Replication Errors

Archived from groups: alt.certification.mcse,microsoft.public.win2000.dns (More info?)

Hi

I had two servers Fserver and Tserver...with Win 2003 Server OS and both
DC's
I unplugged the Tsever in Feb without demoting and the errors in Fserver
around April were saying Tombstone..

I plugged in the Tserver again and tried to replicate as it was affecting my
Exchange server but the Tserver would not replicate.. I tried to demote it
with Dcpromo but this didn't work either..

So I forced a demotion Tserver and rebuilt from scratch and named it
Fserver2

I installed AD, DNS on the new Fserver2.. but I don't think its
replicating.. how do I confirm this ?, if I run Dcdiag it passes all tests

Question 2 is that when I run Dcdiag on Fserver I get errors that its still
looking to replicate with Tserver? yet no mention of Fserver2 ?

When I try to delete Tserver in AD sites and Services I get a run Dcpromo
command... ? I did this before and I using the correct command ?

Thanks

Archived from groups: alt.certification.mcse,microsoft.public.win2000.dns (More info?)

In news:E26pe.5998$CF.43360@news-1.opaltelecom.net,
Fred Bloggs <sdfsd@tiscali.co.uk> posted this:
> Hi
>
> I had two servers Fserver and Tserver...with Win 2003 Server OS and
> both DC's
> I unplugged the Tsever in Feb without demoting and the errors in
> Fserver around April were saying Tombstone..
>
> I plugged in the Tserver again and tried to replicate as it was
> affecting my Exchange server but the Tserver would not replicate.. I
> tried to demote it with Dcpromo but this didn't work either..
>
> So I forced a demotion Tserver and rebuilt from scratch and named it
> Fserver2
>
> I installed AD, DNS on the new Fserver2.. but I don't think its
> replicating.. how do I confirm this ?, if I run Dcdiag it passes all
> tests

dcdiag /e /v

> Question 2 is that when I run Dcdiag on Fserver I get errors that its
> still looking to replicate with Tserver? yet no mention of Fserver2 ?
>
> When I try to delete Tserver in AD sites and Services I get a run
> Dcpromo command... ? I did this before and I using the correct
> command ?
>
> Thanks

You will need to do a metadata cleanup to remove Tserver from Active
Directory.
How to remove data in Active Directory after an unsuccessful domain
controller demotion:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;216498

--?
Best regards,
Kevin D4 Dad Goodknecht Sr. [MVP]
Hope This Helps
===================================
===================================
http://www.lonestaramerica.com/
===================================
It will strip signature out and more
===================================
with OEBackup:
===================================

"Kevin D. Goodknecht Sr. [MVP]" <admin@nospam.WFTX.US> wrote in message
> In news:E26pe.5998$CF.43360@news-1.opaltelecom.net,
> Fred Bloggs <sdfsd@tiscali.co.uk> posted this:
>> Hi
>>
>> I had two servers Fserver and Tserver...with Win 2003 Server OS and
>> both DC's
>> I unplugged the Tsever in Feb without demoting and the errors in
>> Fserver around April were saying Tombstone..
>>
>> I plugged in the Tserver again and tried to replicate as it was
>> affecting my Exchange server but the Tserver would not replicate.. I
>> tried to demote it with Dcpromo but this didn't work either..
>>
>> So I forced a demotion Tserver and rebuilt from scratch and named it
>> Fserver2
>>
>> I installed AD, DNS on the new Fserver2.. but I don't think its
>> replicating.. how do I confirm this ?, if I run Dcdiag it passes all
>> tests
>
> dcdiag /e /v
>

>> Question 2 is that when I run Dcdiag on Fserver I get errors that its
>> still looking to replicate with Tserver? yet no mention of Fserver2 ?
>>
>> When I try to delete Tserver in AD sites and Services I get a run
>> Dcpromo command... ? I did this before and I using the correct
>> command ?
>>
>> Thanks
>
> You will need to do a metadata cleanup to remove Tserver from Active
> Directory.
> How to remove data in Active Directory after an unsuccessful domain
> controller demotion:
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;216498

Thanks will try it out tomorrow