Remote Desktop Connection from a machine to itself

Hi,

I'm trying to use the Remote Desktop Connection to remotely connect to my
machine from itself. Is this possible? I've followed the online docs to
allow remote access but can't see myself on the dropdown. I've tried typing
192.168.0.1 and localhost into the dropdown but neither of these work
either.

Could anyone help me out?

Cheers,

Jon.
1 answer Last reply
More about remote desktop connection machine itself

    The Remote Desktop feature cannot be used as both a host and client
    at the same time.

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    "Mr Colm" wrote:

    | Hi,
    |
    | I'm trying to use the Remote Desktop Connection to remotely connect to my
    | machine from itself. Is this possible? I've followed the online docs to
    | allow remote access but can't see myself on the dropdown. I've tried typing
    | 192.168.0.1 and localhost into the dropdown but neither of these work
    | either.
    |
    | Could anyone help me out?
    |
    | Cheers,
    |
    | Jon.

Remote Desktop Connection Microsoft Windows XP