Error 4011 Troubleshooting

Every two weeks for the past month we've experienced an issue with one of our
DC's. This DC is in another building and any servers/hosts connected to it
will stop showing up in the explorer or browser. We're prepared to run
BROWMON next time this happens but both times restarting the DC resolved the
issue. The second time restarting only DNS did not do anything.

So we're looking at <a
href="http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;252695">this KB
Article</a> about error 4011 (one of the errors the DC spits out when the DNS
is actually flaking out) and we're confused by this last requirement:

"The DNS Resolver configuration points to the DNS server, which is installed
on the same computer"

Does this mean the DNS configuration in the TCP/IP settings (client) or in
the DNS server setup itself?

Hi Les,

That should be referring to the server.

br,