TTL's

Hi,
I am wanting to change th TTL's on all of my DNS records in a perticular
zone, and am wondering if thair is any way i can change them all at once or
do i have to go through each one??

I have noticed that there is a TTL option in the properites of the zone but
when i change it the records within the zone dont change....

Cheers,
Alex
2 answers Last reply
More about tomshardware

    In news:28AEF594-7D0A-4CD7-B51C-CE91A3768A23@microsoft.com,
    alexbax <alexbax@discussions.microsoft.com> stated, and I replied below:
    > Hi,
    > I am wanting to change th TTL's on all of my DNS records in a
    > perticular zone, and am wondering if thair is any way i can change
    > them all at once or do i have to go through each one??
    >
    > I have noticed that there is a TTL option in the properites of the
    > zone but when i change it the records within the zone dont change....
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Alex

    DNSCMD will do that for you. That is part of the Windows 2000 Support Tools
    (or Windows 2003 Support Tools) available on the Windows cdrom.

    --
    Regards,
    Ace

    so all can benefit.

    and confers no rights.

    Paramount: What's up with taking Enterprise off the air??
    =================================

    "alexbax" <alexbax@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > I am wanting to change th TTL's on all of my DNS records in a perticular
    > zone, and am wondering if thair is any way i can change them all at once
    or
    > do i have to go through each one??
    >
    > I have noticed that there is a TTL option in the properites of the zone
    but
    > when i change it the records within the zone dont change....

    Zone TTL is for those records that have no TTL of their
    own (which overrides the zone default.)

    You can use DNSCmd.exe or you can edit your files directly if
    you run an ordinary Primary (or can switch to it for a few minutes.)

    --
    Herb Martin, MCSE, MVP
    Accelerated MCSE

    > Cheers,