TTL's

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
June 10, 2005 11:05:03 AM

Hi,
I am wanting to change th TTL's on all of my DNS records in a perticular
zone, and am wondering if thair is any way i can change them all at once or
do i have to go through each one??

I have noticed that there is a TTL option in the properites of the zone but
when i change it the records within the zone dont change....

Cheers,
Alex

More about : ttl

Anonymous
June 14, 2005 3:43:14 AM

In news:28AEF594-7D0A-4CD7-B51C-CE91A3768A23@microsoft.com,
alexbax <alexbax@discussions.microsoft.com> stated, and I replied below:
> Hi,
> I am wanting to change th TTL's on all of my DNS records in a
> perticular zone, and am wondering if thair is any way i can change
> them all at once or do i have to go through each one??
>
> I have noticed that there is a TTL option in the properites of the
> zone but when i change it the records within the zone dont change....
>
> Cheers,
> Alex

DNSCMD will do that for you. That is part of the Windows 2000 Support Tools
(or Windows 2003 Support Tools) available on the Windows cdrom.

--
Regards,
Ace

so all can benefit.

and confers no rights.

Paramount: What's up with taking Enterprise off the air??
=================================
Anonymous
June 14, 2005 3:46:18 AM

"alexbax" <alexbax@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I am wanting to change th TTL's on all of my DNS records in a perticular
> zone, and am wondering if thair is any way i can change them all at once
or
> do i have to go through each one??
>
> I have noticed that there is a TTL option in the properites of the zone
but
> when i change it the records within the zone dont change....

Zone TTL is for those records that have no TTL of their
own (which overrides the zone default.)

You can use DNSCmd.exe or you can edit your files directly if
you run an ordinary Primary (or can switch to it for a few minutes.)

--
Herb Martin, MCSE, MVP
Accelerated MCSE

!