Two Core Duos in One Computer

MacLover3541

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
Hey everyone I love Mac computers, but I haven't found any other than apple. Is there a way i can get a typical laptop and give it Mac OS X? And I was also wondering if there are any motherboards that support 2 Intel Core Duo T2400 Yonah 667MHz FSB 2 x 1MB L2 Cache Socket 478 Processors because I just want to make a tricked out laptop with Mac OS X and overclock the f*** out of it

Thanks everyone

nobly

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2005
Hey everyone I love Mac computers, but I haven't found any other than apple. Is there a way i can get a typical laptop and give it Mac OS X? And I was also wondering if there are any motherboards that support 2 Intel Core Duo T2400 Yonah 667MHz FSB 2 x 1MB L2 Cache Socket 478 Processors because I just want to make a tricked out laptop with Mac OS X and overclock the f*** out of it

Thanks everyone
I don't think so. The MacBooks or whatever they're called, have specific drivers for OS X. If you can get a laptop w/ the same chipset you might be in business but OS X might not have the drivers for all the peripherals on the laptop. You'd practically ahve to build your own macbook to apple's specifications.

Uh a laptop with 2 core duo's is probably not very viable. i don't think they have laptop motherboards w/ dual cpu capabilities... plus your battery life will probably go down the tubes... if the battery can even output that much power...

but anyone feel free to correct me!

bigbadjohnnyb

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2006
I think what you want to look for is the OSx86 project.

I've had a lot of success doing this on several Intel platforms, including dual Xeon's and the Pentium D 805 (common). I had a dual-core D805 running at 3.6GHz and Mac OS X 10.4.6 - finally trashed it about a week ago for Vista. It ran very well though.

Most difficult thing about it is the video drivers. In this particular arena, you'll want an ATI card - the nVidia drivers for the hacked Mac OSX are lagging a bit behind. No slam on nVidia's - its just that Mac natively ran on ATI, so they're changing existing drivers, where the nVidia stuff is written fresh - a bit harder. :)