > > Ace: Do you use OneNote? I dumped your NetSh links
    > > into my Windows -> Tools -> NetSh page.
    > >
    > > Thanks.
    >
    > No, but I've been thinking about other ways to organize this mess. I have
    > over 5500 favorites. I use CopyURL to copy/paste the links to text (such
    as
    > in a post), but it's cumbersome having that many. Sometimes I think the
    > system gets hung when parsing them sometimes.
    >
    > Ace

  40. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.dns (More info?)

    In news:eWy8VAXaFHA.724@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl,
    An <pinetree@sohu.com> stated, and I replied below:
    > Thanks,that's enough.My main purpose is to know the comman
    > format,being able to use it in broadband connection is much
    > better than in dial connection.I have learned a lot.
    > Thanks once more in our chinese way!
    > An

    I'm sorry, I cannot understand the output either. I hope you have enough
    information from Herb and I in order to achieve your goal.

    :-)

    Ace
  41. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.dns (More info?)

    In news:eCWX3FjaFHA.4040@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl,
    Herb Martin <news@LearnQuick.com> stated, and I replied below:

    > Thanks for the suggestion -- already found some lost nuggets
    > of gold due to your suggestion and using the program.
    >
    > NoNags (I haven't used them in months, maybe years.)

    Cool. Good to hear. I'm still looking for a decent easier method. I'm not
    quite ready to take the OneNote plunge yet.

    Ace
  42. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.dns (More info?)

    message news:uwnhqIxaFHA.1404@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
    > In news:eCWX3FjaFHA.4040@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl,
    > Herb Martin <news@LearnQuick.com> stated, and I replied below:
    > >
    > > Thanks for the suggestion -- already found some lost nuggets
    > > of gold due to your suggestion and using the program.
    > >
    > > NoNags (I haven't used them in months, maybe years.)
    > >

    > Cool. Good to hear. I'm still looking for a decent easier method. I'm not
    > quite ready to take the OneNote plunge yet.

    Take it man -- you will know within a week or two and
    you CAN get out of the water if it's too cold.

    I think I am pretty much hooked. Although today may be the
    first day in a week or two when I didn't add anything to OneNote
    and only peeked in there a couple of times. (But very few Google
    searches either.)

    --
    Herb Martin, MCSE, MVP
    Accelerated MCSE

    > Ace

  43. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.dns (More info?)

    In news:OvgdGKzaFHA.2968@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
    Herb Martin <news@LearnQuick.com> stated, and I replied below:
    > Take it man -- you will know within a week or two and
    > you CAN get out of the water if it's too cold.
    >
    > I think I am pretty much hooked. Although today may be the
    > first day in a week or two when I didn't add anything to OneNote
    > and only peeked in there a couple of times. (But very few Google
    > searches either.)

    I just found a product called Onfolio
    www.onfolio.com

    Since you're familiar with OneNote, can you take a look at this and compare
    it?

    Thanks,
    Ace
  44. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.dns (More info?)

    Ok, but not this week probably.

    This does seem a similar product -- and it has a similar
    price but of course I already own OneNote so the $100
    for Onfolio is no comparision for me.

    The RSS feeds are intriguing -- as I have a free one (Pluck)
    but don't really like ANY of the RSS readers that I have
    tried.

    So IF it works conveniently it might be cool.

    One thing, these things aren't really worth trying for 10
    minutes -- you have to really USE them for a week or two
    to start to get a real idea.

    Imagine trying to evaluate an email client in 20 minutes.
    (Or a NewsReader etc.)

    --

    message news:#BjwkR8aFHA.3328@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
    > In news:OvgdGKzaFHA.2968@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
    > Herb Martin <news@LearnQuick.com> stated, and I replied below:
    > > Take it man -- you will know within a week or two and
    > > you CAN get out of the water if it's too cold.
    > >
    > > I think I am pretty much hooked. Although today may be the
    > > first day in a week or two when I didn't add anything to OneNote
    > > and only peeked in there a couple of times. (But very few Google
    > > searches either.)
    >
    > I just found a product called Onfolio
    > www.onfolio.com
    >
    > Since you're familiar with OneNote, can you take a look at this and
    compare
    > it?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Ace

  45. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.dns (More info?)

    In news:%23bHEOC%23aFHA.3808@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl,
    Herb Martin <news@LearnQuick.com> stated, and I replied below:
    > Ok, but not this week probably.
    >
    > This does seem a similar product -- and it has a similar
    > price but of course I already own OneNote so the $100
    > for Onfolio is no comparision for me.
    >
    > The RSS feeds are intriguing -- as I have a free one (Pluck)
    > but don't really like ANY of the RSS readers that I have
    > tried.
    >
    > So IF it works conveniently it might be cool.
    >
    > One thing, these things aren't really worth trying for 10
    > minutes -- you have to really USE them for a week or two
    > to start to get a real idea.
    >
    > Imagine trying to evaluate an email client in 20 minutes.
    > (Or a NewsReader etc.)

    I understand. I thought if you get a chance to do it, you;'ve already used
    OneNote to compare it.

    Yes, I like the RSS feature too. I know OneNote doesn't support that.

    If you have time, that would be cool...
    Ace
  46. Quote:

    An wrote:
    > Thanks!
    > I know how to set the DNS server adress in the GUI interface.
    > I want to know whether there is any command in command line mode.
    > -----------------------------------
    > An

    There are many ways to do it for Windows 2000, XP and 2003. One way is using
    the netsh command. You can also search the numerous VB scripts at either
    Microsoft's Script Center at www.technet.com, or you can also try some 3rd
    party VB scripting sites on the web. One place I've found that has been
    helpful is at http://cwashington.netreach.net where many have freely
    contributed to the site.

    --
    Regards,
    Ace

    so all can benefit.

    and confers no rights.

    Paramount: What's up with taking Enterprise off the air??

    Use dnscmd
  47. Quote:
    Use dnscmd

    Ace, thanks so much for the good example! It's very descriptive and detailed.

    http://freescreenrecorder.net/ Screen recorder free
  48. This topic has been closed by Area51reopened

Command Prompt DNS Microsoft Windows