Event ID 4006 Source DNS

if you are getting this error message

The DNS server was unable to create a name in memory for name computer
name in zone domain.com in the Active Directory. This directory name
is ignored. Use the DNS console to recreate the records associated
with this name or check that the Active Directory is functioning
properly and reload the zone. The event data contains the error.

I have one additional option for you...
After you've checked...
1. all hostnames, and none of them contains a space ex. "Computer 1"
2. DHCP for the same offending hostname

you should use your Active Driectory Users and Computer console to fix
this problem...

- In AD U&C, under the View menu, check "Advanced Features"
- Look for a folder called System, expand it
- Expand MicrosoftDNS
- Click on the folder with your domain name
- Find the offensive hostname, and delete it
- Either wait for replication, or force a replication
- restart DNS service. you should not get this error anymore.

In news:1117744466.301548.39360@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com,
AlonSeal@gmail.com <AlonSeal@gmail.com> stated, and I replied below:
> if you are getting this error message
>
> The DNS server was unable to create a name in memory for name computer
> name in zone domain.com in the Active Directory. This directory name
> is ignored. Use the DNS console to recreate the records associated
> with this name or check that the Active Directory is functioning
> properly and reload the zone. The event data contains the error.
>
> I have one additional option for you...
> After you've checked...
> 1. all hostnames, and none of them contains a space ex. "Computer 1"
> 2. DHCP for the same offending hostname
>
> you should use your Active Driectory Users and Computer console to fix
> this problem...
>
> - In AD U&C, under the View menu, check "Advanced Features"
> - Look for a folder called System, expand it
> - Expand MicrosoftDNS
> - Click on the folder with your domain name
> - Find the offensive hostname, and delete it
> - Either wait for replication, or force a replication
> - restart DNS service. you should not get this error anymore.

Are you getting this error?

Take a look here and see if this helps you out:

http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=4006&eventno=1272&source=DNS&phase=1

--
Regards,
Ace

so all can benefit.

and confers no rights.

Paramount: What's up with taking Enterprise off the air??

TRENDING THREADS