Remote Desktop Connection from a machine to itself

October 23, 2004 11:51:59 PM

Hi,

I'm trying to use the Remote Desktop Connection to remotely connect to my
machine from itself. Is this possible? I've followed the online docs to
allow remote access but can't see myself on the dropdown. I've tried typing
192.168.0.1 and localhost into the dropdown but neither of these work
either.

Could anyone help me out?

Cheers,

Jon.
Anonymous
October 23, 2004 11:52:00 PM

The Remote Desktop feature cannot be used as both a host and client
at the same time.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP