Yarberger

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2006
Hey everyone

Having studied the various forums and opinions on system builds, it is still a tough choice as a novice figuring out which motherboard will be the best for my new machine.

The system will be for gaming only - no office, email, general internet use or file clutter.

The processor will be an Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4GHz. I do not feel confident tweaking BIOS and will thus be keeping the system as stock - no overclocking whatsoever. I'm aiming for an ATI X1800XT card with 2GB memory.

Any ideas?

ElMoIsEviL

Distinguished
Hey everyone

Having studied the various forums and opinions on system builds, it is still a tough choice as a novice figuring out which motherboard will be the best for my new machine.

The system will be for gaming only - no office, email, general internet use or file clutter.

The processor will be an Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4GHz. I do not feel confident tweaking BIOS and will thus be keeping the system as stock - no overclocking whatsoever. I'm aiming for an ATI X1800XT card with 2GB memory.

Any ideas?

I would recommend an Asus P5B motherboard. Hell if you can swing it an Asus P5B Deluxe will give you tons for your money.