RIM Sued Over BlackBerry Bluetooth Technology

Status
Not open for further replies.

ttcboy

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2006
WiLAN describes itself as a "leading technology innovation and licensing company."

This kind of company that doesn't produce anything and making business by buying patents and licensing should burn in hell for eternity.

redeye

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2005
why florida?... if this was real, how about taking RIM to court in canada, more specifically waterloo... I would assume that they also patented these patents in Canada also?... and why not in germany?... or UK? apple seems to lose there LOL. so they should have a good chance there too? right.

Seriously... RIM got shafted by NTP... for 673 million i think, so watch out WiLAN (wireless-idiot-Local-Area-Network).

I wonder if WiLAN or (why-LAN) uses Blackberry phones? (...sarcasm....RIM engineers were overheard saying "strangest thing ...a local network outage specific only to one companies phones"...but it is impossible... we will get right on that /sarcasm) and also iPhone engineers, andriod engineers, samsung engineers, nokia engineers, and cell phones network engineers and Lamented the fact WiLAN is have serious problems with there cell phones.../ joke (if only...) ...end of sarcasm ....

BTW their patent puts the idiot in BLUETOOTH LOL.

icemunk

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2009
[citation][nom]ttcboy[/nom]This kind of company that doesn't produce anything and making business by buying patents and licensing should burn in hell for eternity.[/citation]

It's a lawyer welfare company. Leeching money from the working man, while doing nothing helpful for society.

kelemvor33

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2006
Has WiLAN ever actually created anything? If not, all their patents should be thrown in the trash. When will someone wake up and figure out our patent system is so completely broken it needs to be thrown away and started over.

anononon

Honorable
Aug 29, 2012
WiLAN are your everyday patent trolls... They are going after a Apple and HTC for the samething.. These guys should either be bought out or just thrown out.

Status
Not open for further replies.