Czarles

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2005
I'm looking for a hot case, I'd prefer not to pay over 100 for it.... Got a computer in an old ugly case that i'm gonna mod probly.

So, which ones look cool.

nikolokolus

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2006
What looks cool? Depends on your personality. Do like hopped up "rice cookers" with big tailpipes, spoilers and bright neon colors or are you more of an Aston martin Db7 kind of guy?

muffins

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2006
he could be a put a massive blower on big fat hemi type of person....but i guess that doesnt have much to do with looks

i say go for whichever case fits yer budget and floats yer boats in the looks department

Flopmouth_Fish

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2006
Personally, I like the clean look of Lian-Li cases, and I've seen some really sweet Lian-Li mods, but some people prefer the cheesy, over-the-top gaming cases with windows and zillions of LEDs, etc.

Go on newegg, go to the cases section, and do a search with the maximum price set as 100. You should get a couple hundred results; get whichever one you like.

sviola

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2006
I'm looking for a hot case, I'd prefer not to pay over 100 for it.... Got a computer in an old ugly case that i'm gonna mod probly.

Why would you buy a case if you're modding your old?

enforcerfx

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2006

You could mold a custom honda civic body kit, and make your tower a nice ricer. Lol Just kidding :p It all depends what kind of case you want. Shuttle, Mid-size, full size, etc. I would recommend a Antec P180B. Quiet, Sleek, i believe its 105 bucks though. But its well worth the cash from what i have heard.

justanotherhobbyist

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2006
This is a cool case..... basically you can pick and choose the led fan collors
I chose the aero cool fans because they were quite...... not for the air they moved since there are two of them in back and one in the 120mm in the front it runs pretty cool any ways.... and I priced them on newegg

COOLER MASTER Centurion 541 RC-541-SKN1 Black Aluminumm bezel, SECC chassis MicroATX Mini Tower Computer Case - Retail
$45.99

AeroCool UV-GG-SV 80mm Sleeve Green LED Light Case Cooling Fan - Retail
5.49 X 2=11.00

Thermaltake Thunderblade A1928 120 x 120 x 25 mm Sleeve Green LED Light Cooling Fan - Retail
$9.99

erik_tilton

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2006
Oh, may I make a couple of recommendations!

I like these:
http://www.evercase.com/newsite/2product/ece4502.htm
http://www.evercase.com/newsite/2product/gc4292.htm
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811180049

The one from Newegg does not have a window on the side like the Evercase version does.

These are inexpensive cases that look nice and are sturdy. I will be buying one for my first build. There are more reviews for the Newegg one if you look for the "red" version of the case on the site.

Keep in mind the number of fans are limited in these cases. The first link gives you more fan options than the other two.

waylander

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2004
Antec, Thermaltake, Coolermaster, Lian Li or Silverstone. Try to get aluminum if you can and stay away from plastic as much as possible.

*edit* Not to bash anyone else here but try to stay away from companies like raidmax, aspire, apiva, coolmax, rosewill, powmax... etc.