Question about Explorer shortcut

I created a shortcut to open Windows Explorer with Drive C: contents,
and I am wondering why the title/location bar shows:
C:\ - "Windows INTERNET Explorer"?

bj

"chicagofan" <me7@privacy.net> wrote in message
> I created a shortcut to open Windows Explorer with Drive C: contents,
> and I am wondering why the title/location bar shows:
> C:\ - "Windows INTERNET Explorer"?
>
> bj

Shortcut to WRONG Explorer ? It can get confusing. Locate the Windows
Explorer in the Windows folder (My Computer>C Drive>Windows) and scroll down
to and right click either Explorer item, then select "Crete Shortcut" in
pop-up menu. Cut the shortcut and paste where desired.

Malv

"Malvern" <thisis@fak> wrote in message

> Shortcut to WRONG Explorer ? It can get confusing. Locate the Windows
> Explorer in the Windows folder (My Computer>C Drive>Windows) and scroll
down
> to and right click either Explorer item, then select "Crete Shortcut" in
> pop-up menu. Cut the shortcut and paste where desired.
>
> Malv

OOPS ! Make that "Create Shortcut" in pop-up menu.

Hi,

Because your shortcut points to iexplore.exe instead of explorer.exe.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

Rick "Nutcase" Rogers wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Because your shortcut points to iexplore.exe instead of explorer.exe.

I put the "Target" address[below] in, after seeing it in one of these XP
ngs... and below, is the "Start in" path it created from that. I have
seen the other one with ,c: added, since I found this one below.

Target: C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe /e

Start in: %HOMEDRIVE%%HOMEPATH%

It opens just the way I want it too; but the "Internet" Explorer heading
worried/confused me. It also seems to function OK... except sometimes
when I click on one of those + signs to expand a folder, nothing happens.
bj

Malvern wrote:

> "chicagofan" <me7@privacy.net> wrote in message
>
>>I created a shortcut to open Windows Explorer with Drive C: contents,
>>and I am wondering why the title/location bar shows:
>> C:\ - "Windows INTERNET Explorer"?
>>
>>bj
>

> Shortcut to WRONG Explorer ? It can get confusing. Locate the Windows
> Explorer in the Windows folder (My Computer>C Drive>Windows) and scroll down
> to and right click either Explorer item, then select "Create Shortcut" in
> pop-up menu. Cut the shortcut and paste where desired.
>
> Malv

Thanks... I should have made it more clear, that the shortcut is working
as intended... it does open Explorer, with the C drive expanded as I
wanted. It just had that strange "IE" heading appended to C: drive in
the title/location bar.

I probably didn't create it the right way. :)
bj

Hi

What command have you used for the shortcut? The following one works with
showing C:\

%windir%\EXPLORER.EXE /e,c:

--

Will Denny
MVP - Windows Shell/User

Will Denny wrote:

> Hi
>
> What command have you used for the shortcut? The following one works with
> showing C:\
>
> %windir%\EXPLORER.EXE /e,c:

Don't know... I'll check it Will, and change it. Thanks!
bj

Glad it works now. These computers can do strange things...

Malv