Client PC unable to join domain

Hello,

I have setup a domain ’home.local’ on the windows server pc. It is a
dns and domain controller. I have 1 client pc running winxp pro which
is connected wirelessly to the windows server pc. The wireless router
is the dhcp server.

I have added the client’s ip to the foward and reverse dns lookup
zones. However, when i tried to add the client pc to the domain, there
is a message saying : ’unable to connect to the domain controller in
home.local’ .

So how do i add a client to a domain? Or what are the things which i
missed?

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/DNS-Client-PC-unable-join-domain-ftopict540695.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1702760
1 answer Last reply
More about client unable join domain

    In news:3_1702760_1c286259a32c3c43a8e12602d04192a3@windowsforumz.com,
    weng <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> posted this:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I have setup a domain 'home.local' on the windows server pc. It is a
    > dns and domain controller. I have 1 client pc running winxp pro which
    > is connected wirelessly to the windows server pc. The wireless router
    > is the dhcp server.
    >
    > I have added the client's ip to the foward and reverse dns lookup
    > zones. However, when i tried to add the client pc to the domain, there
    > is a message saying : 'unable to connect to the domain controller in
    > home.local' .
    >
    > So how do i add a client to a domain? Or what are the things which i
    > missed?

    The Client and the DC must use the DC's IP address for DNS. Chances are the
    router is not publishing the DC's address for DNS.

    --?
    Best regards,
    Kevin D4 Dad Goodknecht Sr. [MVP]
    Hope This Helps
    http://www.lonestaramerica.com/
    It will strip signature out and more
    with OEBackup:

Domain Windows Server DNS Domain Controller Windows