Files waiting to be written to CD won't go away!

I am having a problem with a machine running Win XP Pro with SP2. I
backed up a file to CD and even though it has been written to CD I keep
getting the balloon spring up from the system tray saying that I have
files waiting to be written to CD. I have tried deleting them but it
soon comes back!

The drive I am writing to is a Pioneer 108 DVD/CD writer. I have NERO
Burning ROM 6 with INCd installed.

I have tried searching the Microsoft site with out success. Anybody
seen this or have any ideas on how I might eradicate this annoying
problem.

TIA
--
Mark Turnbull
To reply remove nospam

    Ever tried to look into the folder C:\documents and settings\<user
    name>\local settings\application data\microsoft\cd burning ?

    If you're using WinXP Professional, you should use a policy to have the
    build-in cdburning of MS not started. As an administrator, start the MMC
    C:\windows\system32\gpedit.msc. Go to the User configuration /
    administrative templates / windows explorer in the left pane and choose
    'remove cd-burning'. Enable this item and reboot the pc. There are a lot
    more interesting options with this console, look for yourself. Remember: if
    a setting appears in both user and computer configuration, the computer
    configuration wins.

    M.S.Huizenga wrote:
    > Ever tried to look into the folder C:\documents and settings\<user
    > name>\local settings\application data\microsoft\cd burning ?

    No such subdirectory "local settings" using explorer OR DOS (sim).
    Ah, it's 'hidden'; now what? - RM

    "Rick Merrill" <RickMerrill@comTHROW.net> wrote in message
    > M.S.Huizenga wrote:
    >> Ever tried to look into the folder C:\documents and settings\<user
    >> name>\local settings\application data\microsoft\cd burning ?
    >
    > No such subdirectory "local settings" using explorer OR DOS (sim).
    > Ah, it's 'hidden'; now what? - RM

    Enable Show All files and folder in the Tool->Folder Options->Views Tab.

    --

    Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
    www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

    Thank you for your response.

    In message <cldtfq$kdm$1@reader10.wxs.nl>, M.S.Huizenga
    <mshuizenga@msn.com> writes
    >Ever tried to look into the folder C:\documents and settings\<user
    >name>\local settings\application data\microsoft\cd burning ?

    I have now, but the folder is empty!

    >If you're using WinXP Professional, you should use a policy to have the
    >build-in cdburning of MS not started. As an administrator, start the MMC
    >C:\windows\system32\gpedit.msc. Go to the User configuration /
    >administrative templates / windows explorer in the left pane and choose
    >'remove cd-burning'. Enable this item and reboot the pc.

    I have enabled it so I will see what happens.

    --
    Mark Turnbull
    To reply remove nospam

CD-Rom Microsoft Windows XP