Help with 3rd party dns forwarders.

Has anyone here paid for 3rd party dns forwarders or used any that they felt
were reliable other than their ISP. We have problems with the ones we are
using from time to time and at this point I feel it would be simpler to just
go with a company that can gurantee some uptime.

Today i spent the better half of the day chasing around dns issues. Our
root servers could not access the web and because the two child domains
server dns to the clients throught the root servers most of our clients were
either choppy or unable to get to the internet.

Any help would be possible

In news:8BBBE68F-19D7-47E8-BCAB-79627606E694@microsoft.com,
Angryblack <Angryblack@discussions.microsoft.com> stated, and I replied
below:
> Has anyone here paid for 3rd party dns forwarders or used any that
> they felt were reliable other than their ISP. We have problems with
> the ones we are using from time to time and at this point I feel it
> would be simpler to just go with a company that can gurantee some
> uptime.
>
> Today i spent the better half of the day chasing around dns issues.
> Our root servers could not access the web and because the two child
> domains server dns to the clients throught the root servers most of
> our clients were either choppy or unable to get to the internet.
>
> Any help would be possible

Thsi was answered in the windows.server.dns newsgroup.

It would have been to your advantage to have cross-posted your question.
This way responses to either group would have gone to both groups
automatically and you wouldn't have to check each one separately, plus it
helps us to collaborate from both newsgroups.

--
Regards,
Ace

so all can benefit.