Question about Explorer shortcut

I created a shortcut to open Windows Explorer with Drive C: contents,
and I am wondering why the title/location bar shows:
C:\ - "Windows INTERNET Explorer"?

bj
8 answers Last reply
More about question explorer shortcut

    "chicagofan" <me7@privacy.net> wrote in message
    > I created a shortcut to open Windows Explorer with Drive C: contents,
    > and I am wondering why the title/location bar shows:
    > C:\ - "Windows INTERNET Explorer"?
    >
    > bj

    Shortcut to WRONG Explorer ? It can get confusing. Locate the Windows
    Explorer in the Windows folder (My Computer>C Drive>Windows) and scroll down
    to and right click either Explorer item, then select "Crete Shortcut" in
    pop-up menu. Cut the shortcut and paste where desired.

    Malv

    "Malvern" <thisis@fak> wrote in message

    > Shortcut to WRONG Explorer ? It can get confusing. Locate the Windows
    > Explorer in the Windows folder (My Computer>C Drive>Windows) and scroll
    down
    > to and right click either Explorer item, then select "Crete Shortcut" in
    > pop-up menu. Cut the shortcut and paste where desired.
    >
    > Malv

    OOPS ! Make that "Create Shortcut" in pop-up menu.

    Hi,

    Because your shortcut points to iexplore.exe instead of explorer.exe.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    Rick "Nutcase" Rogers wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > Because your shortcut points to iexplore.exe instead of explorer.exe.

    I put the "Target" address[below] in, after seeing it in one of these XP
    ngs... and below, is the "Start in" path it created from that. I have
    seen the other one with ,c: added, since I found this one below.

    Target: C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe /e

    Start in: %HOMEDRIVE%%HOMEPATH%

    It opens just the way I want it too; but the "Internet" Explorer heading
    worried/confused me. It also seems to function OK... except sometimes
    when I click on one of those + signs to expand a folder, nothing happens.
    bj

    Malvern wrote:

    > "chicagofan" <me7@privacy.net> wrote in message
    >
    >>I created a shortcut to open Windows Explorer with Drive C: contents,
    >>and I am wondering why the title/location bar shows:
    >> C:\ - "Windows INTERNET Explorer"?
    >>
    >>bj
    >

    > Shortcut to WRONG Explorer ? It can get confusing. Locate the Windows
    > Explorer in the Windows folder (My Computer>C Drive>Windows) and scroll down
    > to and right click either Explorer item, then select "Create Shortcut" in
    > pop-up menu. Cut the shortcut and paste where desired.
    >
    > Malv

    Thanks... I should have made it more clear, that the shortcut is working
    as intended... it does open Explorer, with the C drive expanded as I
    wanted. It just had that strange "IE" heading appended to C: drive in
    the title/location bar.

    I probably didn't create it the right way. :)
    bj

    Hi

    What command have you used for the shortcut? The following one works with
    showing C:\

    %windir%\EXPLORER.EXE /e,c:

    --

    Will Denny
    MVP - Windows Shell/User

    Will Denny wrote:

    > Hi
    >
    > What command have you used for the shortcut? The following one works with
    > showing C:\
    >
    > %windir%\EXPLORER.EXE /e,c:

    Don't know... I'll check it Will, and change it. Thanks!
    bj

    Glad it works now. These computers can do strange things...

    Malv

    > Malvern wrote:
    >
    > > Shortcut to WRONG Explorer ? It can get confusing. Locate the Windows
    > > Explorer in the Windows folder (My Computer>C Drive>Windows) and scroll
    down
    > > to and right click either Explorer item, then select "Create Shortcut"
    in
    > > pop-up menu. Cut the shortcut and paste where desired.
    > >
    > > Malv
    >
    > Thanks... I should have made it more clear, that the shortcut is working
    > as intended... it does open Explorer, with the C drive expanded as I
    > wanted. It just had that strange "IE" heading appended to C: drive in
    > the title/location bar.
    >
    > I probably didn't create it the right way. :)
    > bj

Windows Explorer Internet Explorer Explorer Microsoft Windows XP